Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Family Tragedy Had Taken Place There? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Family Tragedy Had Taken Place There? (315 Views)

Ebony Reigns' Mortuary Video Was Taken For Spiritual Purposes – Eagle Prophet / Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home / Footballer Who Survived Colombian Plane Tragedy Was Reading His Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Family Tragedy Had Taken Place There? by VLadipo: 11:04am On Feb 07, 2017
The following entry once appeared in the Personal Column of a daily newspaper:

“My dear family, I am sorry for what has happened. I regret what I have done and wish to apologise. Please forgive me and put away all fear of me. Please make contact, I need you I love you. Your X.”

What family tragedy had taken place there? Egotism, anger, quarrelling, violence? Isn’t this notice in the press a shocking, yet apt illustration of today’s verse from the Bible?
Is it a single instance? By no means, unfortunately! The media constantly report such things. Violence takes place at school, in the street, everywhere where people live together, even in the closest family circle; where love and security should reign, hatred and violence often prevail.
Can it possibly be otherwise in a world where God has been rejected? No laws or humanitarian efforts can bring about a remedy. Only a radical change of heart, new life from God, can produce the condition whereby communal life is possible without hostility and fear. Our wish is that the man who published that notice, experienced not only the forgiveness of his family, but also sought and found the grace of God.

Source for Full Version: http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=thegoodseed&&id=2408

(1) (Reply)

Do You Live Under A Rock? So You Did Not Know About Self-torture By Catholics? / Another Chance / Does The Bible Say Anything About Teletransportation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.