Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. (34802 Views)

Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by GindoX(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
Oh boi eh... Ú inherited that pot oooo grin... ;

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by nabiz(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
correctguy0900:
When i first saw that ur pot, i thought u were a herbalist preparing to cook agbo concotion.
Young guy like u dey use that kin pot in the 60s
grin grin grin grin grin grin I think say na only me see that pot. Ogbanje pot grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Vanessa88(f): 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
Looks yummy.. Let's try and ignore the pot and focus on the content..

6 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by emsco(m): 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
I will try cook this soup one of this days,have had it several times with Eba but i don't know how to make it
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Vanessa88(f): 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
Looks yummy.. But no table water?

2 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2017
I'm not seeing much in the way of obstacles other than beef. Abi shaki dey fear that pot? Swimmy swim (fish) no dey enter? Even simple kpomo self, you no fit buy am? Chineke.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by BiafranBushBoy: 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2017
Vanessa88:

Have you drank Table Water before? angry

2 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2017
Vanessa88:

Pure wata. wink

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by abbey086(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2017
Well-done guy, but why are you eating on top of a freezer?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by mira4u: 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2017
shocked lol Omo see the size of garri, op mold to swallow one time.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by BlackSeptember: 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
Silentscreamer:
what kindda soup is dat??
Your post dey mumu always aswear
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by BlackSeptember: 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
Bros that your pot dey like wetin dem take dey do sacrifice
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by BlackSeptember: 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2017
ikorodureporta:

why u dey use maggi for soup?? Next time, start by frying some onions, b4 adding the ogbono
Dat one na afonja method
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Neenie(f): 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
I like guys that knows how to cook. @OP, welldone, hope say d ogbono neva finish? E b say i still get cold eba for house grin grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by morounkola(f): 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
For variety sake, use uziza instead of ugwu leaves.The aroma and taste is something else

3 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by shortgun(m): 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
Omo see recession pot cheesy
Ur kitchen is dirty.
Next time add more red oil.
Add dried fish or stockfish.
Never add curry to ogbono soup.

Dat ur garri....is it white, yellow or brown?
I expect u to do better next time.

I will score u 4/10.

2 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by martineverest(m): 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2017
that ogbono is too watery abeg

*steps 4 and 5 are wrong
*in step 6:u DONT pour WARM WATER on ogbono..

*step 10:NEVER cover ogbono when its still hot.the watery look is due to step 6 and 10
the whole process is wrong,abeg
An EDO man talking......

4 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Gtoosmooth(m): 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2017
samogo1:
Please I want cook jelof Rice. Should I use rice or I should use garri?

use semovita
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2017
Tnk God u av learn. Bt i learnt hw 2 cuk at d age of 7. Ogbono i learn so quick. My favourite.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
HungerBAD:
Man dey cook?

how you take learn how to cook bro?did you buy a cooking book?the one I bought does not help at all.

So you have never seen a man cook before? Where did you grow up, I smell serious lies

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Chommieblaq(f): 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
morounkola:
For variety sake, use uziza instead of ugwu leaves.The aroma and taste is something else
Uziza n add okpei when grounding d crayfish
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2017
nabiz:
grin grin grin grin grin grin I think say na only me see that pot. Ogbanje pot grin grin grin

My guy is being more than 7 months i ate ogbono last. But when i saw that pot i just felt i didn't miss anything. Sorry o das just me. Am really sensitive to things
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Chommieblaq(f): 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2017
shortgun:
Ur kitchen is dirty.

I will score u 4/10.

When I saw the curry I was like shocked shocked shocked
Buh remembers it's his first time
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
shortgun:
Ur kitchen is dirty.

I will score u 4/10.

lmao...where did i say i added curry?

i said cook your meat with your season of choice,, curry,go back to page 1. i only cooked the meat with onions, n salt.

lol 4/10...lmao....thanks sha, my pals confirmed the taste grin

1 Like

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by yoged(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
9 Add the knor cubes and add the Grinded crayfish and stir the mixture.

10 After that, Cover the pot, and allow the whole thing to simmer for about a minute.

11 Add the rinsed ugwu leaves, and your meat. Stir again
bro nice one. As a guy, I really love cooking.. But please why does your pot looks like ark of Noah Or like the one been used during king pharaoh's day? Buy a new pot bro
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
correctguy0900:

My guy is being more than 7 months i ate ogbono last. But when i saw that pot i just felt i didn't miss anything. Sorry o das just me. Am really sensitive to things

hahaha free my pot oh....

Hungry never catch u.....u no hear say HungerBad?

2 Likes

Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
yoged:
bro nice one. As a guy, I really love cooking.. But please why does your pot looks like ark of Moses Or like the one been used during king pharaoh's day? Buy a new pot bro

lmao....free that pot....nothing is wrong with it...

na the contents matter......

leave pot for.matthais n chop ogbono grin
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Uziza n add okpei when grounding d crayfish
thanks, noted...I will try that next time.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Trexnemesis(m): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
samogo1:
Please I want cook jelof Rice. Should I use rice or I should use garri?

Smart guy. You are on the way nah. Just add yam powder to the garri plus salt on fire Heat mixtyre till it turns to Jenlof rice. Then add palm oil.
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
emsco:
I will try cook this soup one of this days,have had it several times with Eba but i don't know how to make it

Gbasky...

You really should oh
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by Probz(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
Chommieblaq:

When I saw the curry I was like shocked shocked shocked
Buh remembers it's his first time

Asin eh.

OP na ofe ogbolo or fried rice this one you say put curry?
Re: Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. by AsapTeddy(m): 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
BlackSeptember:
Bros that your pot dey like wetin dem take dey do sacrifice

haha....thanks baba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hilda Baci's Instagram Account Has Been Verified / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures / Fondant Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.