Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Testimonies Of An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies Of An Atheist (2945 Views)

Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by CHARLOE(m): 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
frank317:
You are absolutely right. Life is random, we can only do our best, but it is not a guarantee for success. but every success requires some kind of effort from us.

I have religious folks around me who are quick to accuse any misfortune that befalls me on my lack of prayers, yet they over look their own misfortune or call it Gods will or temptations from the devil.

its both funny and frustrating to watch intelligent educated men and women behave like stark fools when is comes religion.

I have a lady friend who comes to me for help once in a while. But recently, I withdrew from activities that would make me spend extra, including too much giving (country done hard small) in other to achieve somethings by the end of the year.

She however opened up, complained how she just got admission and didnt have anyone to help her. She was so broke that she didnt even have money to eat and was thinking of defiling the admission.

I understood her plight but thought I should also tell her what I am going through so that she might understand why I might not give her as much as i used to.

But she cut me half way and accused me of not praying when I told some of my problems too. She said and i quote her "the problem with you is that u dont pray, why will you not go through issues like that"

i was so angry and frustrated and asked her why she came to me for help if she could pray and why she having problems too? I told her and i quote "You know what? you have God who can help you but I do not worship any God and so I am on my own. Tell your God who u pray to to help you and I will struggle to help myself."

she became apologetic and said perhaps God wants to use me to help her. I asked her, "How can a God I dont care about use me. well, since i dont care about him and he want to use me, i will refused to allow him use me. he must beg me with three white cock, 3 sweet 19yrs old virgins and a property in a galaxy far away.
Epic! This ur post is d summary of d dillema of religious folks. I asked same question in my former church homecell: 'are there any verifiable proofs/statistics to show born again xtians enjoy special privileges over others (atheists, Muslims, bhudists etc); healthier, more successful, live longer, richer, happier?. Answer is non whatsoever!
Good & bad things happen to people of all races, colour, (un)beliefs etc
Some yrs ago a pst friend once told me 'You will not prosper', when he heard I don't pay tithe. Funny thing is, I was doing far better than him n even help him out a times. Had to remind him of that and my guy shut up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by CHARLOE(m): 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2017
HardMirror:

Indeed. Good and evil happens to us all coincidentally and as a result of our choices.
Terrible things have happened to me as an atheist. And I have also achieved so much beyond my wildest dreams.
I tell my christian friends. I may die a terrible death tomorrow, don't mock me and say I died because I don't believe in God, unfortunate things can happen to anyone.
Prayer is useless in changing the course of events in our lives.
Even pastors die terrible/violent deaths, PST bimbo, and d popular american PST Myles Munroe come to mind. But most xtians can never imagine their god will allow dem die a violent death, they don't even belive they can die young. Some even go as far as saying those 2 were not living right with god that was y he allowed dem die terrible deaths, very heartless thoughts, no empathy whatsoever!
I've com to accept I'm just lucky to be alive, anybody can die anytime, so make hay while d sun shines!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by HardMirror(m): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
CHARLOE:

Even pastors die terrible/violent deaths, PST bimbo, and d popular american PST Myles Munroe come to mind. But most xtians can never imagine their god will allow dem die a violent death, they don't even belive they can die young. Some even go as far as saying those 2 were not living right with god that was y he allowed dem die terrible deaths, very heartless thoughts, no empathy whatsoever!
I've com to accept I'm just lucky to be alive, anybody can die anytime, so make hay while d sun shines!
When I say christians are the most heartless people, many thing I am speaking out of proportion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2017
adoyi8:
I still remember the first time I said in my mind that there may be no god. Fear griped me, I was expecting the ground to open and swallow me like the story of korah in the bible. That was six years ago.

As a result of my indoctrination into Christianity, I used to have this fear of not involving god in everything I do; I pray before I sleep because I fear that if I don’t pray before sleeping, I will have nightmares or may not even wake up. When sick, I pray before taking drugs because I feared that the drugs may not work without prayers. I pray before eating to remove poison (Nigerian movies actually caused this fear) and because I feared that if I don’t thank god for this meal he may get angry and deny me my next meal. I pray before travelling, taking exams etc.

To be honest, since I became an atheist, some unfortunate things have happened to me but it is very easy to look beside me and see a devoted Christian suffering worse.

Bad things have happened to me as an atheist yet good things also happened some of which are; I wrote JAMB and passed without prayers, I got admitted into the university without prayers, I have been travelling to and fro school and been arriving safely without prayers, I have graduated from the University with flying colors having taking all my exams without prayers

The highlight of my testimony is that I won a scholarship in 2014 (NNPC/Chevron JV scholarship) and was paid 100,000 naira thrice for the scholarship.

The manner in which I won the scholarship fits exactly into what a Christian might call a miracle. One of which was the fact that I was devastated after taking the test because I didn’t finish answering the test questions before I was forcefully logged out.

