Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? (21383 Views)

Extreme Wife's Submission To Her Husband According To The New Covenant. / Mary Is The Ark Of The New Covenant / Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
petra1:

Splinz and bluAgent you can see the uselessness of hard words and abuses. we all have opportunity to learn from one another but when one person tries to intimidate the other to submission by superiority attitude. we only provoke one anothers flesh. My counsel , let the word of God be presented in its simplicity. no hard word required. you may be right , i may be right. lets give room for truth to show its face. once ego is stirred no one cares for truth anymore.
I concur smiley
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2017
blueAgent:
As usual you will dodge to answer the question ,only to rephrase it.
Go play with yourself if you haven't anything sensible to post. SMH
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
petra1:

Splinz and bluAgent you can see the uselessness of hard words and abuses. we all have opportunity to learn from one another but when one person tries to intimidate the other to submission by superiority attitude. we only provoke one anothers flesh. My counsel , let the word of God be presented in its simplicity. no hard word required. you may be right , i may be right. lets give room for truth to show its face. once ego is stirred no one cares for truth anymore.

Oga, shove your hypocritical counsel up your arse! Just like that fool that saw only my uncouth words, who calls himself MuttleyLaff, did you also saw only Splinz "hard words and abuses"?

While that blind bat called MuttleyLaff so much need me to stay relevant, kindly advice him to stop boring me with his ignorance riddled mentions. It is for this obvious reasons that I've been ignoring his unintelligent and clownish tags. Poor thing, he has been waiting for so long to have me dignified him with a response, and now I can imagine his joy. cool

And yes... As for that lunatic called openmine... Anyway, I've already shown him where he belongs--mental asylum.

PS: I can easily differentiate between a learner and a scoffer who only seeks to shine the teeth. The pitiable tactic adopted by these two clowns is to throw tantrum when confronted with superior arguments, believing when mockery is employed, it somehow makes them look right, not knowing it only further portrays their follies. SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by petra1(m): 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
Splinz:

Oga, shove your hypocritical counsel up your arse! Just like that fool that saw only my uncouth words, who calls himself MuttleyLaff, did you also saw only Splinz "hard words and abuses"?

While that blind bat called MuttleyLaff so much need me to stay relevant, kindly advice him to stop boring me with his ignorance riddled mentions. It is for this obvious reasons that I've been ignoring his unintelligent and clownish tags. Poor thing, he has been waiting for so long to have me dignified him with a response, and now I can imagine his joy. cool

And yes... As for that lunatic called openmine... Anyway, I've already shown him where he belongs--mental asylum.

PS: I can easily differentiate between a learner and a scoffer who only seeks to shine the teeth. The pitiable tactic adopted by these two clowns is to throw tantrum when confronted with superior arguments, believing when mockery is employed, it somehow makes them look right, not knowing it only further portrays their follies. SMH

You started it na. They caught the fire later. Truth can not be communicated by strife. But humility .

2 Timothy 2:24-25
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
openmine:

When i said U sud demand and collect ur school fees from your primary school,U thought i was joking....see how U are embarrassing Yourself ON a public forum cry cry
U sud instead look at urself in a large mirror and U will see the true definition of folly!!
Ur folly is likened to peak milk...Its Already In YOU!
Deal with It! cheesy cheesy

Am done with you. it is obvious your IQ does not have the capacity to differentiate between your left and your right.like Splinz said it is of no use talking to someone who lacks reasoning capacity

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
blueAgent:

Am done with you. it is obvious your IQ does not have the capacity to differentiate between your left and your right.like Splinz said it is of no use talking to someone who lacks reasoning capacity
grin grin
Just admit that U have accepted Ur obvious inefficiencies that are so glaring and pitiable..... cheesy cheesy
So in Ur limited thought,U feel U have a better IQ....what a serial Joker cheesy cheesy
If Ur "seemingly bright" IQ is based on insults and jabs,then Ur case is irredeemable...U are worse than i thought grin grin grin
U are even making reference to oga splinz...A man wit a distorted and mental state of mind? grin grin...it seems U inherited his "present state of mind" yesterday which didnt go down well with the mods grin grin
Guy pack well joor grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
Splinz:

So U decided not to quote me...simply because U are afraid of exhibiting Ur madness in front of the MODs.....shey d one U did yesterday wasnt enough.... grin grin
A mad and deluded guy calling me mad....then its obvious that Ur case is beyond a solution....which can only mean one thing...KOLOMENTAL CASE grin grin

Please before U engage me again which i know U will,first take ALL Ur night drugs and call Ur doctors to be close 2 U okay? grin grin....i dont want U to ruin Ur computer set all because of Ur mental state of mind cry cry
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
petra1:
Splinz and bluAgent you can see the uselessness of hard words and abuses.
we all have opportunity to learn from one another but when one person tries to intimidate the other to submission by superiority attitude.
we only provoke one anothers flesh.

My counsel, let the word of God be presented in its simplicity. no hard word required. you may be right , i may be right.
lets give room for truth to show its face. once ego is stirred no one cares for truth anymore.

Splinz:
Oga, shove your hypocritical counsel up your arse!
Impertinence is an ugly trait.
Keep up the ''good'' work, hope MZLady39 can see all you've lately been up to

Splinz:
Just like that fool that saw only my uncouth words, who calls himself MuttleyLaff, did you also saw only Splinz "hard words and abuses"?

While that blind bat called MuttleyLaff so much need me to stay relevant, kindly advice him to stop boring me with his ignorance riddled mentions. It is for this obvious reasons that I've been ignoring his unintelligent and clownish tags.
Poor thing, he has been waiting for so long to have me dignified him with a response, and now I can imagine his joy. cool
Pardon me, your over fed ego must have mistaken me for someone who gives a damn if you've been giving back responses

You must be suffering from poor judgment and amnesia for arriving at such a conclusion like that

Splinz:

PS: I can easily differentiate between a learner and a scoffer who only seeks to shine the teeth.
The pitiable tactic adopted by these two clowns is to throw tantrum when confronted with superior arguments, believing when mockery is employed, it somehow makes them look right, not knowing it only further portrays their follies. SMH
You're nothing than a miseducated ''self-proclaimed teacher'' and an expert in foolishness
who ''teaches'' foolishness and hoped to make sense from it..

Nurse! Nurse!!

What am I doing?
Calling for a nurse only, is not enough for you, when what you actually need is a horde of psys and a good padded room

2 Likes

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Impertinence is an ugly trait.
Keep up the ''good'' work, hope MZLady39 can see all you've lately been up to

Pardon me, your over fed ego must have mistaken me for someone who gives a damn if you give back responses

You must be suffering from poor judgment for arriving at that conclusion like that

You're nothing than a miseducated ''self-proclaimed teacher'' and an expert in foolishness
who ''teaches'' foolishness and hoped to make sense from it..

Nurse! Nurse!!

What am I doing?
Calling for a nurse only, is not enough for you, when what you actually need is a horde of psys and a good padded room
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hi MuttleyLaff,
Hope you have been well.
Wow.....I really don't know what to say? This has to be an alter-ego. I can't believe this!
How did stuff turn this way??
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 12:15am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi MuttleyLaff,
Hope you have been well
All is well, thanks for checking

MZLady39:
Wow.....I really don't know what to say?
I wonder how many people like myself kept reading his posts of outdated information, hoping to see if it'll suddenly become any where interesting,
but alas, no, there he went again, with a flurry of another blah blah blah, blah, blah dull as dishwater with colors in between pointless load of bilges

