Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

5 Common Reasons Why Your Car Overheats - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Common Reasons Why Your Car Overheats (845 Views)

Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? / 5 Common Places Where Spare Car Keys Are Kept / Tips To Note When A Car Overheats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Common Reasons Why Your Car Overheats by Autofreeman: 11:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
Overheating engines can be hazardous. The car overheats when there’s a disruption in the cooling system. This issue can occur at anytime, whether you’re driving along the highway, speeding up or stuck in traffic.

autofreeman.com.ng

You’ll know your car is overheating when you look at the temperature gauge is in the red zone, or when the check engine indicator pops up. A more obvious indication is when you see smoke coming out from under the car’s hood.

To avoid further damage, it’s important for you to specify the problem immediately. Below are some of the most common causes:

1. A Faulty Thermostat
The thermostat is a heat-sensitive part of the car that controls the engine temperature. It is basically the cooling system of your car. If the thermostat gets stuck, it will then cause the engine to overheat.

2. A Faulty or Plugged Radiator
Due to the fins and tubes of the radiator, the coolant’s temperature is reduced — therefore preventing engine heat elevation. So, if there are any interruptions or blockages, the radiator will malfunction and lead to overheating. A plugged radiator can’t cool properly because the system’s liquid circulation is not flowing well. Also, if the radiator’s fan clutch and fan blade are broken, the engine temperature won’t regulate properly.

3. A Defective or Broken Water Pump

The water pump is the core of the cooling system. Its main function is to propel the pressurized coolant through the engine’s cooling system. Any water pump malfunctions caused by eroded impeller vanes, a leak, or a shake in the pump shaft, can disrupt the coolant flow and result to the engine overheating.

4. A Broken or Loose Belt
Belts are linked to the water pump rotation to obtain the right speed for proper coolant flow. If a belt is broken or loose, it can cause the engine to overheat.

5. An Incorrect Coolant Concentration and Low Coolant Level
Using the wrong kind of coolant or mixing an incorrect concentration ratio of coolant and water can cause your engine to overheat. Always make sure that your coolant is at the right level because vehicles tend to overheat when there’s a leak in the coolant system. When it comes to getting the right coolant, it is essential to get advice from your vehicle’s manufacturer or from Meyers Auto Parts’ knowledgeable team.

Overheating can also be prevented by securing the pressure cap and making sure that the liquid in the system is at the right level and is working properly. Lastly, when the car is overheating, never touch or try to open the pressure cap with your bare hands!

source:meyersautoparts.com.
Re: 5 Common Reasons Why Your Car Overheats by nurey(m): 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
hmmmm, dont scratch my car i will come and move it after we jam front page

Re: 5 Common Reasons Why Your Car Overheats by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
nurey:
hmmmm, dont scratch my car i will come and move it after we jam front page
Is the white car yours?

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Reasons Why Your Car Overheats by nurey(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
PaperLace:

Is the white car yours?

it can be if you sign the cheque of 2.5m only wink

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Sell My 03 Camry With 300+ Miles / Car Not Starting (mazda 3 2005) / The All-in 555hp Nikola Electric UTV Rolls To Production (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.