Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation (30328 Views)

Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation / 10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / 6 Common Mistakes Students Make During Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Seunpaul01(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2017
Dd
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by johnamedu: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Very interesting and educating write up op. In fact, I was guilty of all and they almost ruined my life. Graduated at 26 and at 41 no wife, no good job, no savings. Waited for so long for my father's friend who worked with shell to help. Even when there was so much money to start up something for myself, I used it to pave ways for custom, navy, inec, and police jobs and it yielded no fruit. Unfortunately the money went into wrong hands. Finally I have realised my mistakes and things are going smoothly now. I thank God Almighty for that.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Sezua:
not reading well enough and believing that its not by first class or 2.1

I hate it when I hear students make this sentence

5 Likes

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by nelsonebby(m): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2017
That's true don't wait for luck.

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Tedassie(m): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2017
During a robbery in Hong Kong, the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank:
"Don't move. The money belongs to the Government. Your life belongs to you."
Everyone in the bank laid down quietly.
This is called "Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.
When a lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her:
"Please be civilised! This is a robbery and not a rape!"
This is called "Being Professional”
Focus only on what you are trained to do!
When the bank robbers returned home, the younger robber (MBA trained) told the older robber (who has only completed Year 6 in primary school):
"Big brother, let's count how much we got."
The older robber rebutted and said:
"You are very stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!"
This is called "Experience”
Nowadays, experience is more important than paper qualifications!
After the robbers had left, the bank manager told the bank supervisor to call the police quickly. But the supervisor said to him:
"Wait! Let us take out $10 million from the bank for ourselves and add it to the $70 million that we have previously embezzled from the bank”.
This is called "Swim with the tide”
Converting an unfavorable situation to your advantage!
The supervisor says: "It will be good if there is a robbery every month."
This is called "Changing priority”
Personal Happiness is more important than your job”.
The next day, the TV news reported that $100 million was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and counted and counted, but they could only count $20 million.
The robbers were very angry and complained:
"We risked our lives and only took $20 million. The bank manager took $80 million with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated than to be a thief!"
This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold". Crave for knowledge..
~Good morning~

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by kolado(m): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2017
It's not by force to go to school. If education is over-rated, you can do something else.
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Pascalin90: 9:02am On Feb 07, 2017
Pls Op what practical skill/learning can you recommend for an English undergraduate? Thanks for your post.
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by SKAMOD(m): 9:03am On Feb 07, 2017
lol in this naija u are OYO. Better get something doing bfore u plan to enter

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Dannybliss1(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2017
justi4jesu:

Start by learning Tally or Quickbooks.
thanks for d info...please forgive my curiosity...can I learn it in a computer training center?? do u tink d offer such service? or are there specialized centers for such software
thanks
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by abmendozer(m): 9:07am On Feb 07, 2017
Pascalin90:
Pls Op what practical skill/learning can you recommend for an English undergraduate? Thanks for your post.
I would advise you not to limit yourself to skills viable to your course of study alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:10am On Feb 07, 2017
Phunkyposh:
Not being Proactive
Yea. That encapsulates everything!

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2017
oluFELAxy:
Thinking that life after Campus is the same as life on Campus
Wow! I so much agree
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by NevetsIbot(m): 9:14am On Feb 07, 2017
schhol can't stop d spirit of hustle in me

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Aroh48(m): 9:15am On Feb 07, 2017
abmendozer:
Education is over rated in Nigeria joor! I went to a friend's jamb tutorial class and I was sad because the students think life is the way they picture it. I never realised all these things till I finished the time wasting NYSC last year. Those that have graduated years back are still struggling with their life not to talk of recent graduates. The only thing that is important is to have a hand work.
Btw, you think having connection is an easy task? You think these top people want to help anybody aside from their children?
You better wake up! If you are not from a wealthy family, just work and and slowly and gradually you will get there...but if you are from a rich background, just count your blessings.
Finally if you have any opportunity to leave this country RUN and don't look back angry
I love this your write up bro.when I was in sch, I have this cousin brother of my working in Nestlé and he is one of their top boss there.He promised me heaven and earth, automatic employment after graduation etc.After my Nysc, this brother of my started avoiding me.Even when I payed him a visit many a time, the way he do respond to me made me to have a rethink and I gave him a chance,them focus on the future and stop visiting him.Thank God for my life now.He's the one looking for me today.

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:15am On Feb 07, 2017
Primusinterpares:
I don tire 4 all this kind 10 mistakes,6 things,8 mistake this and and that topics...
hahaha! Don't be @Primusinterpares. Such list were super useful for some us. Kept us motivated cool
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 07, 2017
Thinking life is all about parties nd clubs.
A well known telecom company placed an advert for call centre representatives.. They needed 15 graduates from some particular zones in Nigeria. One of my friend who applied for the vacancy said a lot of graduate failed woefully in English language. Out of 50candidates that appeared for the interview only 5 of them we're approved by the company against 15 graduates from each zones.
And the pay is attractive : N150k per month.
But a lot lost out cause of simple English sentences and proper etiquette in attending to different types of customers.
Some youths are not taking an extra mile to make themselves saleable to the competitive world out there. Life is not rosy.

