Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

GTBank Vs Zenith Bank - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / GTBank Vs Zenith Bank (11871 Views)

Poll: Which Of These Banks Do You Give It To?

GTBank: 84% (148 votes)
Zenith Bank: 15% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by kaxqua(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2009
let me tell u guys. Banks vary and it depends on what you are actually looking for. Both Banks do have good customer service but over the years we've tagged Zenith to be an Ego-headed bank (Not my favourite bank though) which is not retail friendly i.e not the bank for the commoner which obviously is a very big mistake if you know what it means to have a good base, ask FIRST BANK and the likes. GTBank meanwhile is customercentric and a retail bank but there could be one-off situation like the ones you mentioned earlier. Reason being that GTBank has really profited from the whole SANUSI TSUNAMI and as result a lot of customers who moved to them, but their branch network is quite poor so you tend to see a lot of customers in their Banking halls which brings up memories of then OLD GENERATION BANKS. Looking at it  + or - both bank have their various issues but will pick GTBank anyday.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by ilosiwaju: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2009
dont be fooled by the sweet brand and adverts, zenith is light years ahead of gtb. they are not a retail bank so i guess thats what you mean as shakara.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by kobikwelu(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2009
for me, GTB, they are conservative smiley(its what has helped them to avoid this mad craze by other banks)

though as a result of the sanusi tsunami, their customer base has almost doubled. wink

zenith as u'all has said, is not down to earth angry, "their ladies look down on peeps" (its not me,its a general opinion cool).

what the likes of ovia has forgotten is that the foundation of a strong bank is built on the largeness of your customer base, not on the number of individual highnetworths.

for me, GTB. grin

but,

they (GTB) have only a flaw, inadequate branches, (am not saying they open a branch on every street like oceanic,ICB sad) just make ursef more available to the people. wink
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by flyuche(m): 11:47am On Dec 21, 2009
most times the impression you have of a bank depends on the individual attending to you. some staff really have no business interfacing with a customer.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2009
I actually have both, but reduced my transactions with Zenith after my lost atm took 2+ weeks to get things sorted out. (one of my worst periods cos my GT account as maxxed out)
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by ayobase(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
ZENITH jare!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by MUNEER2(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2009
I don't think i can ever dislike GTB, though i don't have a Zenith bank account, but I'm sure they can't beat GTB

", so won't you rather bank with us, " grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by noblegas2(m): 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2009
its Zenith bank all da way yur! one main reason y i dont like GTB is dat almostall or dere branches looks very *small* to me, lol
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by MUNEER2(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
noble_gas1:

its Zenith bank all da way yur! one main reason y i dont like GTB is dat almostall or dere branches looks very *small* to me, lol

So, all you look for in banks is there structure? Well, i think this thread doesn't concern you then.

This is for how their customer service is, maybe you should wait till you see the thread you are looking for, or what do you think? angry
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by zobay(m): 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2009
I don't bank with either but as a shareholder GTB is far better on ROI.
i feel uuuuu
GTB all the way
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by aimans: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2009
Each bank has its area of strength & weakness. However, over all credit goes to GTB. Zenith banking is for "who-si-who" that are taking care of our treasury. Zenith Bank doesnt have market for poor nor average nigerians.

GTB is cusomers' focused. It doesnt do more that its capacity. Kudos to GTB!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by naijaguy2(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
[size=14pt]GTBank any time any day , [/size]
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2009
GTB was okay before but now !

Demand has outgrown services been provided!

You have to queue for long hours just to withdraw, ATm cards don't arrive early, i had to return like thrice before i got mine and after getting the card the pin was still not ready.

They need to really scale up things!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by SwtzMinx(f): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2009
.all bankz av gat their own problems, bt av gat ta hand it to GTbank, they're gud(even though, it took me 2 months to get my ATM card),
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by SwtzMinx(f): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
.all bankz av gat their own problems, bt av gat ta hand it to GTbank, they're gud(even though, it took me 2 months to get my ATM card),
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by 1forall: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
Tho I bank with GT Ive had to transact business with Zenith many times and I'd say they both offer crappy service. For those that think either one is great. . I think its a case of the one-eyed men in the country of the blind [in comparison with other banks]. Ive never been impressed by the general standard of service I get from them both except for few staff who stand themselves out now and then.

