Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? (13193 Views)

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / Why Do People Quit Their Jobs At Dream/big Companies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 7:50am On Feb 09, 2017
Ncsamuel:
pls bro can u teach how to do one of those u mentioned cos am tired of running up and down just to please my bosses who cant be pleased. Pls reply me
I don't have to teach you Sir, like I said I love hard working people go online do your research on the niche you have interest in. if you want me to breed you on my niche video animation then be ready to pay for my service. my number is on my Signature
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by Richy4(m): 7:55am On Feb 09, 2017
Even number 3 doesn't work anywhere in the world....where will the person find a rich friend that will not feel you are a nuisance cheesy
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by Pamelayoung: 7:59am On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
this is 2017 there are lots of ways to make money even after losing your job. eg on fiverr, fiverr even pays and reward hardwork better. don't even wait to lose your job, all you need is a skill you can do digital jobs like video editing, animation,writing, graphics design , etc. for the lazy ones who would say I have no skill you can simply resell this services. am a video animator on fiverr God know how much I make monthly. apart from fiverr there are thousand of ways to make good money, so instead of crying after losing your job, brain storm. I love hardworking people no excuse in 2017 to be poor.

I have heard so much about this fiver of a thing. Is it smth I can learn online?
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 8:10am On Feb 09, 2017
Pamelayoung:

I have heard so much about this fiver of a thing. Is it smth I can learn online?
yea make use of Google, youtube or get someone to put u thru
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 09, 2017
ItuExchange:
How do people survive financially after quitting their job and pursuing the entrepreneur route of a startup?

I've done it twice. Both times I went into massive personal credit card debt (US $50,000 and US $70,000). Both times the company I founded eventually raised investment capital, and things worked out. Here are the few pieces I've learned about surviving as a bootstrapped entrepreneur after quitting my job:

1. If You Aren't 100% Sure, Don't Even Try to Survive Financially. Get Your Job Back.

Being an entrepreneur is painful... and not the romanticized pain that ends in two hours and gets packaged like a Disney Special. It's a dull, lingering, financially disastrous pain that is only worth it if there is absolutely nothing else you can see yourself doing. If it isn't that black and white for you, get your job back. Now.

2. Plan for At Least 2 Years of Financial Suicide. That's a Bare Minimum.

Most entrepreneurs begin their entrepreneurial journeys with rosy forecasts. If they can just do these four things, well heck, they'll be the next Facebook or at least Instagram. That's the fairy tale anyway. The reality is you'll be probably trudging through financial quicksand for years. So plan for it!

3. Find a Cofounder As Wildly Passionate As You Are. Ideally a Rich One.

When you're lost and alone in the desert with no directions for how to find water... it is easy to let the hallucinations and ramen-inducing vitamin deficiencies take hold. But when you have a cofounder, an advocate, a best friend who needs it as much as you do... that person can keep you sane. If the person is rich, he or she can also take you out to dinner every now and then!

4. It Doesn't Matter if You Once Lived Like a King. You Are Now a Pauper.

Before I took the social entrepreneurial plunge, I was making easy money, driving a nice Mercedes, staying at 4-star New York City hotels, and enjoying life. It took me a few months to realize I was a pauper when I started my first business. The result: I used what could have been 3 years of savings in 5 months. Don't be as stupid as me.

5. If You Hit Zero, Credit Cards Can Be Your Best Friend. But BEWARE.

The only thing scarier for an entrepreneur than losing money every month is losing money you don't have every month. But this is part of the financial suicide referenced earlier. When you've hit zero, 0% interest credit cards (readily available in the US for first 12 months if you have good credit) are your best friend.

** Use with caution: If you aren't idiotically sure things will work out, return to step 1. Ask for your job back.

6. (Final Financial Survival Step): Work On Your Mental Game. It's the Most Valuable Asset You Have. It's More Important Than Money.

