Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios (1862 Views)

HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 / Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by sanjowest: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
smileyNIGERIAN Pay TV Company, HiTV may have finally shut its critics who accused it of not investing in the local industry up, with the takeover of world class TINAPA Studios.

The deal, described by Mr. Toyin Subair, as a “milestone” in the history of Nigeria’s entertainment industry, was finally sealed on Monday in Calabar, capital of the tourism bed of Africa, Cross River State, amid frenzied preparations for the kick off of the annual Calabar Christmas Festival.

The State’s Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Eddy Ogon who stood in for the Governor, Senator Liyel Imoke, at the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding at the Governor’s Office, Calabar, was happy that an agreement has finally been reached with Hi Media, owners of the fastest growing Pay TV in Africa, HiTV, on the acquisition of TINAPA Studios.
Here is a link to what the studio is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAfkxjgn-As

tongue
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2009
pls give them a round of applause

now they are playin ma music

watch out for when "we" get listed grin grin

Toyin/olumide are tryin
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2009
We still ain't impressed until
a. they give us quality programming and TV signals
b. they inmprove their boquets.
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by sanjowest: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
It's good development for our showbiz industry. I know for sure that with time Hi Media will get there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAfkxjgn-As
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2009
Eastbay:

We still ain't impressed until
a. they give us quality programming and TV signals
b. they inmprove their boquets.
time will do all tht
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2009
tkb417:

time will do all tht
almost 3 years of hiTV and still no improvements.
Any hope?
Useless people.Hisses and slams the door in anger
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2009
hahahaha
i was opportuned to have DSTV when they came to 9ja

it was horrible mixed with shit
hehehe

3 years for a start up isnt bad if u know what i mean.
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2009
yeah but then we could say DSTv was a pioneer in the cable business in Africa.
HiTV has no excuses in this day and age;cus DSTV has been around for like 15 years or so and they've shown us how to do things.
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
i get you

thts why i said the normal teething problems that bedevil start ups will hinder HitV from going full throttle

the only way they could even stand the test of time was the to wrestle the epl rights from DSTV

The epl rights thingy and the issue of affordability were the only entry strategy that could have made them compete with the champion. Now, they have gone beyond the probs associated with entry, now they have the cash cow, what they need is to upscale and move to greater things

Money money money; im sure you know they arent on the sale level with multi choice whn funding is concerned.

They cant operate at the same level with Multichoice who has got industry experience, money and also has access to many emerging markets.

I have no doubt Amure and Subair will turn Hitv to a good brand in no distant future, just chillax my jiggar

obe to dun, owo lapa (soup wey sweet, na money kill am)

relax bro
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by akinalabi(m): 12:14am On Dec 06, 2009
Come tkb. Dem don give you moni?
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2009
den give me moni for wetin grin
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2009
tk,
Anther take is this:
Why take over a world-class facility when your content is crappy?
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
2 things are involved right

content and packaging

the content will improve with experiential learning while the packaging needs some world class touches
u feel me? cheesy
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Cristalz(f): 9:38am On Dec 08, 2009
@akinalabi
I'm sure TKB and Temisan are drinking buddies. cheesy grin
I don't understand this great love for Hitv.  .  .

By the way, they've got EPL rights till 2013, right? Are they keeping the UCL and the CC too?
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Emperoh(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2009
Cristalz:

@akinalabi
I don't understand this great love for Hitv. . .

By the way, they've got EPL rights till 2013, right? Are they keeping the UCL and the CC too?

Think home, think Nigeria. . . .Proudly Nigerian!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 11:19am On Dec 08, 2009
Cristalz:

@akinalabi
I don't understand this great love for Hitv. . .

if u know me well, i love anythn Nigeria

i cannot live abroad cos of that and oh yeah, Hitv is proudly 9ja just like my drinking partner (emperoh) has said cheesy

Emperoh:

Think home, think Nigeria. . . .Proudly Nigerian!! grin grin grin grin
yes o
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by edoyad(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2009
Will you sharrap my friend ? angry Every body knows NTA is the biggest and best network in the world. HI kini ?
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
edoyad:

Will you sharrap my friend ? angry Every body knows NTA is the biggest and best network in the world. HI kini ?
if i whoze u ehn, u go see angels cheesy
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by sanjowest: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2009
I love Hitv die. They are not saying, " we are there" but "Yes! we can".
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2009
sanjowest:

