Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,439 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React (40792 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Mintayo(m): 6:23am On Feb 09, 2017
Mine Is 50naira every week, I am thinking of resurrecting my GTBank account now.
The FG should review this stamp duty ish.if I am correct, it's in the 70s this stamp duty thing was put into law, then 1000 naira was not some small money, but now, imagine 50 charge for every deposit above 1000. embarassed
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by felixcoccus: 6:27am On Feb 09, 2017
Diamond bank has annoyed me enough ,how can i woke up from sleep my first SMS i will get is debit alert frm Diamond bank?i de vex

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Aminat508(f): 6:33am On Feb 09, 2017
500 naira again this morning shocked shocked Diamond Bank oriyin ti buru Whalahi
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Aminat508(f): 6:34am On Feb 09, 2017
felixcoccus:
Diamond bank has annoyed me enough ,how can i woke up from sleep my first SMS i will get is debit alert frm Diamond bank?i de vex
Same here cry
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by olaeffect(m): 6:36am On Feb 09, 2017
Jammiiee:
Seriously this bank is the most bleeped up ever. Cbn just extended stamp duty collection to savings account holders this January, 2017 . Can u believe that diamond bank keeps deducting my money all in the name of stamp duty. Since January 2016. I get random messages of deduction, dating back to 2016, they randomly pick a month in 2016 and charge me for Stamp duty. Even as I speak ryt now, deductions of October 2016 in the name of stamp duty has jst bn sent to me. Very incompetent bank. Mofos angry

Thanks for this point. I noticed the seduction too, I called the customer service and a lady attended to me. she explained that stamp duty was to be deducted on all deposit into all accounts; I told her that was not true that I read the CBN memo to Banks when it was introduced it is to be charged only on Current account deposit by 3rd party.
But as you know; Google is your friend, I googled it and alas, saw online that CBN has extended stamp duty to all accounts including savings account (without informing Nigerians). But my concern is apart from Diamond bank no bank has charge me for stamp duty on my savings account, talk more of taking charge from 2016.
I am off to CBN portal to lay complaint and I hope you guys will join me there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Raintaker(m): 6:43am On Feb 09, 2017
50 naira was deducted from my Account yesterday, another 100 naira deducted this morning. All on mumu stamp duty charges. To transfer my remaining change to my other Account, their mobile app no gree work.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by agarawu23(m): 6:45am On Feb 09, 2017
We wey dey *diamondExtra* package dey flex grin dem never comot shishi for stamp duty bla bla bla
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by prince4pro(m): 6:47am On Feb 09, 2017
The charges by diamond bank is so outrageous, I thought I was the only one leaving the useless bank. I joined them last year, nd since then it has been one palaver or another. Me I don already port go stanbic, just waiting to be through with d account opening Requirements
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by lagosrd: 6:49am On Feb 09, 2017
willian10:

U mistakingly paid That's ur fault sir
How do u expect them to withdraw the money from the beneficiary's account? embarassed
This is bank, not PayPal wey chargeback dey wink

Oga this is not the first time this will happen , all they need to do is to contact the person and tell him to refund. Even banks make mistakes. However that is a not a moral justification to spend a money that doesn't belong to you. This is not a yahoo yahoo money. It means he bank is either a collaborator or highly inefficient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by truvine(m): 6:54am On Feb 09, 2017
This is just crazy. 1st of Feb. I was charged #31,000+ and additional VAT of #1500+
5th of Feb 450 stamp duty
8th of Feb again, another 550 stamp duty.

They can't spoil my career, I will soon port.

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Untainted007: 7:01am On Feb 09, 2017
Thank God this topic is here. I was forced to call their customer service line when I could not bear it anymore, in just one day, N250 was deducted at interval from my account. When I called, the guy I spoke to could not give me any reasonable excuse why I was defrauded that much in the name of stamp duty. Diamond bank is a fraudulent bank, atleast I have account in 3 other commercial bank too where such does not implies to me. The only painful part I have closed the account is because I use it for my salary account (my company pays all her employee into Diamond bank). In the olden days, people prefer savings account because you will have interests on your account but otherwise now with the fraudulent banks and laws by central bank is not even helping matter. I hate Diamond bank to the marrow.