Entrepreneurship is oftentimes a war of attrition. Those who can take the most pain and stay in the game the longest are oftentimes the victors (if they are smart and adjusting all the time). The key to staying in the game isn't money. It is knowing the truth about yourself and your team: you are immensely capable and resourceful, and you will find a way. After all, there is no other option!

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-do-people-survive-financially-after-quitting-their-job-and-pursuing-the-entrepreneur-route-of-a-startup

Neteller here: www..com.ng

This write up is definitely not for the average Nigerian. can an experienced person shed more light on this topic?
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by waltec(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2017
We have created a platform for both employed and unemployed to be able to earn with ease and later quit their jobs to BECOME THEIR OWN BOSSES...
IF you know how to COPY and PASTE, you can do this... It's as simple as that..

STEPS:
*Just register online for free.
* Book for training class Online / Offline.
*After which you will go for a tour / inspection to view all our fast selling estates and properties.
*Bring clients to purchase and get paid immediately after deal is closed.

BENEFITS:
*Free land benefit
*Car compensation
*A free trip to Dubai, South Africa etc
* Free Computers & Accessories
*Free Electronics
Etc...

To register, send your Name, Whatsapp Number and Email address to 08057530178
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by Happyfellow147: 9:22am On Feb 09, 2017
Entrepreneurship is akin to taking a plunge into the future characterised by uncertainties. Please make sure you have something to put body and soul together before venturing into entrepreneurship
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by enemmo(f): 9:30am On Feb 09, 2017
Pamelayoung:

I lost mine last year. The first thing to do is to embrace positivity.

Follow this thread for starters..

https://www.nairaland.com/2390751/how-make-up-500k-every

There are many helpful resources and people there.
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by uvalued(m): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2017
ItuExchange:
How do people survive financially after quitting their job and pursuing the entrepreneur route of a startup?

I've done it twice. Both times I went into massive personal credit card debt (US $50,000 and US $70,000). Both times the company I founded eventually raised investment capital, and things worked out. Here are the few pieces I've learned about surviving as a bootstrapped entrepreneur after quitting my job:

1. If You Aren't 100% Sure, Don't Even Try to Survive Financially. Get Your Job Back.

Being an entrepreneur is painful... and not the romanticized pain that ends in two hours and gets packaged like a Disney Special. It's a dull, lingering, financially disastrous pain that is only worth it if there is absolutely nothing else you can see yourself doing. If it isn't that black and white for you, get your job back. Now.

2. Plan for At Least 2 Years of Financial Suicide. That's a Bare Minimum.

Most entrepreneurs begin their entrepreneurial journeys with rosy forecasts. If they can just do these four things, well heck, they'll be the next Facebook or at least Instagram. That's the fairy tale anyway. The reality is you'll be probably trudging through financial quicksand for years. So plan for it!

3. Find a Cofounder As Wildly Passionate As You Are. Ideally a Rich One.

When you're lost and alone in the desert with no directions for how to find water... it is easy to let the hallucinations and ramen-inducing vitamin deficiencies take hold. But when you have a cofounder, an advocate, a best friend who needs it as much as you do... that person can keep you sane. If the person is rich, he or she can also take you out to dinner every now and then!

4. It Doesn't Matter if You Once Lived Like a King. You Are Now a Pauper.

Before I took the social entrepreneurial plunge, I was making easy money, driving a nice Mercedes, staying at 4-star New York City hotels, and enjoying life. It took me a few months to realize I was a pauper when I started my first business. The result: I used what could have been 3 years of savings in 5 months. Don't be as stupid as me.

5. If You Hit Zero, Credit Cards Can Be Your Best Friend. But BEWARE.

The only thing scarier for an entrepreneur than losing money every month is losing money you don't have every month. But this is part of the financial suicide referenced earlier. When you've hit zero, 0% interest credit cards (readily available in the US for first 12 months if you have good credit) are your best friend.

