Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA (2202 Views)

Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos / Inaccurate Billing Responsible For Irregular Power Supply In Nigeria – Osinbajo / Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission (2) (3) (4)

Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by three: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
The Minister of Power, Housing and Works, Babatunde Fashola said he will continue to intervene in the irregular power supply issues Nigerians are complaining about but it is not his job to oversee power supply.

He said this while inaugurating the Commissioners of Nigerian Electrical Regulatory Commission, (NERC), in Abuja on Tuesday.

The Minister said NERC is responsible for regulating power supply and his ministry is only responsible in ensuring that the key players in the power sector are doing their job.

He also appealed to the people vandalising gas pipelines to stop because it keeps the Country from benefiting 3,000 Mega Watts which will
go a long way in solving electricity problem in addition to the 3,500 Mega Watts on ground.

Fashola said if gas pipelines vandalisation is stopped, Nigeria will be able to generate 6,500 Mega Watts per day and this will help counter the
epileptic electrical supply the Country has been experiencing.

The former governor said everybody is suffering but vandalising gas pipelines will only intensify the suffering of Nigerians because Nigerians are the one suffering the consequences and not the Government.

Fashola also said now that NERC has been constituted, those who are interested in generating all forms of power supply should forward their
proposal to the Commission and copy his Ministry so that they can intervene when there are issues.

The Commissioners of NERC inaugurated by the Minister are: Sanusi Garba which will act as the Chairman of the Commission while other members include; Musiliu Olalekan Oseni , Dafe C. Akpeneye, Okafor Frank Nwoye, Nathan Rogers Shatti and Moses Arigu .

http://tv.guardian.ng/news/national-news/irregular-power-supply-not-my-fault-fashola/?F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TnaP49Zeo
Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by vatiqan(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Therefore, we make bold to submit that fixing Nigeria's power sector is 'ROCKET SCIENCE'! #IStandWithNigeria!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by BBtouch: 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
But it was GEJ's fault

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by MONITZ: 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
Fashola is a clown, was he not the one that blabbed that fixing the perennial power problem in Nigeria wasn't rocket science.. I guess he now knows better that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown and talking the talk is much easier than walking the walk....All the campaigns of calumny against Oga Jona who though had his weakness and faults were borne out of hatred than altruistic reasons as we can now see because to them he was a nobody within the political circles in Nigeria and he was reaping Wat he didn't sweat for, If not a lot of things should ve changed the way they promised us, bt wat do we ve? (...)A situation where things ve gotten out of hands completely and with every of their electoral promises disowned..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
Then it 's my fault

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by three: 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
Same vandalism excuse PDP used so where's the 'Change'?

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by ahaika23: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2017
Our honorable minister of darkness has spoken!

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by originalking1(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
It's my fault. I pay outragious nepa bills nothing except darkness.

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/11/03/power-supply-jonathan-has-failed-nigeria-fashola/

Power Supply: Jonathan Has Failed Nigeria —Fashola

Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola says the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government has no excuse for failing to provide electricity for Nigerians, calling for votes against the government.

The governor spoke while commissioning the 8.8MW Independent Power Project, IPP, recently, saying it was despicable that the Jonathan government had failed to deliver on its promise to provide the nation with electricity, which he said was not difficult to achieve.

“There is a danger that very soon, we will miss the lesson we have learnt over the years. This is because if a government makes a public commitment, the government must fulfil that promise. Electricity was not discovered yesterday, it is over 100 years old and no excuses will be acceptable from the federal government for not providing electricity.

“We are the only nation that has oil and gas and no electricity to its citizens. Angola and Gabon don’t have the kind of oil we have. There are many countries that do not produce oil and they enjoy electricity. Very soon we will make a choice on the next set of leaders and this will be done through the ballot papers,” he said.

“Their best is not good enough, only the best is good for this country and the All Progressives Congress is the key.

Karma is indeed an incorruptible Judge

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by NeedGiftcards(m): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
, we know. We just need someone to lash on. Fg is no longer in charge of power generation..they have been sold to incapable private companies by the IB and his cronies...

