Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React (40796 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Fabulousb36(f): 8:57am On Feb 09, 2017
Say No to Scam
N150 from over 50000000 is so much

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by adaksbullet: 9:02am On Feb 09, 2017
summerflame:
my personal person, I have missed you bro
gay lipsrsealed
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Omohgentle(m): 9:02am On Feb 09, 2017
I don't just know the problem with Diamond bank, I have been charged for stamp duties twice this month.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by willian10: 9:10am On Feb 09, 2017
lagosrd:

Oga this is not the first time this will happen , all they need to do is to contact the person and tell him to refund. Even banks make mistakes. However that is a not a moral justification to spend a money that doesn't belong to you. This is not a yahoo yahoo money. It means he bank is either a collaborator or highly inefficient.
Thank God you know they can't withdraw the money without the beneficiary's consent.
So what if he has withdrawn the money? I'm sure u know 50% of Nigerians ll do that, some account are dormant, the chances for a refund is slim.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by bigtt76(f): 9:13am On Feb 09, 2017
Yea but I now learnt CBN directed that all accounts should now be levied the Stamp Duty angry

truvine:

I change from savings to savings-extra just because of that. Its just a savings account for God sake. Can't I save money in piece again !!!
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by unite4real: 9:25am On Feb 09, 2017
we must continue to expose them. these charges are fraudulent. from mid december to date, i have only 6 times money credited to my account but the total charges for stamp duty was N700. this means i was charged 14 times. big time fraud
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by unite4real: 9:29am On Feb 09, 2017
horllamy:

They also charge me twice #50 and 350 I wonder why they are doing this,I mailed them but no reply.

try their online chat and show them how angry you are. i just did and i told them i will be mailing CBN help desk on this issue

https://livechat.diamondbank.com/system/templates/chat/diamond/chat.html?entryPointId=1002&templateName=diamond&languageCode=en&countryCode=US&ver=v11&referer=https%3A%2F%2Fdiamondonline.diamondbank.com%2Fweb%2Fguest
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by unite4real: 9:34am On Feb 09, 2017
the link below is for CBN complain. Please let us fill their box up with these complaints

http://www.cenbank.org/Supervision/cpdcomgt.asp
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by UjSizzle(f): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2017
bigtt76:
Yea but I now learnt CBN directed that all accounts should now be levied the Stamp Duty angry

Not self-transfer transactions and that's all I have in that account. So far I've been charged N200 on illegal stamp duties.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by ChristineC: 9:42am On Feb 09, 2017
eezeribe:

Congrats... You "don't bother reading what the debits are for anyway".
It's no longer... the only way to hide something from a black man is to put it in a book...
In your own case... The only way to hide something from a black man is to put it in writing.
One of the numerous educated illeterates.
But to read useless posts on social media like Facebook and Twitter won't be a problem for you.
whether I read it or not, I already know the directive from the insensitive Nigerian government aloof on the suffering of the masses and the banks are only moving in ordered path. That will not make me travel to Nigeria to take up issues with my bank branch.

*you couldn't even spell "illiterate" but could conjure enough toward insults* Big Ups

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by olaeffect(m): 9:50am On Feb 09, 2017
maasoap:

One private institution is deducting your savings illegally and you're here blaming the government instead of you to call or mail or enter their hall and request for the return of the excess charges. Many don't even know how to ask for what is taken from them back. Pathetic.

Please did you read the complaint/issue/topic before this comment?
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by stokfrick: 9:53am On Feb 09, 2017
Take note, the circular by CBN states that stamp duties will be charged for only all DEPOSITS(not withdrawals) made into savings account starting from JANUARY 2017(AND NOT OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER) as stated by all diamond bank customer care officials. So do not keep quiet. Demand for immediate reversal of all your extorted funds by DIAMOND BANK! SPREAD THIS INFO!! AND STOP ALL THE IMPUNITY BY BANK/ THE GOVT!
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Bonnywest: 9:57am On Feb 09, 2017
It Started with N50 in december & January, ystday they increased to N100, & early this morning N200. I wanted to go & challenge them in bank but they'll claim its CBN policy. I'll just go withdraw all my money in that A/c & leave a zero balance. This is fraud! Nonsense
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Akv24regular(m): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2017
I opened account with them recently in December with 2000naira,i told the guy I don't want ATM card, to my surprise was when I got debit alert that theyve process ATM card for me, which money will I use it to withdraw, is it the 950 balance..... I kukuma dash dem the account, they're not reliable and the same thing people are suffering from them #DiamondThiefBank[b][/b]
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Anikriz: 10:41am On Feb 09, 2017
This extortion is now getting out of hand... I was charged #400 early this morning for their useless stamp duty charge.... #StopStampDutyCharge. cry cry
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by TONINATHO: 11:17am On Feb 09, 2017
Guys can we take this to twitter with #Stampduty and @DiamondBankNG?
Let your voice be heard oooo
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by upuphim(m): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2017
Diamond Bank wake up, 80% of dissatisfied customers that walk away do not return. Stop this embarrassing stamp duty debit on my Savings Extra where I receive my monthly pension. I beg you, if not for anything, because of recession o o o o o.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by ameh99: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2017
why not go to the bank to complain , once Gt bank tried something similar eh' the whole bank that day did't find it funny all..
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by bigtt76(f): 11:33am On Feb 09, 2017
When you said 'Not self-transfer transactions ...does this mean people transferred to you or paid into the account? In any which way, it is regarded as a deposit and liable to the Stamp Duty sad