MZLady39:
This has to be an alter-ego. I can't believe this!
How did stuff turn this way??
I am not fazed as I always knew Splinz has a Jekyll and Hyde character
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 10, 2017
Muttleylaff,
I'm not gonna demean him....but why can't you two act like young, intelligent brothers and not resort to calling names?
Are you guys teens?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 12:41am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
Muttleylaff,
I'm not gonna demean him....but why can't you two act like young, intelligent brothers and not resort to calling names?
Are you guys teens?
I can see you've picked up the fine art of shading, so I am going to pretend I didnt read the above. SMH
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I can see you've picked up the fine art of shading, so I am going to pretend I didnt read the above. SMH

Lol...."the fine art of shading"? My brother....I'm sure I've been on the earth much longer than you...
Although that's not what I did...i've known the art of wit....which was way before "shade".
SMH continuously.. smiley
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 12:58am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
Lol...."the fine art of shading"?
My brother....I'm sure I've been on the earth much longer than you...
Although that's not what I did...i've known the art of wit....which was way before "shade".
SMH continuously.. smiley
You are poorly informed

You guys are really beginning to show your true colors
Fake people eventually show their true colors!!!
What you think is the art of wit, is actually your fakeness rearing up its ugly head
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 10, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You are poorly informed
You guys are really beginning to show your true colors
What you think is the art of wit, is actually your fakeness rearing up its ugly head

Alrighty then....this conversation has suddenly turned sour....so forgive me for whatever I've done sir.
I may be lots of things....but "fake" is not one of them.
I'l let you go to bed since it's late there in Nigeria.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 1:07am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
Alrighty then....this conversation has suddenly turned sour....so forgive me for whatever I've done sir.
I may be lots of things....but "fake" is not one of them.
I'l let you go to bed since it's late there in Nigeria.
You really do have the nerve, dont you
and by the way, who told you am in Naija. Pftt. SMH
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 10, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You really do have the nerve, dont you
and by the way, who told you am in Naija. Pftt. SMH

You're right. I don't know where you are. I made an assumption. Please forgive me master.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 1:32am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
You're right. I don't know where you are. I made an assumption. Please forgive me master.
You forgot to pick up your master fallen mask
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 10, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You forgot to pick up your master fallen mask

Well let me make sure I pick it up before someone steps on it....SMH
This can't be Muttleylaff...what happened to him
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 1:57am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
Well let me make sure I pick it up before someone steps on it....SMH
Too late. Dont bother picking it up.

MZLady39:
This can't be Muttleylaff...what happened to him
There is only one true to self MuttleyLaff
and nothing happened to MuttleyLaff
I am sorry ''pussycat'', I cant help, if your scheming plans have not worked on MuttleyLaff at all, as you've expected?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 2:05am On Mar 10, 2017
Ok..normally I would end this..but I'm confused.
You are calling me "fake" because of what exactly?
What alleged "scheming" did I try to do to you?
Sir...something's wrong here for sure.
This is kinda disturbing.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 2:35am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
Ok..normally I would end this..but I'm confused.
You are calling me "fake" because of what exactly?
What alleged "scheming" did I try to do to you?
Sir...something's wrong here for sure.
This is kinda disturbing.
SMH. Disturbing indeed, being that you got caught up in your games
You were so involved in it that you cant see how it started and where it started from
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 10, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
SMH. Disturbing indeed, being that you got caught up in your games
You were so involved in it that you cant see how it started and where it started from