To make the story even more interesting, I applied for the scholarship with six of my other course mates some of them knew my stance on religion and I was the only one that got the scholarship.

The message I want to pass is that as a human being, you can get lucky sometimes and be unlucky other times (most accident victims prayed before their journey). You don’t get favored because you are a Christian, Muslim or an atheist. In fact if there is a god, he doesn’t care about your prayers.

I am an atheist graduate waiting to be mobilized for NYSC and I hope to share more testimonies with you.

seun
hardmirror
hopefullandlord
eyehategod
jonbellion
frank317
obinna58
hahn
akintom
jackBizzle
lennycool
realmindz
I still fail to see any miracle or 'luck' in your story
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
Please, I recently enrolled into the agnostic ideology. I need you guys.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
Felixomor, KingEbukasBlog & co are avoiding this anointing of our beloved atheists.

E dae pain the theist neh?
Supposing the thread topic was "How god miraculously granted me success", they would have all rushed in & be chanting "ONLY A FOOL SAYS THERE'S NO god".

I happy for you bro.

Seun, dont you think this deserves FP?
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
Am happy for you br0
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by dankol: 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
hey op, thanks for the testimony jare.. I guess its testimony time for the freshest atheist graduates in the house. if some of u can remember my story sometimes early last year. na me be dis ooo.. waxing stronger in the anti-faith. op.. just like u, I got a very sweet scholarship. and made my parents proud by graduating at the appointed time and with good grades. no prayer, no fasting, no seed sowing, no religious shit.. while I left some papas behind in school sha. cos while I was studying, they were praying. now they are now studying while I am flexing.. my shutout to my colleagues awaiting Now Your Suffering Continues. aka NYSC

7 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Image123(m): 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
adoyi8:
I still remember the first time I said in my mind that there may be no god. Fear griped me, I was expecting the ground to open and swallow me like the story of korah in the bible. That was six years ago.

As a result of my indoctrination into Christianity, I used to have this fear of not involving god in everything I do; I pray before I sleep because I fear that if I don’t pray before sleeping, I will have nightmares or may not even wake up. When sick, I pray before taking drugs because I feared that the drugs may not work without prayers. I pray before eating to remove poison (Nigerian movies actually caused this fear) and because I feared that if I don’t thank god for this meal he may get angry and deny me my next meal. I pray before travelling, taking exams etc.

To be honest, since I became an atheist, some unfortunate things have happened to me but it is very easy to look beside me and see a devoted Christian suffering worse.

Bad things have happened to me as an atheist yet good things also happened some of which are; I wrote JAMB and passed without prayers, I got admitted into the university without prayers, I have been travelling to and fro school and been arriving safely without prayers, I have graduated from the University with flying colors having taking all my exams without prayers

The highlight of my testimony is that I won a scholarship in 2014 (NNPC/Chevron JV scholarship) and was paid 100,000 naira thrice for the scholarship.

The manner in which I won the scholarship fits exactly into what a Christian might call a miracle. One of which was the fact that I was devastated after taking the test because I didn’t finish answering the test questions before I was forcefully logged out.

To make the story even more interesting, I applied for the scholarship with six of my other course mates some of them knew my stance on religion and I was the only one that got the scholarship.

The message I want to pass is that as a human being, you can get lucky sometimes and be unlucky other times (most accident victims prayed before their journey). You don’t get favored because you are a Christian, Muslim or an atheist. In fact if there is a god, he doesn’t care about your prayers.

I am an atheist graduate waiting to be mobilized for NYSC and I hope to share more testimonies with you.

seun
hardmirror
hopefullandlord
eyehategod
jonbellion
frank317
obinna58
hahn
akintom
jackBizzle
lennycool
realmindz

Duh, complete balderdash and lack of Bible knowledge. Ever read Psalm 73? Or are you new on earth?
Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Image123(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2017
HardMirror:

When I say christians are the most heartless people, many thing I am speaking out of proportion.

cc: lennycool

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by adoyi8: 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
dankol:
just like u, I got a very sweet scholarship. and made my parents proud by graduating at the appointed time and with good grades. no prayer, no fasting, no seed sowing, no religious shit.. while I left some papas behind in school sha. cos while I was studying, they were praying. now they are now studying while I am flexing.. my shutout to my colleagues awaiting Now Your Suffering Continues. aka NYSC

Nice! I have friends that attend church programs on everyday of the week. They go the church just before exams to bless their exams pen and they still carryover some courses then they crack their heads and remember a certain prayer they forgot to pray or that time they cheated on their tithe and conclude that maybe god is just punishing them for their sins.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by dankol: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
adoyi8:

Nice! I have friends that attend church programs on everyday of the week. They go the church just before exams to bless their exams pen and they still carryover some courses then they crack their heads and remember a certain prayer they forgot to pray or that time they cheated on their tithe and conclude that maybe god is just punishing them for their sins.