Meanwhile, if you want to sell Amazon and ITunes gift cards, check my signature
Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
a serious govt will fix power problem in 6month #minister of darkness

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by loopmangoat(m): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
Let's always remember fashole in our prayers
The man has lost it

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by EternalTruths: 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
After insulting Jonathan
This Afonja needs to be flogged

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Candyrain(m): 6:45pm On Feb 08, 2017
Irregular power supply not my fault so says the rocket science super minister.

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by ivandragon: 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
if this regime strongly feels that the privatisation of some sections of the power sector was faulty, it should be bold enough to terminate it & do what it feels is best.

all this blame shifting will not get us anywhere.

almost 2 years in power & APC still doesn't know its left from its right.

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
loopmangoat:
Let's always remember fashole in our prayers
The man has lost it

I feel so appauld to imagine that this was the same man some people thought had the best brain to take Nigeria to Jupiter.

Just Imagine the type of characters considered as one of Nigerias best!
cry cry cry

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by kingsamosy(m): 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
it is not fashola's fault it is mine. nonsense!

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by loopmangoat(m): 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
byrron:

I feel so appauld to imagine that this was the same man some people thought had the best brain to take Nigeria to Jupiter.

Just Imagine the type of characters considered as one of Nigerian best!
cry cry cry
I have known right from time that the man was a media hype

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Emekamex(m): 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
The power ministry should be scrapped since it is clear ministers bear no relevance (as stated by Fashola).

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
This is what happens when you merge three ministries into one under one person.

Whilst some nations are generating terawatts, we still dey manage megawatts wey no dey sure for at least 15 hours a day

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Then it 's my fault

"Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola says the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government has no excuse for failing to provide electricity for Nigerians"

This same parroting ex-governor that made the statement above is now in charge of the same ministry under Buhari led Federal Government with lots of excuses for generating the type of darkness that is even darker than where the devil himself resides.

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by luvinhubby(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
God please punish the EeeDdioots that foisted these confused clowns on us.

E no go better for APC, promised us change and turned it to affliction.

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by ufuosman(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
No be ur fault, bt wen u neva be minister, u get mouth they insult person. Mr man step down

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by nku5: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
a serious govt will fix power problem in 6month #minister of darkness

Minister of darkness and ineffectual lameduck ex governor. Couldnt provide pipe borne water despite 8 yrs as governor of Lagos. His biggest achievements then were using police to chase area boys from oshodi and building a toll bridge from Lekki to Ikoyi grin

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Brown14: 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2017

Imagine minister of power is saying irregular power supply not his fault...

Its just like buhari saying Nigeria's recession not his fault.
So na my fault abi?

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
nku5:

Minister of darkness and ineffectual lameduck ex governor. Couldnt provide pipe borne water despite 8 yrs as governor of Lagos. His biggest achievements then were using police to chase area boys from oshodi and building a toll bridge from Lekki to Ikoyi grin
lmao

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Jesusloveyou: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
vatiqan:
Therefore, we make bold to submit that fixing Nigeria's power sector is 'ROCKET SCIENCE'! #IStandWithNigeria!
that is the problem of nigerians.
While not stand with the avengers or your ineffectual buffoon that sold the power sector to his ineffectual cronies and his wife

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by rejoice4eva(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
And this is one of the angels that took this administration almost a year to appoint, even when the economy was being grounded. And African leaders will never resign over failure,instead they keep blaming others

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Jesusloveyou: 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
three:
Same vandalism excuse PDP used so where's the 'Change'?
after selling power sector to his ineffectual cronies and his wife, and you are here, expecting change
Or are you not the one that wanted and supported continuity?

Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Cletus77(m): 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
BBtouch:
But it was GEJ's fault
How? Or are you ok?
Re: Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA by Cletus77(m): 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
when last did I hear of a pipeline vandalism? The boys sef are too tired and hungry to blow up pipes

Official Prayer Thread For President Osinbanjo (YellowBacks only) / Shocking! See What North Korea Tweeted About Buhari’s Health (photos) / Does The Senate President Of Nigeria Deserve Immunity?