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:18am On Feb 07, 2017
Tedassie:
During a robbery in Hong Kong, the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank:
"Don't move. The money belongs to the Government. Your life belongs to you."
Everyone in the bank laid down quietly.
This is called "Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.
When a lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her:
"Please be civilised! This is a robbery and not a rape!"
This is called "Being Professional”
Focus only on what you are trained to do!
When the bank robbers returned home, the younger robber (MBA trained) told the older robber (who has only completed Year 6 in primary school):
"Big brother, let's count how much we got."
The older robber rebutted and said:
"You are very stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!"
This is called "Experience”
Nowadays, experience is more important than paper qualifications!
After the robbers had left, the bank manager told the bank supervisor to call the police quickly. But the supervisor said to him:
"Wait! Let us take out $10 million from the bank for ourselves and add it to the $70 million that we have previously embezzled from the bank”.
This is called "Swim with the tide”
Converting an unfavorable situation to your advantage!
The supervisor says: "It will be good if there is a robbery every month."
This is called "Changing priority”
Personal Happiness is more important than your job”.
The next day, the TV news reported that $100 million was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and counted and counted, but they could only count $20 million.
The robbers were very angry and complained:
"We risked our lives and only took $20 million. The bank manager took $80 million with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated than to be a thief!"
This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold". Crave for knowledge..
~Good morning~

aaah! shocked
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by sparkleRed(f): 9:18am On Feb 07, 2017
[quote author=mubarak89 post=53487028][/quote]

One of d biggest mistake I ever made

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by justi4jesu(f): 9:20am On Feb 07, 2017
Dannybliss1:

thanks for d info...please forgive my curiosity...can I learn it in a computer training center?? do u tink d offer such service? or are there specialized centers for such software
thanks

Sure they teach them at computer training centers, you can confirm from them first before you make any payment.
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Dannybliss1(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2017
justi4jesu:

Sure they teach them at computer training centers, you can confirm from them first before you make any payment.
Thanks a lot...I appreciate
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by justi4jesu(f): 9:27am On Feb 07, 2017
Dannybliss1:

Thanks a lot...I appreciate

You are welcome
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Opakan2: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2017
Reading stupid writeups & fictions from every fool on the internet when they should be exposing themselves to World news and events
I've seen even Jambites waste their lives on here and when their mates are graduating, excelling, they are still there on the same spot.

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2017
Dannybliss1:
please op can u recommend any software I can learn as an accounting student??am in 300lv...thanks in advance ,,nice post
@Dannybliss1 SPSS or PeachTree are great. You can go deeper with Excel too; a friend of mine is able to use it to create custom Payroll systems for businesses; most of his clients are schools
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Craigbrown4076: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2017
ifenes:
PhD,masters and other certificates are no test of knowledge. Just mere paper to show how much brainwash has been carried out.
You think?

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by Dannybliss1(m): 9:43am On Feb 07, 2017
mubarak89:

@Dannybliss1 SPSS or PeachTree are great. You can go deeper with Excel too; a friend of mine is able to use it to create custom Payroll systems for businesses; most of his clients are schools
I really appreciate...thanks
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2017
Pascalin90:
Don't know much about your question but if i were an English student, I'll learn copy-writing; there seems to be a future for copywriters in Nigeria. Increasing number of companies are seeking for help to create direct mail pieces, taglines, and web page content.

I'll also learn the intricacies of book writing/publishing. Fictional writers are crushing it.
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2017
DrSuleiman100:
Mumu post
hahaha. Thanks for commenting grin
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2017
obembet:
This is the best of yours so far.. I really like this writeup.

That no 3....... Hmmm till today

Thanks a lot @obembet grin
Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by arena07: 9:51am On Feb 07, 2017
abmendozer:
Education is over rated in Nigeria joor! I went to a friend's jamb tutorial class and I was sad because the students think life is the way they picture it. I never realised all these things till I finished the time wasting NYSC last year. Those that have graduated years back are still struggling with their life not to talk of recent graduates. The only thing that is important is to have a hand work.
Btw, you think having connection is an easy task? You think these top people want to help anybody aside from their children?
You better wake up! If you are not from a wealthy family, just work and and slowly and gradually you will get there...but if you are from a rich background, just count your blessings.
Finally if you have any opportunity to leave this country RUN and don't look back angry
well said especially the last sentence...

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mubarak89(m): 9:54am On Feb 07, 2017
LordIsaac:
Epic!
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation by mengho(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2017
You can be a farmer as well, with the power of the internet, YOU will be unstoppable, many techniques online to try & best of all very cheap labor, you practically don't need to do anything, I just love my job grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chideraa Njoku Graduates From Indian University, Bags First Class, Gets A Gold / TASUED Closes School Over Clash Between Cultists And Host Community / Where Is The Ball Placed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.