Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,109 members, 7,852,755 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

God Hates Rich People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Rich People (862 Views)

Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? / Ladies - Dont Use Hillshoes To Church, God Hates It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Hates Rich People by RiffRaff: 12:44am On Dec 05, 2009
It will b EASIER for a CAMEL to Pass THROUGH d Eye of a NEEDLE than for a Rich Man to Enter d Kingdom of god, Says jesus.
Why?
Re: God Hates Rich People by yme1(f): 1:03am On Dec 05, 2009
he doesnt hate the rich
he was only trying to make us understand that we shouldnt let money take us away from entering the kingdom of God
in other words we shouldnt focus on money alone
Re: God Hates Rich People by MrCrackles(m): 1:08am On Dec 05, 2009
Poster shut up. . . .You are wrong!
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2009
God hates rich people, but his numerous churches don't mind using their cash donations to buy jet planes for their pastors. grin
Re: God Hates Rich People by noetic15(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2009
jagunlabi:

God hates rich people, but his numerous churches don't mind using their cash donations to buy jet planes for their pastors. grin

but i tot u claim God does not exist? how can a nihilant being hate rich people? are u confused?
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2009
noetic15:

but i tot u claim God does not exist?
No, i never claimed that the creator of the universe does not exist.But i claimed that the christian god does not exist, or at best, a phoney trying to usurp the post of the creator, but just can't fit in 'cos it is far too big a post for him to handle. But his followers like you just won't go belly up.smiley
Re: God Hates Rich People by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2009
@jagunlabi
Jesus did not say that it would be impossible for rich people to enter the kingdom of God. Jesus said it would be hard. Because your riches have a way of drawing you away from God. If a rich man can set his priorities right, then he will enter the kingdom of God.
Re: God Hates Rich People by noetic15(m): 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2009
jagunlabi:

No, i never claimed that the creator of the universe does not exist.But i claimed that the christian god does not exist, or at best, a phoney trying to usurp the post of the creator, but just can't fit in 'cos it is far too big a post for him to handle. But his followers like you just won't go belly up.smiley

so whats the difference between the creator of the universe and the xtian God?
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2009
noetic15:

so whats the difference between the creator of the universe and the xtian God?
Quite a lot.I will name just a couple.
1)The christian god is manmade, the creator of the universe made man.
2)The christian god is a limited deity who exist only within the christian doctrines and scriptures. The creator of the universe transcends the doctrinal walls and boundaries of christianity and any other religions, and encompasses them all at the same time.

Even with those two, you can see that the differences are vast.But ponder on those two for starters.
Re: God Hates Rich People by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2009
@jagunlabi
What you wrote right there was your own belief, your perception of the Christian God.
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2009
No.What i wrote is the belief and perception of the christian god by the christians themselves.
mactao:

@jagunlabi
What you wrote right there was your own belief, your perception of the Christian God.
Re: God Hates Rich People by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2009
@jagunlabi

Read Genesis chapter 1. Was the Christian God man made or did he make man? Where do you get your theories from?

The Christian God is not a limited deity.
John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Draw the conclusion yourself.
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2009
I have read the chapter and the rest of the bible a few times and it does not prove wrong that the christian god is manmade, because that chapter(and the whole damn book) was written by MEN.
mactao:

@jagunlabi

Read Genesis chapter 1. Was the Christian God man made or did he make man? Where do you get your theories from?

John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Re: God Hates Rich People by banom(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2009
With God all things are Posible.

Rich People will go to haven , Poor ones like us will equally go to haven if we believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2009
Yes, he is limited, because he only exists within the christian doctrine and can't seem to exist or function outside of it.He is a god made by christians and for christians alone.NOW, THAT IS A VERY VERY LIMITED GOD IN SCOPE.
mactao:

@jagunlabi

Re: God Hates Rich People by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2009
2Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

So no, the Bible was not written by men.
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
Either inspired by a god or a demon, or even both, that still does not change the fact that the book was still written by MEN, anonymous men at that.Which makes the book even more dubious in origin.
mactao:

2Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

So no, the Bible was not written by men.
Re: God Hates Rich People by mamagee3(f): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2009
He was referring to the rich people's pride in their wealth
that passage means it would be difficult for a rich man to enter,
the kingdom of God because of his pride
tongue
Re: God Hates Rich People by noetic15(m): 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
jagunlabi:

Quite a lot.I will name just a couple.
1)The christian god is manmade, the creator of the universe made man.
2)The christian god is a limited deity who exist only within the christian doctrines and scriptures. The creator of the universe transcends the doctrinal walls and boundaries of christianity and any other religions, and encompasses them all at the same time.

Even with those two, you can see that the differences are vast.But ponder on those two for starters.

Can anyone make sense out of this?
Re: God Hates Rich People by skepra: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
Jesus did not say that it would be impossible for rich people to enter the kingdom of God. Jesus said it would be hard. Because your riches have a way of drawing you away from God. If a rich man can set his priorities right, then he will enter the kingdom of God.

Because, their way are evil shocked
Re: God Hates Rich People by jagunlabi(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
Lol!Typical noetic.Always looking for easy copouts.
noetic15:

Can anyone make sense out of this?
Re: God Hates Rich People by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2009
@jagunlabi
Are you an atheist?

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Yerima's Abuse Of Religion / Marlene Brown Returns To Christ / Church Leaders & The Use Of Honorific Titles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.