Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1983596 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
titiclassy:

Where will d child now stay before I get back from work? angry

You pay for extended hours daycare that will take care of them till 6pm. You can also do extended hours in the morning.

School starts 8:30am and you can only drop off by 8:15am. So if you want to drop off by 7am, you get a sort of daycare nearby or the school itself that you pay for. Same for closing until the child is 12 years. That's when you can start leaving them at home by themselves. If you pick them after 6:15pm, you pay late fees which is billed per minute.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mamacajah: 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Litealpha:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Ottawa part of Ontario?

yes it is, my bad.. i meant Gatineau, which is still Quebec.. i will modify my previous post.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mamacajah: 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
GlitteringStar:

It is well. Thanks sis. kiss

You are welcome grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by hayor2014(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
Canny Tax Rates

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by hayor2014(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
For affordable air Fares that you can book yourself

www.opodo.com

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by hayor2014(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
For affordable air fares

www.opodo.com
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by balogunsam(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
hayor2014:
Canny Tax Rates

Wow
..what is Quebec charging such rates for
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ray78: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
Wow nice.I have been here 7 weeks,Turned down a marketing job and warehouse job as it was too menial.I am also seriously trying to get a banking job.Have you gotten the job yet?
Ogundre:
Hello People,

Greetings from Toronto. I got in here 11 days ago, everything has been fine so far and hoping to get a job soon as i have done a telephone interview with a bank and I was told the second stage of telephone interview will hold next week.

I actually got a job 4 days after I landed as I had two stage interviews for a marketing job but I turned it down as it wasn't what I wanted, it was about marketing credit cards to people at stores and salary was based on commission meaning i only get paid based on the number of sales i make per day.

Anyway, I have a question to ask please. For a British citizen, does the person need to go through same process as we all went through writing IELTS, ECA etc for Express Entry or Provincial nomination to migrate to Canada or there is a special process for them being that they colonized Canada. Please anyone with similar experience should helpwith responses.

And please apart from SIN, BANK ACCOUNT, DRIVERS LICENCE, HEALTH CARD, is there any other thing one needs to register for?

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
hayor2014:
Canny Tax Rates

Nice one. So do you add the federal rate to the provincial rate to estimate your tax?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kazchick(f): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Sure ma

please add me as I don't even have the help of a hubby and my LO is less than a yr old.my email is audrey2474life@yahoo.com
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by nadina: 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
Okay, where and how do i start celebrating and thanking God for His faithfulness and favor. I remember prior to my arrival in Calgary, i was discouraged from pursing a career in HR, as not being a lucrative career with little or no job opportunities in Canada. I was determined to follow my passion and dreams of becoming a world renowned Human Resources Consultant and i wasn't backing out.

On arrival in Calgary, i took advantage of one of the Government bridging programs , Corporate Readiness Training Program, a very good and informative one. I learnt how to write my resume the Canadian style, soft skills, interview preparation, and LinkedIn profile update. Then again, i was discouraged by the program instructor not to venture into HR profession yet as my little over 3months experience in HR will not be impressive to any employer. I contacted various recruitment agencies, and to God be be the glory, i landed my first contract job before the end of the program in a Multinational Investment Bank in Downtown Calgary. I continued my job search while working there. Lo and behold, one very good afternoon, i got a LinkedIn invite from the Director of Human Resources in one of the Oil and Gas servicing company in downtown, i accepted his request and he sends me a message, saying, "Hello, i am in need of HR Administrative Assistant in my company, would you mind sending me your resume for review". I quickly sent him my resume. Few minutes later, i received a call from the HR Manager scheduling an interview. I attended the interview two days later and she requested for two work references and promised to get back to me.

Before then, i heard God tell me, "the job is yours already, He single-handedly picked it for me. I am happy to announce to the whole house, indeed God keeps to His Word, i have received my employment letter and due to start work on Monday. For those till doubting that there is not just a God, but a Faithful one at that, who doesn't follow protocols in bringing to pass His Word, please you may have to reconsider your thoughts.

I am really ecstatic right now and want to encourage us all believers, do all you can, network all you can, prepare the best resume, enroll in the best courses, but do not rely on your efforts, put your trust in God and He will never let His children down.

148 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yokus(f): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
WOW! See Favour
Congratulations

nadina:
Okay, where and how do i start celebrating and thanking God for His faithfulness and favor. I remember prior to my arrival in Calgary, i was discouraged from pursing a career in HR, as not being a lucrative career with little or no job opportunities in Canada. I was determined to follow my passion and dreams of becoming a world renowned Human Resources Consultant and i wasn't backing out.