Now Access Bank: Im always impressed anytime I deal with those guys. . . seems like their management pays extra attention to CS training.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by webgenius(m): 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2009
Without a doubt, Zenith is the better of the two. The amount needed to open an account with Zenith is negotiable, their website says no definite amount is required, but in practice it is variable. I have heard of people opening with as low as 50G, opened my current with 100G and later a savings account with something similar. Zenith has created a world of opportunities for me, its IT dept is second to none. It is really a world apart from the rest of the banks.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by toba1909(m): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2009
GTB would've being my choice cos i have my salary account with them, but the management need to work on the staffs very well. Some of the CIS officers of GTB are very friendly, while some are always not giving you a face for an hello. Though we're not always meant to open our 32, but they should be advised not to transgress anything happening to them to the customers.
GTB don dey Bleep up too!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by dayjea: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
It used to be GTBank but things have really changed around there.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by nadneth: 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
In terms of CS, GTB's got it. Would prefer a local Micro-Finance Bank over Zenith!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Emotivator(m): 12:09am On Dec 22, 2009
Though Customer care service is something you cannot measure easily. So many variables can affect ones judgment.
A customers' mood today determines how S/He react to situation. For example, an average individual will not easily get angry on his or her good day.

Personally, i give it to GT cos they have served me better on my bad days than other banks- Zenith Inclusive.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by mamagee3(f): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2009
Both are on the verge of collapsing soon. tongue
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by supereagle(m): 2:13am On Dec 22, 2009
[size=40pt]Guaranty Na Super any time forget others. The ROI for their Shareholders Na Guaranteed Cake.[/size]
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by RUBRICS(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2009
GTBANK
In terms of customer service, They are BABA!

Their solidity & rigidity cannot be over-emphasised.

No wonder the slogan " Wouldn't you rather bank with us?"

They're really the BRAND!!!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by HERO111: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2009
What is not good is not good and what is not properly done is not properly done until it is done right. this is not a matter of complex or whatever. Zeniths' customer service is too arrogant and unfriendly. Although in recent times GTB may not be as effective as they use to be, they are still a million times better than Zenith in terms of Customer service and speed of operation. and if u have voted above too u see d margin that GTB is beating Zenith with as for now(GTB=82%, Zenith=24%)
Quality doesn't need to be preached , for it will speak for itself.
Simple!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by ndomadu: 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2009
Don't be deceived.Zenith bank is never comparable to GT by any standards.I bank with zenithbank but i want to move to GTBank.I have been in both banking halls and i dare say that GT satff are more friendlier and decent,never mind those harlos in miniskirts that zenith parades at their helpdesk and cashdesksEven Skyebank is better than Zenith.Zenithbank is only interrested in your money and never your wellbeing/progress.Jim ovia my arse!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by chelseabmw(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2009
GT bank anytime any day
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2009
You guys just dey shout GTB, state facts !!

Am not disputing the fact that GT was VERY GOOD sometime ago, but now really its worse.

i bank with them and i know what am saying.

People knew their standards and many people opened new accounts(traffic increasing) but is GTB increasing its capacity to serve better? NO!!!

Check the stats and compare with other banks you had see that they are resting on their oars !!! wink

They are somewhat conservative in this aspect ! cheesy
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by tushbobo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2009
GTB is customer friendly,u get prompt responses to any request u make,their ATM s are better,u get to know ur account balance at every point in time through text messages any time transactions are made on ur account(this really keeps ur mind at rest if u have huge sums of money in ur account).their internet banking makes more sense,Their bank designs are even friendlier and their colour combinations are sweet.
GTB SCORE=80%

ZENITH=OPPOSITE OF GTB
ZENITH SCORE=20%
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by stalliontp(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2009
Does it really matter? they both have their share of good and bad attributes.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by banqkool: 12:06am On Dec 23, 2009
wouldnt u rather bank wiv us? or in your best interest,
i will choose GTBank anyday anytime,
as for zenith na to sponsor inside africa fr cnn na him we wan chop?
or na him go reduce c.o.t for all man?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career / 5 Reasons Why Doctors Should Have A Side Hustle / Nigerian Army Promotes 6,199 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.