** Use with caution: If you aren't idiotically sure things will work out, return to step 1. Ask for your job back.

6. (Final Financial Survival Step): Work On Your Mental Game. It's the Most Valuable Asset You Have. It's More Important Than Money.

Entrepreneurship is oftentimes a war of attrition. Those who can take the most pain and stay in the game the longest are oftentimes the victors (if they are smart and adjusting all the time). The key to staying in the game isn't money. It is knowing the truth about yourself and your team: you are immensely capable and resourceful, and you will find a way. After all, there is no other option!

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-do-people-survive-financially-after-quitting-their-job-and-pursuing-the-entrepreneur-route-of-a-startup

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by Pamelayoung: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2017
enemmo:

I lost mine last year. The first thing to do is to embrace positivity.

Follow this thread for starters..

https://www.nairaland.com/2390751/how-make-up-500k-every

There are many helpful resources and people there.

Ok tnx.

Ok tnx
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by lastkingsman: 11:16am On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
this is 2017 there are lots of ways to make money even after losing your job. eg on fiverr, fiverr even pays and reward hardwork better. don't even wait to lose your job, all you need is a skill you can do digital jobs like video editing, animation,writing, graphics design , etc. for the lazy ones who would say I have no skill you can simply resell this services. am a video animator on fiverr God know how much I make monthly. apart from fiverr there are thousand of ways to make good money, so instead of crying after losing your job, brain storm. I love hardworking people no excuse in 2017 to be poor.

boss, pls which software do you use for video animation on fiverr?
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2017
lastkingsman:

boss, pls which software do you use for video animation on fiverr?
them many
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by lastkingsman: 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
them many

pls boss, I need you guidance. my email is cderulo at gmail dot com. how effective is adobe Photoshop and adobe after effect useful to this?
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2017
lastkingsman:

pls boss, I need you guidance. my email is cderulo at gmail dot com. how effective is adobe Photoshop and adobe after effect useful to this?
PS is not needed buh u need good knowledge of aftereffects. or u use simpler softwares like explaindio. I cant mail u my number is on my signature if that is useful to u
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by ituglobal(m): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
To lose one's source of income is not a good thing. This is a serious matter.
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by lastkingsman: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
PS is not needed buh u need good knowledge of aftereffects. or u use simpler softwares like explaindio. I cant mail u my number is on my signature if that is useful to u

Thank you boss, I appreciate
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by priscus(f): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
HI .I love your zeal .cos I hate lazy people .Please I just join fiverr .just dis one article .But since than I have not gotten any offer .pleasw I need your help. This is my number .Am priscus 08021092818 .please I need to make money .Not really doing much.Tanks so much
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by priscus(f): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
HI .I love your zeal .cos I hate lazy people .Please I just join fiverr .just dis one article .But since than I have not gotten any offer .pleasw I need your help. This is my number .Am priscus 08021092818 .please I need to make money .Not really doing much.Tanks so much
waltec:
We have created a platform for both employed and unemployed to be able to earn with ease and later quit their jobs to BECOME THEIR OWN BOSSES...
IF you know how to COPY and PASTE, you can do this... It's as simple as that..

STEPS:
*Just register online for free.
* Book for training class Online / Offline.
*After which you will go for a tour / inspection to view all our fast selling estates and properties.
*Bring clients to purchase and get paid immediately after deal is closed.

BENEFITS:
*Free land benefit
*Car compensation
*A free trip to Dubai, South Africa etc
* Free Computers & Accessories
*Free Electronics
Etc...

To register, send your Name, Whatsapp Number and Email address to 08057530178

Am interested please.08021092818
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by lastkingsman: 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:

pls how do I deal with voice over during advert, can explandio handle voice modification?
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
lastkingsman:

pls how do I deal with voice over during advert, can explandio handle voice modification?
that's why we have a software called audacity.
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2017
priscus:

WhatsApp me
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by lastkingsman: 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
that's why we have a software called audacity.