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by horllamy(m): 7:05am On Feb 09, 2017
iamjayboss:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ryPca1yOJLI/WJt0dbkx2OI/AAAAAAAAc_M/f5i0EXWwplgTCaYQcr_r-ICScSk0nrmYgCLcB/s1600/Screenshot_20170208-152404.png[/img]
By Akpene Jacob

Early this morning, I received an SMS that I was debited N50 for Stamp Duty Charge. Personally, I was not bothered because it's just N50.

What caught my attention was after going online, I discovered that other Diamond Bank customers too were charged for this same Stamp Duty, some of them were charged as high as 500 or more, some said they charged them up to three times.

A tweet at @DiamondBankHelp on the matter was unreplied, Nigerians wants answers to this stamp duty charge.

Meanwhile, see Nigerians reactions to it below...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-cEvZWSSgHos/WJt0dXcoKHI/AAAAAAAAc_I/CFrVbnpo6qkB6Tm5u-pBbPAaSvYm_69FwCLcB/s1600/Screenshot_20170208-152418.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-tAw_YGOpKzM/WJt0daCBdvI/AAAAAAAAc_E/_G3sWskCidM1-rkDrHj18PrJu8ipErOFACLcB/s1600/Screenshot_20170208-152432.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-MYt8sxLaRno/WJt0nv4jDXI/AAAAAAAAc_Q/lAJMgiGDrmsezivvlJ9B_AK0cpEESIBvwCLcB/s1600/Screenshot_20170208-152450.png[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-_7f31u6Tb6s/WJt0o_6uKiI/AAAAAAAAc_U/eF4P3t_jdgYH0tM3sQqDyqPUarCdV4q7QCLcB/s1600/Screenshot_20170208-152458.png[/img]

What do you think?

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/02/nigerians-reacts-to-diamond-bank.html

They also charge me twice #50 and 350 I wonder why they are doing this,I mailed them but no reply.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Untainted007: 7:05am On Feb 09, 2017
agarawu23:
We wey dey *diamondExtra* package dey flex grin dem never comot shishi for stamp duty bla bla bla

Don't worry you will soon hear it. I have been on Diamond Savings Extra since last year and they av always been deducting their silly charges everyday. Its either you don't always fund your account. The moment you leave some reasonable amount in your account, you come and share your experience.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by bigtt76(f): 7:09am On Feb 09, 2017
shocked Ha ...I use DiamondXtra and I never get charged like this though I only get deposits once in a month. I hope you're not using this account for business which may be why they charge you for turnover and VAT angry

truvine:
This is just crazy. 1st of Feb. I was charged #31,000+ and additional VAT of #1500+
5th of Feb 450 stamp duty
8th of Feb again, another 550 stamp duty.

They can't spoil my career, I will soon port.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by WaffenSS(m): 7:14am On Feb 09, 2017
It would've helped to appreciate your post if you weren't using such a hideous, illegible font.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by truvine(m): 7:16am On Feb 09, 2017
bigtt76:
shocked Ha ...I use DiamondXtra and I never get charged like this though I only get deposits once in a month. I hope you're not using this account for business which may be why they charge you for turnover and VAT angry

I change from savings to savings-extra just because of that. Its just a savings account for God sake. Can't I save money in piece again !!!
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by jd1986(m): 7:20am On Feb 09, 2017
cry
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by truvine(m): 7:24am On Feb 09, 2017
agarawu23:
sorry bro, I tot as much then too, but it will soon reach your turn.
am on Diamond Extra, and sometimes last month they charge me STAMP DUTY for the month of SEPTEMBER 2016. Yeah, September last year oooo in January this year.
They will soon visit your sins grin grin
enjoy your money while it last grin
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 09, 2017
Mine was #150
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Jammiiee(m): 7:26am On Feb 09, 2017
I will def do, gimme d cbn portal stuff as well
olaeffect:

Thanks for this point. I noticed the seduction too, I called the customer service and a lady attended to me. she explained that stamp duty was to be deducted on all deposit into all accounts; I told her that was not true that I read the CBN memo to Banks when it was introduced it is to be charged only on Current account deposit by 3rd party.
But as you know; Google is your friend, I googled it and alas, saw online that CBN has extended stamp duty to all accounts including savings account (without informing Nigerians). But my concern is apart from Diamond bank no bank has charge me for stamp duty on my savings account, talk more of taking charge from 2016.
I am off to CBN portal to lay complaint and I hope you guys will join me there.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by olexjay(m): 7:26am On Feb 09, 2017
They charge me 100 naira for the stamp charges I'm like Wtf after the atm charges, annual charges what's stamp charge again.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by truvine(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2017
And they will still charge #105 on every transfer to other bank.
That one is instant removal self