On arrival in Calgary, i took advantage of one of the Government bridging programs , Corporate Readiness Training Program, a very good and informative one. I learnt how to write my resume the Canadian style, soft skills, interview preparation, and LinkedIn profile update. Then again, i was discouraged by the program instructor not to venture into HR profession yet as my little over 3months experience in HR will not be impressive to any employer. I contacted various recruitment agencies, and to God be be the glory, i landed my first contract job before the end of the program in a Multinational Investment Bank in Downtown Calgary. I continued my job search while working there. Lo and behold, one very good afternoon, i got a LinkedIn invite from the Director of Human Resources in one of the Oil and Gas servicing company in downtown, i accepted his request and he sends me a message, saying, "Hello, i am in need of HR Administrative Assistant in my company, would you mind sending me your resume for review". I quickly sent him my resume. Few minutes later, i received a call from the HR Manager scheduling an interview. I attended the interview two days later and she requested for two work references and promised to get back to me.

Before then, i heard God tell me, "the job is yours already, He single-handedly picked it for me. I am happy to announce to the whole house, indeed God keeps to His Word, i have received my employment letter and due to start work on Monday. For those till doubting that there is not just a God, but a Faithful one at that, who doesn't follow protocols in bringing to pass His Word, please you may have to reconsider your thoughts.

I am really ecstatic right now and want to encourage us all believers, do all you can, network all you can, prepare the best resume, enroll in the best courses, but do not rely on your efforts, put your trust in God and He will never let His children down.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Demiyike: 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
vcole:
9am -3:30pm right?

Depends on the school . Most schools have different times
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by nadina: 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thank you plenty. Lol...

quote author=yokus post=66038024]WOW! See Favour
Congratulations

[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by caseynewnn: 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
nadina:

congrats.u r blessed
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Teatop1234: 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Congratulations. I tap into this anointing.

nadina:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by platinumventure: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
njbybrthnly:
Who else noticed the similarities btwn these two posts?

You r right bro... I copied it out from day post instead of typing all d stuff manually so hope I Neva break any rules.... We r at your service too boss....peace

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by platinumventure: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
platinumventure:

You r right bro... I copied it out from dat post instead of typing all d stuff manually so hope I Neva break any rules.... We r at your service too boss....peace
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Nice one. So do you add the federal rate to the provincial rate to estimate your tax?
Yes. Federal would be added to the Provincial for the total income tax.

hayor2014:
Canny Tax Rates
In addition to the tax, CPP and EI would still be deducted too. wink
Union dues would also be deducted if the job is unionized.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by omambala: 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
nadina:

Congratulations. God has blessed your hussle
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
nadina:

Congrats.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by JESUSisable: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
Congrats Nadina. God just used you to speak to me

Before then, i heard God tell me, "the job is yours

[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by QSola: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
nadina:

Congrats
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by victor83(m): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
A very big congratulations to you
nadina:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ogundre: 12:53am On Mar 22, 2018
Thank you. Came just in time for spring
Feygbe:

Welcome to Canada!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kemmytino(f): 2:31am On Mar 22, 2018
Ennyo:
Good morning everyone, pls i have a similar question as regards this passport validty,and frm wat i read above or better still understand one does not need to send any message to cic if u renew ur passport as long as ur visa is still valid.

Here is my story.

Hubby's passport expires sept 2...b4 visa was issued,LVO sent us a message saying if we wanted visa on d same passport considering that ot was expiring in sept...n as at the time dey asked we were in January.so the passport still had 9months validty.Der was no way immigration wld hv issued anothet passport as at then.
Now we hv visa n we r leaving may. Passport will be 3 months to expiry and we hear immigration will not allow him go.unless passport has a validty of 6monthhs

i think its at the discretion of the airline, i traveled with less than 1 month validity and i had no issues at all. I never even for once felt there would be issue anyway.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kemmytino(f): 3:02am On Mar 22, 2018
Feygbe:

PR card doesn't have to be linked immediately you land. I know some who did not link and got their cards. I linked mine 7 weeks after landing and got my PR card one week after; exactly 8 weeks after landing.

Please how do i link my PR card, i tried using the option of "link an existing application" but after putting all the right info. I got the error msg, that the request cannot be found
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nogen: 3:03am On Mar 22, 2018
Congrats Nadina

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TBDL: 4:13am On Mar 22, 2018
Congrats!

nadina:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 22, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Thanks for this info.

@ titiclassy, have you ever considered working in a creche? I love taking care of babies and I do this presently and voluntarily, once a week though. That takes care of this hassle "entry or transition job have funny hours", takes care of extra transport cost, and the stress involved in juggling a career with child pick up/drop off. Creche owner might further reduce the cost of care for your children as a staff (don't know if that works in Canny though, just thinking).

Lets just say we might be in the same shoes. I've got close to 10 years experience in banking and i'm ready to shift qualifications to one side to pursue a change of career that will fit around my children's schedule (both are younger than yours), at least until hubby decides to reside fully. We are still pleading grin grin grin.

I've wanted to seek more knowledge from the house on processes involved in establishing a creche in Canada too, but time never reach. I never even start research sef. Just in case you are interested or if anyone knows what it entails, lets begin to share notes.

We must succeed!!!
Manitoba has a program and grant for opening a licensed daycare. They sponsor your early childhood education course too. I don’t know about other provinces.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 22, 2018
Congrats Nadina.

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.