Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. (34869 Views)

Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by aloziedaya(m): 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
This one na afonja soup.

But you try

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by branhampaul: 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by nabiz(m): 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
Enjoy urself my brother but those your pot don expire na grin

4 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Vizzim: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
My brother carry goooo
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by kayDooo(m): 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
Good Evening nairalanders, I hail oh.

This isn't going to be a long post. I will try to make it short as possible, because my tummy is looking big right now, after swallowing some garri and ogbono soup.

I found this ogbono recipe online and decided to give it a try. The ingredients are listed below along with the price of some of the items. Omo things don cost for market oh.

Ingredients.

2 knor cubes.
1 milk cup ogbono seeds ( 600 naira)
Crayfish ( 100 naira)
Meat ( 1300 naira)
Ugwu leaves ( 100 naira)

Meat.
Grounded ogbono seeds,
Pepper
Ugwu leaves

Cc MissyB3

Cc lalasticlala
Cc ishiove
Cc seun
wagbayi jorh for using d best seasoning named Knorr cubes
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by mickeymimi: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
cooking is an art.....Food is essential to life ..therefore make it good . .part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like.... cheesy
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by NevetsIbot(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
lol.. Omo, my mumsi trained me wella... Which food yu wanna cook that i cant?

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by sojayy(m): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2017
Definitely the guy na Jew ! Ajokuta ma mu mi ! Wetin concern me !

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Airforce1(m): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2017
The pot don suffer for your ✋

3 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by fasterwell(m): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2017
Now i know that Buharecession did not affect many people

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by LivingHuman: 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
sad sad sad sad i'm salivating
xxxtedyxxx:
My fellow nairalanders, make una join me oh, time to swallow some eba.

The finished product is shown below.

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Edagentle(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
Nice one, but I didn't see where you said "I seasoned/steam the meat".
Was the meat properly cooked? just wondering.
Nice one though, that's for them guys wen no sabi cook sha

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
Yummy

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Vizzim: 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
HungerBAD:
Man dey cook?

how you take learn how to cook bro?did you buy a cooking book?the one I bought does not help at all.

I suggest u learn from maybe a female or watch online.. For na my sis teach me some stylish food.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by koolguy88(m): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
You try my brother, next time na egwusi soup you go cook for us
grin

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by ikorodureporta: 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
9 Add the knor cubes and add the Grinded crayfish and stir the mixture.

10 After that, Cover the pot, and allow the whole thing to simmer for about a minute.

11 Add the rinsed ugwu leaves, and your meat. Stir again

why u dey use maggi for soup?? Next time, start by frying some onions, b4 adding the ogbono
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by FTbomb(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
mehn! the kitchen and i are not best of friends at all. o boy, you dey try o..
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2017
Benita27:
That soup no go sweet, see as e take start am. cheesy grin

Na wa for guys!.

You tried for making an effort. grin

Oversweet dey worry am.. grin

If you chop am, trust me, you go lick your hands, and even steal the pot.

Tested and Trusted by others.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2017
FTbomb:
mehn! the kitchen and i are not best of friends at all. o boy, you dey try o..

Same here, just see cooking as fun, and your whole perspective will change. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2017
ikorodureporta:

why u dey use maggi for soup?? Next time, start by frying some onions, b4 adding the ogbono

Thanks. Noted bro
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:

Oversweet dey worry am.. grin

If you chop am, trust me, you go lick your hands, and even steal the pot.

Tested and Trusted by others.

I need confirmation from someone who had a taste. cheesy grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by delishpot: 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2017
The soup make sense.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2017
When i first saw that ur pot, i thought u were a herbalist preparing to cook agbo concotion.
Young guy like u dey use that kin pot in the 60s

2 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
nwabobo:

@op, you are killing yourself with that collection of fatty substances you call meat.

Are we not Nigerian?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by hahn(m): 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
Good Evening nairalanders, I hail oh.

This isn't going to be a long post. I will try to make it short as possible, because my tummy is looking big right now, after swallowing some garri and ogbono soup.

I found this ogbono recipe online and decided to give it a try. The ingredients are listed below along with the price of some of the items. Omo things don cost for market oh.

Ingredients.

2 knor cubes.
1 milk cup ogbono seeds ( 600 naira)
Crayfish ( 100 naira)
Meat ( 1300 naira)
Ugwu leaves ( 100 naira)

Meat.
Grounded ogbono seeds,
Pepper
Ugwu leaves

Cc MissyB3

Cc lalasticlala
Cc ishiove
Cc seun

Next time, make sure you have a glass of water or a drink close by before you start eating

Nice one

I have another recipe though
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Damfostopper(m): 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2017
how is this News.... Wetin happen to YouTube... go post ur video of yu preparing d soup dere

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by fluxbush(f): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
Did I just read 'season meat with curry etc'? Hian! O di egwu. Curry? In soup? Chi m oo shocked shocked undecided

3 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by browniex: 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2017
Your pot is ugly
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2017
fluxbush:
Did I just read 'season meat with curry etc'? Hian! O di egwu. Curry? In soup? Chi m oo shocked shocked undecided

See pot sef chai. Abi na 1942?

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by GindoX(m): 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
samogo1:
Please I want cook jelof Rice. Should I use rice or I should use garri?

This is the dumpness question I have ever heard grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
GindoX:

This is the [B]dumpness[/B] question I have ever heard grin

This one na DUMBEST reply I've ever seen.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fondant Recipe / Making Cake With Blender, No Oven, No Butter, No Mixer. / Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.