Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) (76399 Views)

UNILAG Introduces Online Lectures Without Data Subscription? / University Of Ilorin Dress Code: Bans Cleavage, Tattoos, Leggings, Heavy Makeup / Lautech Students Pictured Sleeping On The Streets After Yesterday Protest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2017
dd
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2017
Good move. They are there to study and not to expose body parts and hunt for sexual partners.
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by purpledferanmi1: 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2017
misplaced priorities? for encouraging decency.
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by laudate: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
GidiParrot:
University of Lagos management has introduced a dress code for the students of the institution to curb the indecent dressing among the male and female students.

This was made known on a notice pasted in the school, it was stated clearly that lecturers and administrators are empowered to correct/exclude students from lectures and official business when they are not properly dressed.

What do you think?

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/02/unilag-introduces-dress-code-to-students.html

Lai lai! wink It cannot werk...! Or isn't it the same Akokites that I know? When we were graduating some years back, this was the same way the authorities gave us a dress code insisting that only the following colours were permitted to be worn under the academic gown on graduation day: black, navy blue, white, grey and brown. Omo, on graduation day come and see shocking colours that the girls were wearing - like yellow, orange, peach, pink, red, torquoise etc.

At the end of the day, what happened? Nothing!! cheesy
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Ezedon(m): 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
Thats a good step after the death of Bubu

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by yusufyusuf1: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
Maybe now the real students will be separated from the oloshos maybe just maybe
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Bishop1monte(m): 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
No problem. Example of dress code In my school usmanu danfodiyo university

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Philinho(m): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
welcome development... cos some people are colo-mental
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Proffdada: 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
#BringBackSanity

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by delivryboy: 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
getostar:
misplaced priorities.

Spotted. So students should be allowed to roam naked in your opinion.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by mradonis(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
Very Good step. Stop giving boys and lecturers Conji and wen it happens u start screaming S..xual harassment.

D tin wey u no want make man chop, no put for him nose to smell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by zabuur: 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
getostar:
misplaced priorities.
Ok. Let's assume you have a point which we both know you actually don't. For argument sake, what were they supposed to do before this?
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by leobrownish(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
la dress la bend....
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Richy4(m): 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
They had better start defining tight fitting...Because no one wears baggy any more..even most business shirts nowadays are slim fits...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
Dress code is a necessity for a decent institution.

Find below my recommended dress codes for our Tertiaries. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by AntiWailer: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
Islamization.

Where is FFK and FAYOSE. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by CaroLyner(f): 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
we don't follow rules#

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Kobicove(m): 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
Well it's about time...
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by delivryboy: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
When the whites came to Africa people didn't wear cloths, they saw white people fully clothed and began wearing cloths, great, whites began wearing less cloths, Africans followed by going almost naked. Don't we have a decision of our own?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by ozimec(m): 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
GidiParrot:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-tALjhL5fD2c/WJmL7BfGLnI/AAAAAAAEvXY/b7e0PumGnjowIVCn-CnfVgllXYhwUTAXwCLcB/s400/unilag1.jpg[/img]
University of Lagos management has introduced a dress code for the students of the institution to curb the indecent dressing among the male and female students.

This was made known on a notice pasted in the school, it was stated clearly that lecturers and administrators are empowered to correct/exclude students from lectures and official business when they are not properly dressed.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-B40kPbeg4Qg/WJmL6kmj1QI/AAAAAAAEvXU/08Nw8zmO2PYKnVM5OTtmOlMphalPfbo3gCLcB/s640/photostudio_1486457212009.jpg[/img]

What do you think?

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/02/unilag-introduces-dress-code-to-students.html

Long overdue. This is a welcome development. I hope other institutions will emulate this. Thanks Unilag for setting the pace.
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by DavSagacity(m): 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
Its a welcome development. I was in Ajayi Crowder University in Oyo few days ago to submit some documents. The way their students were dressed was so beautiful. obviously they have a dress code. Guys were neatly adorned in tie and the girls in cnothing that covered the body well.
We can appear Sexy and fashionable so to speak without dressing like club girls to classes.
Thump Up UNILAG
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by lilybonny(f): 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
thornapple:
Good mo ve. They are there to study and not to expose body parts and hunt for sexual partners.
Well said sis.
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by misterkay(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
Irrelevances. World universities are contributing meaningfully to technological advancement through research, here we are bothered by our dress codes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by airminem(f): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
Silentscreamer:
D type of language nigerians understand. They have to be forced b4 dey'll do the right thing.

Then Who Forces Them If You Say Nigerians? Foreginerz?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by clickwtB(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
GidiParrot:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-tALjhL5fD2c/WJmL7BfGLnI/AAAAAAAEvXY/b7e0PumGnjowIVCn-CnfVgllXYhwUTAXwCLcB/s400/unilag1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-B40kPbeg4Qg/WJmL6kmj1QI/AAAAAAAEvXU/08Nw8zmO2PYKnVM5OTtmOlMphalPfbo3gCLcB/s640/photostudio_1486457212009.jpg[/img]

What do you think?

Some outfits are only fit for the parties/nightclubs/beaches please during business/lecture times dress decently to avoid distracting serious minded persons.
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by laudate: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
quentin06:
Dress code is a necessity for a decent institution.

Find below my recommended dress codes for our Tertiaries. cheesy

Oh, you want to wear suits to class every single day of the week? shocked When you are not a bank worker? Have you even entered Unilag classrooms before? No aircon, lack of adequate seating arrangements, plenty heat etc. There was a particular course that I had to take for one semester. The ratio of students to available chairs, was like 2 to 1. I had to make do with seating on the floor for that course, throughout the entire semester. Thank God for my rugged pair of jeans. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Untainted007: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
Okuchris:
Even T-shirt,"wash"

Don't get it wrong buddy. It was not written that they cannot wear T-shirt. But anyone with bad or malicious messages written on it is not allowed

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by Sibrah: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
Untainted007:
Hmmmmm, I hope it's not too late to correct this. When Unilorin was setting the standard then, people were saying it's a secondary school, but today, Unilorin has achieved proper dressing code to an encouraging standard. But in Unilag, its already part of the students' way of life, now they want to do the necessary. Let's wait and see if they will adhere. I'm always proud to be a product of UNILORIN.
Set standard? Unilorin copied it . . .
Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by laudate: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
Bishop1monte:
No problem. Example of dress code In my school usmanu danfodiyo university

God forbid! shocked

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by gbegemaster(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
I remember when a private university instituted similar rules and Nairalanders wan chop their head.

Those of you hailing this move, didn't you see tight fitting clothes? What's that supposed to mean? Students should wear loose fitting clothes?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) by 30secs(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
Untainted007:
Hmmmmm, I hope it's not too late to correct this. When Unilorin was setting the standard then, people were saying it's a secondary school, but today, Unilorin has achieved proper dressing code to an encouraging standard. But in Unilag, its already part of the students' way of life, now they want to do the necessary. Let's wait and see if they will adhere. I'm always proud to be a product of UNILORIN.
What do you mean "Proper dress code".
Nigerians and their misplaced priorities,
Of all the issues we have in our Universities, na dress code dem see to takckle
All this so called morally right pple dey make me laff
SMH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maritime Academy Of Nigeria's Application Form Is Out! / Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities / Barewa College Produced 5 Presidents, Over 20 Governors, Ministers, Cjns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.