Baba, God bless you. thank you.
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2017
lastkingsman:

Baba, God bless you. thank you.
no p
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by lastkingsman: 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:
no p

pls baba, should I choose Nigeria as my or select US using VPN?
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
lastkingsman:

pls baba, should I choose Nigeria as my or select US using VPN?
lol see question
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by nmreports: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2017
Bizzonthetrack:
Na oyinbo way of surviving be this

Lol
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by Valobit(f): 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
softboiy:

How do you do it?
No one is willing to show the way.
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by omaraji: 1:46am On Feb 10, 2017
JOIN US FOR A 2-DAY SESSION ON STATISTICAL ANALLYSIS AND DATA MINING, FEBRUARY 12 and 13th, 2017 @REDUCED TRAINING COST

Statistical Analysis and Data Mining,
Qualitative & Quantitative Research
Training & Research Advisory (Thesis Structure, Dissertation and Research Publication)

Dear Earthlings,

Hey! if you are not a saleman per excellence (ingenuity) then you have to acquire a skill that will last you a lifetime

and can NEVER be replicated or copied by another. Just maybe this is that golden opportunity to earn whilst developing

your industry &/or Academic proficiency (see attached a sample of past earnings for just 2-week period on upwork), then

you have my december earnings on fiverr, guru.com, toptal and foreign collegiate group (only share to me Redfox group). Do

NOT forget money is a means to an end NOT an end itself as most online and multi-level marketing gigs and the like

proposes.

Take a closer if this is right for you.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution

engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with varying

applications in General research, Econometrics, Development Finance, Real Estate Modeling & Financing, Global Markets

(currency & fixed income derivatives) analytic.

Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics (Medical Statistics)
Forecasting & Quantitative Risk*
Data Analytics Support*
Commodities Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide*
Financial Markets*

Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
: SPSS (AB) Intensive.
Session LOS A: Stata (AA) and SPSS (AB)
Session LOS D: Tableau (Data Analytics)
Session LOS A: SAS (AC)
Session LOS B: Eviews (BB)
Session LOS C: XLSTAT (CC) and Excel (Advanced & Logical Operations)

February 13/14, 2017 -- Analytics, Data Management and Forecasting (AFDM)
Venue: H9B, SR, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Lekki-Ajah & Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Session duration: 2-day intensive (9hrs)
(SPSS, Tableau, Modeling Eviews, XLSTAT, Excel)
Stata and SAS: with consulting connect access
QDA Miner Lite, CAQDAS, NVivo & Coding Analysis Toolkit (CAS) for Qualitative Research (supported by HTML,CSV, RTF)
R and R studio: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Python: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Add-ons: software installation/set up, plus video tutorials and dummies.

Kingsley Redfox
2BFA0150
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Finalising the launch of redfoxanalytics.com
https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/10/20/top-skills-2016-week-of-learning-linkedin
http://www.businessinsider.com/skills-that-can-get-you-hired-2016-10
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/20/the-top-10-skills-that-will-get-you-hired.htmlIncrease your industry value potential vide
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by softboiy: 3:56am On Feb 10, 2017
Valobit:

How do you do it? No one is willing to show the way.
WhatsApp me
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by nmreports: 7:16am On Feb 10, 2017
Valobit:

How do you do it?
No one is willing to show the way.

Hmmm
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2019
Simple by starting a home based business in Nigeria. It is not going to be easy but maybe you need 5 reasons to start a home business in Nigeria to understand why this may be a good option.
Re: How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? by tpdotnet002: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
Apply for Contents Writer and Website Admin Now
Do you know how to create contents that will get ranked in search engine quickly and effectively?

Do you know how to create non-plagiarism contents?

Do you know how to develop and manage a wordpress website?

We Urgently need someone who can create contents with proper keywords and someone who can manage our website.

if you have the skills and ability in you then....

check www.inform.com.ng now to Apply

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. / Age Barriers To Graduate Employment In Nigeria / Which Is The Best Professional Certification Program For Arts Related Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.