UjSizzle:

Not self-transfer transactions and that's all I have in that account. So far I've been charged N200 on illegal stamp duties.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Kazrem(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2017
Aminat508:
500 naira again this morning shocked shocked Diamond Bank oriyin ti buru Whalahi
Let us protest. grin
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by preciouschydo: 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
am heading diamond bank to pull out all my money.. they should keep the details for themselves..

smmmH
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by UNFADINGG: 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
350 was deducted from my account.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by Aminat508(f): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Kazrem:

Let us protest. grin
I swear it's annoying cry
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by tolajay: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
I'm an account holder with DiamondBank. Got really pained about this stamp duty deduction the day I had a balance of 100k to be sent to someone and they deducted N250 overnight all the name of stamping an invisible paper. I couldn't hold back, called the customer service unit and after a short exchange, this is what I got 'We're sorry for the inconvenience sir, but, this is in line with CBN's policy that a N50 stamp duty is fixed on every credit deposit above N1k".

I couldn't say much thereafter cos I remembered that stupid Emefailure policy announcement back then.

What Diamond has only done is to be deducting the stamp duty on old credit transactions from last year. Till yesterday, I got an alert of stamp duty for November. Now expecting for December, January and February.

This is how it works; If Mrs A is sending money above 1k to Mr B, Mr B will be charged N50 for receiving that money. It's more like the regular postal stamp but this time around, it's the receiver that pays.

The implication of this is that the hitherto dismal banking culture in Nigeria will not evolve positively, the push for a cashless ecosystem will also get dragged as active and prospective clients will reconsider the option of banking and unnecessary deductions against keeping their cash at home...Think of students who receive only 2k,5k from friends and families at intervals. They'll be charged N50 on each received fund, while the rich man who receives 5m,10m,20m at long intervals also pays N50 on each transaction. This is why Africa will remain poor and underdeveloped. Too much financial burden on the poor, while exempting the rich.

The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer! #EMEFAILURE!

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by UjSizzle(f): 12:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
bigtt76:
When you said 'Not self-transfer transactions ...does this mean people transferred to you or paid into the account? In any which way, it is regarded as a deposit and liable to the Stamp Duty sad

I mean i transferred from of my accounts to another.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by tolajay: 12:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
After thought 1: Not sure of any other bank doing this yet, cos I haven't received alert of stamp duty deduction from any of my other banks.

Have you gotten same alert from your bank aside Diamond?
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by razzydiary(m): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
I made a call to diamond customer centre, and I will advice all affected Nairaladers to log their complaints. It was a mix up, cos mine was salary account and at no reason stamp duty be deducted. They promised to look into my complaint, I think that's good way to go about it.
Dear .........., yourInquiry onAccount Charges has been received. Case number:DB-170209606356 .An update will be provided on 10/02/2017 09:11. For enquiries, please call 0700 3000000 or send an SMS to 30811.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by truvine(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
tolajay:
I'm an account holder with DiamondBank. Got really pained about this stamp duty deduction the day I had a balance of 100k to be sent to someone and they deducted N250 overnight all the name of stamping an invisible paper. I couldn't hold back, called the customer service unit and after a short exchange, this is what I got 'We're sorry for the inconvenience sir, but, this is in line with CBN's policy that a N50 stamp duty is fixed on every credit deposit above N1k".

I couldn't say much thereafter cos I remembered that stupid Emefailure policy announcement back then.

What Diamond has only done is to be deducting the stamp duty on old credit transactions from last year. Till yesterday, I got an alert of stamp duty for November. Now expecting for December, January and February.

This is how it works; If Mrs A is sending money above 1k to Mr B, Mr B will be charged N50 for receiving that money. It's more like the regular postal stamp but this time around, it's the receiver that pays.

The implication of this is that the hitherto dismal banking culture in Nigeria will not evolve positively, the push for a cashless ecosystem will also get dragged as active and prospective clients will reconsider the option of banking and unnecessary deductions against keeping their cash at home...Think of students who receive only 2k,5k from friends and families at intervals. They'll be charged N50 on each received fund, while the rich man who receives 5m,10m,20m at long intervals also pays N50 on each transaction. This is why Africa will remain poor and underdeveloped. Too much financial burden on the poor, while exempting the rich.

The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer! #EMEFAILURE!

your making a very good point there
REGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by truvine(m): 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
While we're still complaining, some people still want to cash in on our complaint by devicing another means of scamming us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by bigtt76(f): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hahahaha ...I just saw it now grin Another ponzi scheme loading grin

truvine:
While we're are still complaining, some people still want to cash in on our complaint by devicing another means of scamming us
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by bigtt76(f): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2017
Ok ...those people charge all o! The BVN was supposed to have solved this but it was poorly implemented angry it should have taken care of one customer to many own account transfers.

UjSizzle:

I mean i transferred from of my accounts to another.
Re: Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React by maasoap(m): 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2017
olaeffect:

Please did you read the complaint/issue/topic before this comment?
Yeah, of course. Diamond Bank might have referred to it as Stamp Duty Charges but that's clearly an erroneous charges. It is nothing new among Nigeria banks, just ask them to show you your transactions history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman / Business Idea That I Can Start With 500k / Ayiri Emami Flaunts His 1965 Bentley In Warri As Youths Gather. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.