Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,822 members, 7,841,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo (16288 Views)

Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure / NJC Sacks Justice Adeniyi Ademola, Shuns His Resignation Letter / BREAKING: NJC Recalls Justices Okoro, Ademola, 4 Other Suspended Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by passyhansome(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by agabusta: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
NLSniper:
They should just confirm this Man! First time it's falling on a southerner after 30 years. undecided

Funny enough, the last time also coincide with when Buhari was the head of state.
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by Legaycey: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
abeg if my real name be Justice will they call me Justice Justice
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by kunlexy1759(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
It is constitutionally ok.
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by NLSniper(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
agabusta:

Funny enough, the last time also coincide with when Buhari was the head of state.
For real? Let me dig into my archives...
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by calculator123(m): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
OK...just passing
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by chrisxxx(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
sarrki:

T for what ?
Trash.
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
kahal29:
Going by seniority rule and age of retirement, Justice Tanko Muhammed will take over from Justice Walter Onnoghen in 2020 and hand over to justice Kekere Ekun from Lagos State in 2023 and justice Kudirat Kekere Ekun will serve till 2028.

You can do the calculations using the link below

http://supremecourt.gov.ng/profile/justices

You are wrong bro, Hon. Justice Olukayode Ariwoola will take over in 2023 and retire in 2024...
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by freeze001(f): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by visiontech24: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
emmasege:
This is where we 'll know if Osinbajo is just another Shonekan or not. He has the full presidential power pending the time his incapacitated boss is bundled back to Nigeria. All eyes are on him and posterity will judge him right should he fail to do the right thing.

Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by kahal29: 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

You are wrong bro, Hon. Justice Olukayode Ariwoola will take over in 2023 and retire in 2024...

Thanks for the observation. I didn't see his date of birth so I assumed it away. Just got his full biography. He was born on the 22 of August 1954 while Justice Tanko Muhammed who will take over from Justice Walter Onnoghen was born on 31st Dec 1953 and will retire as CJN on the 31st of Dec 2023. This means that Justice Ariwoola will serve as CJN from 1st of Jan 2024 to August 22, 2024. After him, it will now be the turn of Justice Kudirat Kekere Ekun.

Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by olushevy05: 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
Do you think those senators are serious?
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:02am On Feb 09, 2017
kahal29:

Thanks for the observation. I didn't see his date of birth so I assumed it away. Just got his full biography. He was born on the 22 of August 1954 while Justice Tanko Muhammed who will take over from Justice Walter Onnoghen was born on 31st Dec 1953 and will retire as CJN on the 31st of Dec 2023. This means that Justice Ariwoola will serve as CJN from 1st of Jan 2024 to August 22, 2024. After him, it will now be the turn of Justice Kudirat Kekere Ekun.

Exactly and i pray for them all to live long to attain they deserve, According to our constitution that's how it will be and it's only death that can change that settings..

So i pray for them to live long..
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by tomakint: 1:12am On Feb 09, 2017
If Onnoghen is not confirmed as the CJN then Osinbajo may be heading for a big trouble from the Mallams in power who will frustrate him should the other Mallam is declared CJN. They (those funky msllams) want to frustrate Onnoghen out by all means angry
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 09, 2017
Why all the razzmatazz about appointing Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnonghen as CJN?

Where has he gone wrong?

We are watching . . .
Re: Breaking: NJC Extends Onnoghen’s Acting Tenure, Writes Osibanjo by Danyl(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2017
Laws are made to be broken, we shall see where this ends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’s Snail Pace - PUNCH / Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle / Orji Uzor Kalu Arrives Katsina Ahead Of His Official Turbaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.