Ok.....MuttleyLaff. If you say so, then it's so.
Goodnight....sweet dreams.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 3:09am On Mar 10, 2017
MZLady39:
Ok.....MuttleyLaff. If you say so, then it's so.
Goodnight....sweet dreams.
Have a blessed and refreshen good night
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 5:35am On Mar 10, 2017
grin grin grin
A beautiful thread goes sour all because the Op and his sidekick think they are above learning and can not reason with other fellas on scriptures matters...smh
Cant even reply a question clearly without feeling threatened that they will be exposed.....
And when they have been pushed to a corner,the resort to insults and petty memes grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by xtivin(m): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2017
The 10 commandment has not been abolished,its mode of administration changed from being written on physical objects to a law written in the heart of man. Before when it was written on stones (moses), sin multiplied. For instance since i know that if i commit a particular sin i know the animal to buy to atone for the sin, then i can continue to sin as long as i keep atoning for the sin. But God in his infinite mercy saw that this practice did not stop sin, infact in the old testament there are cases where a king commit a grievious offence and immediately he noticed God is angry with him he sacrifices plenty animal to appease God. the old convenant was not effective..But the new convenant of Grace, God knows man can not be perfect hence he allowed us to use the perfection of his son (Master Jesus) to come to his throne for mercy. Now the new convenant is written at the hearts of men and must bear fruit (Love,Mercy,Kindness, Joy,Meekness e.t.c) else its a waste. Unlike the old law which the pharisee use to commit greater sin. This new law is received via the holy spirit and the holy spirit enables us to observe the 10 commandments. Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2017
xtivin:
The 10 commandment has not been abolished, its mode of administration changed from being written on physical objects to a law written in the heart of man.

Before when it was written on stones (moses), sin multiplied.
For instance since i know that if i commit a particular sin i know the animal to buy to atone for the sin, then i can continue to sin as long as i keep atoning for the sin. But God in his infinite mercy saw that this practice did not stop sin, infact in the old testament there are cases where a king commit a grievious offence and immediately he noticed God is angry with him he sacrifices plenty animal to appease God. the old convenant was not effective.

But the new convenant of Grace, God knows man can not be perfect hence he allowed us to use the perfection of his son (Master Jesus) to come to his throne for mercy.

Now the new convenant is written at the hearts of men and must bear fruit (Love, Mercy, Kindness, Joy, Meekness e.t.c) else its a waste.
Unlike the old law which the pharisee use to commit greater sin.

This new law is received via the holy spirit and the holy spirit enables us to observe the 10 commandments. Peace
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein,
he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed

- James 1:25

So be speaking and acting as a person who is going to be judged by The Law of Liberty
- James 2:12

It is true that God's Ten Laws, which are part of the Mosaic laws were written on stone

However for any that care to know, each of the Ten Commandments were scrapped,
only for Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, to explicitly re-introduce each and everyone of them except for the fourth commandment

In James 1:25 and James 2:12 above, we are made aware of the law of liberty
and advised to speak and act like one who is going to be referred to it when being judged.

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2017
Wow see fight.
I no go add myself to this one.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Wow see fight.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
xtivin:
The 10 commandment has not been abolished,its mode of administration changed from being written on physical objects to a law written in the heart of man. This new law is received via the holy spirit and the holy spirit enables us to observe the 10 commandments.
Good understanding sir.

And to add to it, we've seen that a Christian is circumcised by the Holy Spirit (Romans 2:29) in order to keep the Law, since circumcision is of value when the Law is kept (Romans 2:25). Also, the carnal mind is hostile to God, nor does it submit to His Law (Romans 8:7).

So then, whoever claims to be “walking in the newness of the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16), but convert the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ into a “license” to break the Law (Jude 1:4) or claims the Law has been abolished, such a person is nothing but a liar, and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:4).

In fact, a commonsense approach in understanding the perpetuity of the Law is: 1. the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). 2. sin is the transgression of the Law (1 John 3:4). 3. sin is not imputed when there is no Law (Romans 5:13).

Now, when you tie this understanding together, it shatters the notion that the “Law has been abolished”. Again, this is proven in three ways: 1. If the Law has been abolished, then death too has been abolished. This is irrespective of whether one live a righteous life or not. 2. If the Law has been abolished, then sin is no more. 3. If the Law has been abolished, then nobody is guilty of sin anymore, since sin is not counted when there's no Law.

Sir, have you seen the dangers of such beliefs and teachings—the sheer ridiculousness of its thought? Indeed, in them is fulfilled the scripture that states “And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many” (Matthew 24:11).
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Wow see fight.

I beg you in the name of God please click and read with an open mind.

www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/hail_mary_hail_satan.htm

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary In Grand Style / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / 30-year-old Prophetess Set Ablaze As Trance Celebration Turned Sour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.