Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

New Robbery Method - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Robbery Method (879 Views)

We Formed New Robbery Gang Inside SARS Cell —suspects (pic) / We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] / Guys, Beware Of The New Method Of Robbery… It Involves Sexy Ladies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Robbery Method by zuuby(m): 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2009
Really long story but I'll try to dish only the skeleton

6:30pm was going home(Isolo) on last Friday when i got to the popular ladipo market .
There was go slow on the way and my car was on the far left of the road.
A guy passed by me and pointed to my bonnet I ignored him n continued along.
Another came and this time was insistent so I had to roll down a little after which he told me that
there was smoke form my bonnet.I promptly shut down the engine,got down,opened the bonnet and checked.
NOTHING , but he insisted that he saw smoke that i should try n start it again which i did n he claimed it gave a spark n
that i should not attempt to restart the car.
He and another fellow then ''helped'' me in pushing the car to a safe place n he went to call a rewire for me.
The rewire came,checked n told me to start the car again.I did n it refused to start.
He claimed there was a device there that is leaking n he went to call the spare part dealer with a spare.
time= 7:15pm
The rewire went under the hood n bought out a leaking device n changed with the spare part.
by these time there were suspicious looking xters all around
Payment
was told it cost 18000 naira.
had only 7000 naira with me n managed to give the spare part dealer 5000 naira,rewire 1000 naira .
exchanged numbers with the spare part dealer to come for his balance the next day.
thanked them n zoomed off
Next DAY
Went to call another rewire to confirm that the car is okay n that what was changed was not fake.
Alas,it was all a setup.Nothing was changed n they have me down by 6000 naira plus changed.
What do will call this. Robbery with my active participation.

BEWARE
Re: New Robbery Method by zuuby(m): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2009
Discovered lated that the rewire smartly disconnected the wire leading to the alternator and the show was opened from there on.
Re: New Robbery Method by Spyker: 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
grin

Next time, call your mechanic to come with tow van if you must need a mechanic.
Re: New Robbery Method by kshow1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2009
Haaaaa happened to me before at same spot, but i did not allow them touch anything and just risk moving the car forward to iyana- isolo before calling a rewire who told me the car was perfectly okay.
Re: New Robbery Method by Parohfrey(f): 5:29am On Dec 05, 2009
are you all new in Lagos?
Re: New Robbery Method by zuuby(m): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2009
not new man
guess every dog has it's day

(1) (Reply)

Rape Of Schoolgirls: Police Arrest Driver, 4 Suspects / Another shitty business in SW / Pictures: Man Sleeps With Own Daughters, Nieces In Ibadan Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.