Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. (17950 Views)

How To Drive The 2019 G-wagon SUV Through The Mud Explained By Mercedes / 2018 Independence Drive: The Classic Cars That Graced Event (Photos) / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. by nams77: 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
The sheer pleasure of driving a stick shift on a smooth high way listening to Coldplay singing 'clock' or 'fix you' and the cool breeze caressing your face is almost sweeter than the pleasures of a woman

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. by mikebuddy(m): 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
I learnt, but since i dont drive it all the time, i have completely forgotten the crutch control
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. by KingRex1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lagusta:

Thanks boss, just checked, no wonder the Honda I drove always shifted smoothly, not like other auto trannies......
Yea right cool
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. by Gramondhigh(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2017
oh my God grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ogawisdom:
grin. No reason except u re a taxi man or u wanna become one soon or may be u dnt like d comfort n luxury of an auto gear or better still u are poor and can't afford an automatic car grin grin grin

I won't accept a manual car even if it is free make i come dey clutch dey change gear when I ve better things to think n do angry angry angry
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. by LeJeun3: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2017
TheVictorious:

5) Theft

If you own a manual car, car theft shouldn't be on your list of worries. With the great ease in driving the automatic transmission has brought with it, today's generation so large in number feel there's no need to learn the manual transmission and as a result there's an higher demand for the automatic transmission than the manual. This has also brought down the rate of manual car theft - you can't go stealing a manual car just because you can drive an automatic transmission. No, it doesn't work that way, best try the other way around.

Sounds like: It's better to buy slippers instead of shoe, so nobody will need to steal my footwear!

6) Reduced Distraction

The manual car loves to keep her occupants engaged to avoid unnecessary distractions like staring at other girls(Cars), making phone calls, snap chatting, tweeting or texting. She gives you no choice except if you are to super of a being to keep texting or tweeting while upshifting or downshifting and also stepping on and off the clutch, break or accelerator. The same cannot be said of its rival, the automatic.

Meaning that it's more risky to handle if there is an urgent need for distraction. Mind you most times distraction is not what you willingly bargain for, that's why it's distraction; something that suddenly takes your attention without your notice!

7) No borrowing allowed.

Nowadays, we pretty well know that everyone can practically drive an automatic transmission but not just anyone can drive a manual car and yes, its an added advantage for car owners who own a manual car - especially if you have friends who borrow more than they give.

Bad friend: Bro what's up. My chick is coming over today - can I borrow your car to just drive her around.
Me: Sure thing, I'm your man. Can you drive manual?
Bad friend: Chai, no o
Me: Eeyah, looks like you will be hiring a Keke.

sounds like: I'll prefer not to live in a duplex even if I have the money, because there will be much pressure from friends that will be coming to live with me; so I'll rather manage myself in a one room self contain and tell them I don't have space. Smart right?

9) Dead Battery Push Start

This is one of the unique aspects of a manual vehicle that I find thrilling all the time. It seems hilarious that you could bring a dead car back to life but in every sense its just amazing. So, how do you push start a car?

- Start the ignition like you normally do.
- Put the gear in neutral.
- Get 2 or 3 people to help push the car.
- Once your car is in constant motion, press down the clutch and shift to gear 2.
- Lift your foot off the clutch and step on the gas/accelerator.
Off you go, that wasn't so hard right!

Lool you expect someone to go through all these stress, if there's another alternative. Automatic all the way

That's why you usually sit like pigeon in your car when the battery is bad....

Give me an alternative for the Auto drive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? / Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" / 5 Best Selling Cars Of All Time - All Still In Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.