Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1983422 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by wholesomegrace: 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
rainazoe:
My sister in 'pleading with hubby' and 10 years banking. Wish i could take sometime off work and do something flexible but I am.so used to a regimented life. Working at a creche will be fun because I love babies too.

Anyone with any business ideas please chip in.

I'm bored of the so called regimented life my sister. I hope it all ends well.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by wholesomegrace: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
fantababy:
@wholesomegrace @titiclassy

please can we hook up offline and rob minds on survival strategy. My hubby is also leaving after 1 month. I have 3 kids (7,5,3). Ontario is my first choice because of the full day kindergarten for 4 & 5 year olds.

Please email me akaglue@yahoo.com

Sure ma
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by omambala: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
Canadianfly:

Vcole and Salford1 have answered this question before. Check their posts.

thanks, will check them out.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by wholesomegrace: 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
Kmgb:

I'm in this gang as well and the truth is I don't see him changing his mind. God help me

I hear a lot of people say they usually change their minds later. Lets hope for the best and above all, planning is key o, may we not be frustrated.

Its gonna be tough at first, but we are stronger than we think. There's no going back for me and that is why I'm looking for something I could do to cushion cost of living while my babies are well taken care of at the same time.

Also looking into all these sit at home jobs. I think they are called customer service. Never done that before. Whew!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by wholesomegrace: 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
pepe1:

Before you establish a creche, please take a look at this https://www.nairaland.com/4402154/start-up-business-canadian-immigrants#65965900

Yeah, you are correct, creche business is actually a sensitive one, that I know very well but i'm not deterred. Will research the pros and cons, if it's not practicable, dump the idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2018
fantababy:
@wholesomegrace @titiclassy
please can we hook up offline and rob minds on survival strategy. My hubby is also leaving after 1 month. I have 3 kids (7,5,3). Ontario is my first choice because of the full day kindergarten for 4 & 5 year olds.
Please email me akaglue@yahoo.com
hmmmm. To the best of my knowledge, full day schools end at 3:30pm and they often go to school on alternate fridays as well. I am not sure if 4 yr olds do full day pre k in Ontario but you can confirm.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
My dear. God will help indeed. What is in this our naija banking sef that is so stifling?

Please can anyone with CA banking experience or knowledge tell us how it is over there.

Kmgb:

I'm in this gang as well and the truth is I don't see him changing his mind. God help me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
Forward ever. Aluta Continua!!!

wholesomegrace:

I'm bored of the so called regimented life my sister. I hope it all ends well.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Demiyike: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
vcole:
hmmmm. To the best of my knowledge, full day schools end at 3:30pm and they often go to school on alternate fridays as well. I am not sure if 4 yr olds do full day pre k in Ontario but you can confirm.

Full day kindergarten starts from age 4 in Ontario

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by teacherbim(f): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
I want to travel to Canada with my family but do not know how to start the process
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by balogunsam(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
teacherbim:
I want to travel to Canada with my family but do not know how to start the process

This is where to start.

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by balogunsam(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
platinumventure:
We can ship these naija foodstuff to you on a monthly basis directly from Mile 12 market lagos wholesaleprices while you pay us our service charge and courier weight charges

Garri
Elubo
Yam
LOTS of Seasoning- knorr, maggi star or Iru
Frozen Ogi (if you or baby like it)
Cray fish, stock fish, smoked cat fish
Ogbono
Egusi
Pepper soup spice
Golden morn ( if the kids eat it)

Contact at platinumventures7@gmail.com

Thanks as you help to push our ministry forward in serving you better

Chinymi

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by platinumventure: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
balogunsam:

Chinymi

Oga balogun plz push my ministry instead...tanx
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by superdoll: 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Sure ma

Ds s so my gang. Am in pls. Hope I can pm u.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by njbybrthnly: 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
Who else noticed the similarities btwn these two posts?

Temidewale:

Suggestions on things to bring
Things-
robb/ aboniki
Omorogun
Paddle/ igbako

Ori
Thread& needle
Food:
Garri
Elubo
Yam
Breans- picked& dried (you can put in oven for few minutes to kill all the pest)
LOTS of Seasoning- knorr, maggi star or any you like. Better crushed, because de harden up in the cold
Poundo yam
Palm oil
Ogbono
Egusi
Pepper soup spice
Iru
Beans powder
You'll get noddles & Semo here.