How many tax are we gonna pay in this country self?
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by sniperwolf(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2017
And I got another charge this morning. Here is my charges between Sunday and now

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by ubyways(m): 7:35am On Feb 09, 2017
I too expérience thé same, incessant déduction of 150 from my account for stamp duty when i didnt make any transaction. By now mmm would have help some of thèse criminal banks to fold If it was still working.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by xezoid(m): 7:41am On Feb 09, 2017
Hmmmm i also woke up to a debit alert of 250 on my savingsextra and 150 on my hida acct....seems something is really wrong with the bank
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by adeshina86: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2017
Av bin debited for abt 4-5x btwn jan til date....@diamond bank...treat b4 u loose customer
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by sasxy(m): 7:57am On Feb 09, 2017
megareal:
Banks are stealing us blind. Imagine all the kobo kobo they deduct from each account per week. I bet the total will blow your mind.

They are only useful in making money for themselves , not helping you make money.

Will we ever get it right in this country?
True talk.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by geraob1: 8:06am On Feb 09, 2017
vitalsolution50:
ITS HAPPENING AGAIN THIS TIME AROUND IT’S REQUIRE NO UNIQUE SKILL
Before now you have been hearing of how individuals make cool cash online and what your mind will tell you is “it’s only GURUS” but that is not true because they also have 1 head like you,
Actually there are very simple STEP BY STEP guide that will take your hands and lead you to be like those people you call GURUS….
All you need to do is follow instructions follow instructions follow instructions and the whole thing is easy,,,, I will equipped and guide you with my all important ebooks that will lead you to start earning five figures at first.
Now wait and before you get carried away with such mind blowing offer, I know so many people who must have ask themselves almost 3 times saying “did I just hear him say five figures at first earning”?
Yes I say five figures #00,000.
Now just sit back and ask yourself are u ready to make cool cash online if your answer is NO then stop reading this newsletter, but if your answer is YES then no time to waste best because you are already on the desk of PRINCEWILL and TAIWO one of the best entrepreneurs in
the business today and you are 100% welcome to join us here >>>>> http://vitalsolution.com.ng/optin.html.

Mschewwww
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by agarawu23(m): 8:07am On Feb 09, 2017
Untainted007:

Don't worry you will soon hear it. I have been on Diamond Savings Extra since last year and they av always been deducting their silly charges everyday. Its either you don't always fund your account. The moment you leave some reasonable amount in your account, you come and share your experience.
truvine:

sorry bro, I tot as much then too, but it will soon reach your turn.
am on Diamond Extra, and sometimes last month they charge me STAMP DUTY for the month of SEPTEMBER 2016. Yeah, September last year oooo in January this year.
They will soon visit your sins grin grin
enjoy your money while it last grin
well, maybe cos my account is new or so cos I opened it last year December.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by maasoap(m): 8:41am On Feb 09, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Recession knows no Zombie, it fúcks us all terribly. But you what,

I DIDN'T VOTE THIS ANTI-PEOPLE ADMINISTRATION angry angry
One private institution is deducting your savings illegally and you're here blaming the government instead of you to call or mail or enter their hall and request for the return of the excess charges. Many don't even know how to ask for what is taken from them back. Pathetic.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Shallypop(f): 8:41am On Feb 09, 2017
The first text I received this morning was from Diamond bank. A debit of 150 naira for stamp duty. This is getting out of hand. I'm going to the bank this morning to demand for an explanation. This has been going on for a while on my account.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by maasoap(m): 8:48am On Feb 09, 2017
prince088:
Lol. The babe saying she will join Fidelity doesn't know how far. Se Diamond bank is giving u alerts for money Missing. In the past few months with fidelity, ur balance doesn't remain the same, u can never know what u were debited for. Imagine ur balance at 525,810 today, u use POS for maybe 4500, instead if getting a balance of 521,310, u will see Just 521,008. Where the rest went u don't know. Or if u purchase something online, even when u use their ATM.
This is true, very true. I've dumped them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Business Idea That I Can Start With 500k / Ayiri Emami Flaunts His 1965 Bentley In Warri As Youths Gather. PICS / Oyinbo Man Spotted In Nigeria Pricing Banana In Fluent Pidgin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.