I love Hitv die. They are not saying, " we are there" but "Yes! we can".
And so far, their performance is saying "No,we ain't capable.With no hope of going beyond the pathetic stage we are in right now."
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2009
thts nt true
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by sanjowest: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2009
How do you see Hitv yesterday?
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2009
when HiTV goes HD,then we'll talk.
Until then,they are doing what others have done before,and they can't even pretend to imitate them.
Nothing they've doneis special so far.
We thought as an alternative,they'd be better in terms of programming and costs.
Apparently,it's a pipe dream.We shoulda known better,cus it's a Nigerian thing:promises so much and delivers so little.
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
programming and costs?

and u think the cost isnt better comparatively?

eastbay na thief o
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2009
tk,
I'll take 9.5 k for DSTV's full bouquet cus it's actually worth it.
there may be no soccer,but their programming content sh.its on HitV's by streets and miles.
Besides,theHD format allows you to enjoy the few games that they show:great audio and picture quality.
HiTHief-V has started becoming greedy by raising their main bouquet which is full of sh.it.ty channels and programs all because of their EPL right.
the 6 k one spends a month is actually ROBBERY,cus the fotie is hardly enjoyed,and there is nothing else to watch.
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
Eastbay:

tk,
I'll take 9.5 k for DSTV's full bouquet cus it's actually worth it.
there may be no soccer,but their programming content sh.its on HitV's by streets and miles.
Besides,theHD format allows you to enjoy the few games that they show:great audio and picture quality.
HiTHief-V has started becoming greedy by raising their main bouquet which is full of sh.it.ty channels and programs all because of their EPL right.
the 6 k one spends a month is actually ROBBERY,cus the fotie is hardly enjoyed,and there is nothing else to watch.
all na part of the teething problems

they'll get better with time
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by nateevs(m): 7:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
What's to say they will get better with time. . . ?
What if this is the best they can offer. . ?

Nigerians have a certain affinity for mediocrity.
As long as it's Nigerian, we must support it. . Good Bad or Ugly, it's Nigerian.

Until we learn how to be critical about the things we do, we will never touch world standards.
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2009
story
i use mtn not Nitel lines
i drive a japanese car not keke marwa

i use Sony TV not obiron tv and i dont fly arik/virgin Nigeria overseas cheesy cheesy

so cut ur 9ja story

i know HitV and i believe with time, they'll hit the right cord
wrestling the TV rights from Multichoice is no small feat at all
we shd enccourage them

nigezie for me tho ahead of channel O
and thts wht im talking about cheesy
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2009
tk,

Points noted.
But nigezie ahead of chanel o is just an isolatedcase.
Hi nolly=Africa Magic or Africa magic plus?
HiLife=MNetWorld?
Hi Kids=Boomerang/Caroon Network.
No.
Let's see if they get better like you say,though it hurts to be paying so much for so little
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by tkb417(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2009
eastbay
im hooked on DSTV for the other programmes

im on Hitv for the soccer channels and Nigezie

im just optimistic they'll get there at one point

Look at the 9ja banks some years back and compare them with what we have now

its only a matter of time
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2009
Ha,
tk,
Naija banks are just glossed-up to catch up with the times (i.e. Y2K and beyond)
I can tell you that.
I still wait in queues to collect cash,find it difficult to transact business online.Lazy,lousy and worthles piecesofthrash they call tellers and glorified protitutes they have as marketers
Then the thieving personnel that they have as staf,busy defrauding every customer with a million naira upwards in their account.
I could go on and on.
i think HiTV will chill out where they are untill they have achallenger for the EPL right,cus it's apparent that DSTv isn't prepared to battle it out with them anymore.
Cus right now,they can foist mediocre transmission on us and we can't do JACK.besides they have one of the worst websites i've eer seen and their customerrelations deprtment is none existent.
which isn't surprising,as it's a nigerian company.
Re: Hitv Takes Over Tinapa Studios by akinalabi(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2009
tk,

Which one be ya own an HITV? You get shares there?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Manchester United versus Real Madrid International Champions Cup / Roll Call Of Juve Players That Are Staying / Paris Hilton Is Behind Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo’s Voodoo Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.