I got the list above before moving here , you can add
Broom
Pack of blades
Wig for hair
Wig cap
Slippers
Under wears
And the little things you will buy easily in naija for small change, even, nail paint/cotton wool/ medicine like paracetamol, cough syrup etc/ Eba nylon etc
platinumventure:
We can ship these naija foodstuff to you on a monthly basis directly from Mile 12 market lagos wholesaleprices while you pay us our service charge and courier weight charges

Garri
Elubo
Yam
LOTS of Seasoning- knorr, maggi star or Iru
Ogbono
Egusi
Pepper soup spice

Contact at platinumventures7@gmail.com

Thanks as you help to push our ministry forward in serving you better

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 12:24am On Mar 21, 2018
titiclassy:
Please how can a mother of a 3.5yrs and 1 yr children cope in Canny as a PR with the husband going back to Nigeria after 3 months of settlng. Is it really feasible?

Wife will be working. Can entry jobs off set creche or nanny fee?

3.5 and 1 yr will be between 2k and 3k per month for daycare in Ontario. You need something that will pay you above that including 1500 dollars for rent and utilities. By 4yrs, he should be able to join junior kindergarten in Sept.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by titiclassy: 3:32am On Mar 21, 2018
salford1:

It would be a bit tough but doable.
You have to find a job that fits into your schedule of picking up your kids from the daycare. Most entry or transition job have funny hours.

Dayhomes are flexible with time. You might want to find out if dayhomes supports subsidized

Many thanks @salford1 and @Beea. You have indeed shone the light on my concerns.

This info will help plan well
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by titiclassy: 3:37am On Mar 21, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Thanks for this info.

@ titiclassy, have you ever considered working in a creche? I love taking care of babies and I do this presently and voluntarily, once a week though. That takes care of this hassle "entry or transition job have funny hours", takes care of extra transport cost, and the stress involved in juggling a career with child pick up/drop off. Creche owner might further reduce the cost of care for your children as a staff (don't know if that works in Canny though, just

We must succeed!!!

This is a brilliant approach..I am considering
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by daremum(m): 5:09am On Mar 21, 2018
First Calgary Financial Service Orientation for Bankers
Come with your resume
5th Floor 910 7th Avenue SW, Calgary
9am - 1st Session
1pm - 2nd session

Thank you

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nozzle(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2018
XX01:

3.5 and 1 yr will be between[b] 2k and 3k per month[/b] for daycare in Ontario. You need something that will pay you above that including 1500 dollars for rent and utilities. By 4yrs, he should be able to join junior kindergarten in Sept.

Wow...isnt daycare subsidized in ontario like in calgary?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by wholesomegrace: 8:26am On Mar 21, 2018
rainazoe:
Forward ever. Aluta Continua!!!

Yes ooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by QSola: 9:43am On Mar 21, 2018
njbybrthnly:
Who else noticed the similarities btwn these two posts?

Maybe its owned by same person
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 21, 2018
XX01:

........... will be between 2k and 3k per month for daycare in Ontario.........

Between 2k and 3k per month? shocked It is well ooo.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mamacajah: 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Between 2k and 3k per month? shocked It is well ooo.
the younger the child, the more the cost...e.g babies tend to cost avg $1,200 and toddlers $850 in ontario monthly while if you are fortunate, you can get a home day care for $750 monthly...
the cheapest locations for childcare in canada are Manitoba and Quebec..about $500/$200 per month respectively... wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nozzle:

Wow...isnt daycare subsidized in ontario like in calgary?

It is. That's for 2 kids. Between being subsidized and not being subsidized.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
mamacajah:

the younger the child, the more the cost...e.g babies tend to cost avg $1,200 and toddlers $850 in ontario monthly while if you are fortunate, you can get a home day care for $750 monthly......

It is well. Thanks sis. kiss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Litealpha: 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Please correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Ottawa part of Ontario?
mamacajah:

the younger the child, the more the cost...e.g babies tend to cost avg $1,200 and toddlers $850 in ontario monthly while if you are fortunate, you can get a home day care for $750 monthly...
the cheapest locations for childcare in canada are Manitoba, Ottawa and Quebec..about $500 per month... wink
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by foreverkind1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Please guys ,how lucrative is finance in canada ,pls ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
Demiyike:

Full day kindergarten starts from age 4 in Ontario
9am -3:30pm right?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
vcole:
9am -3:30pm right?

8:30am To 3pm.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by titiclassy: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
XX01:

To 3pm.

Where will d child now stay before I get back from work? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.