loool.. my brother in d ministry, I tire o. them plenty for my side too. there was one that like disturbing us at midnight in the hostel back then. one night I stood up and warned him to lower his voice or I will pour him water from upstairs I was. he replied that, I am playing with fire and started cursing o.. he tot I was joking.. when I full bucket.. him shut down .. lo and behold, he was on probation and still in the hostel, cabashing. I really pity them.. deep down within me. Iol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 10, 2017
Image123:

cc: lennycool
What?
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Unbeliever(m): 6:54am On Feb 10, 2017
obinna58:

I live with my elder sister, she is very religious and knows I'm atheist, even though she badly needed me to convert but we don't argue much about religion due to the fact their ar many questions she is confused of, I'm principled, royal, respectful and she likes me Cos problems aren't much difficult to get solved with me.

About two weeks ago I lost 330,000k after my last ticket celta Vigo scored 85mins second goal that damaged my ticket though the game later ended celta 2-2 Madrid.

she went to vigil that night, came back the following morning, told me that god is angry with me and that's why my ticket fold up, she said my life would have been more better if I hadn't lost faith in god (I laughed).

Upon all punishment She believed god used bet9ja to punished me (mysterious god)
She believed my loss of faith cost real Madrid advancing to next stage of Copa Del Rey (god used me to punish ronaldo and co-team mates cos he is angry)
And she failed to believe I have a great power deciding matches when god is angry grin

Religionist have a different mind entirely cry
I'm also an atheist, who receive the same reactions from my god believing family members when anything goes wrong with me. Please I also stake large sometimes, I'd be glad if you share your predictions for this weekends matches with me. Thanks in advance
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by akintom(m): 9:01am On Feb 10, 2017
Image123:

Duh, complete balderdash and lack of Bible knowledge. Ever read Psalm 73? Or are you new on earth?
Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
buy-bull knowledge is for the bull headed.

That hypnotic rom 2:4, is one of the psychedelic substance in religious junkyism.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Wilgrea7(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2017
adoyi8:

From my experience as an atheist and ex-christian, being prepared can help you let's say to pass an examination but prayers can not.

if you pray without reading, you'll fail.. that's why they say work and pray

Well you say god doesn't punish people because they doubt his existence. many Christians will disagree with you but as an atheist I think it is not because he doesn't want to punish them but because he can't.

saying he can't is on the stance that he exists.. so if you were to take it that God exists, what makes you feel he can't as in .. is totally incapable of punishing those who don't believe in him?
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by adoyi8: 10:26am On Feb 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:

if you pray without reading, you'll fail.. that's why they say work and pray

saying he can't is on the stance that he exists.. so if you were to take it that God exists, what makes you feel he can't as in .. is totally incapable of punishing those who don't believe in him?

If you pray without studying, you fail.
If you pray and study, you pass
If you don't pray but study, you pass.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that the prayer part is not important.

I don't want to be dragged into the never ending argument of whether god exists or not. From MY experience of life I don't need god for anything and he can't punish me for what I choose to do with my life.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by obinna58(m): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2017
Sinestroo:

I still fail to see any miracle or 'luck' in your story

That's what u say when your brain complex structure has been eaten by religion tongue
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Image123(m): 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
akintom:
buy-bull knowledge is for the bull headed.

That hypnotic rom 2:4, is one of the psychedelic substance in religious junkyism.

Do you speak English? Have you ever read the parable of the rich fool as told by Jesus the Christ? The rich fool had more 'testimonies' than you'd ever have, get enlightened.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Image123(m): 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lennycool:
What?
Called you to witness one of yours yapping about superior morality.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by akintom(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
Image123:

Do you speak English? Have you ever read the parable of the rich fool as told by Jesus the Christ? The rich fool had more 'testimonies' than you'd ever have, get enlightened.
buy-bull don't enlighten, rather it plunges folks in fatal idiocy.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Image123(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
akintom:
buy-bull don't enlighten, rather it plunges folks in fatal idiocy.

kindly speak English, you're not communicating.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
obinna58:

That's what u say when your brain complex structure has been eaten by religion tongue
lol so you wrote the exam just so that you could fail?
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
obinna58:

Did you score below 40% in the exam and still get the scholarship?

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by obinna58(m): 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
Sinestroo:

Did you score below 40% in the exam and still get the scholarship?
He did not say that he wanted to fail, he simply said that god was not involved in his successful exams, but are u saying god is not responsible for people passing exams

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by mytym(m): 3:22am On Feb 12, 2017
adoyi8:

Dear Youngman,
you have only succeeded in telling us why you think 'religious' folks should stop their God 'delusion', you haven't proven beyond reasonable doubt that God doesn't exist.

You are only hating about how extreme your rigid religious orientations in the past got hold of you, and now that your sensibilities is being awakened you are even demonstrating extreme ignorance and flawedly excited about how sweet things can be even without praying.

I seldom pray before travelling but I have been preserved several times from accidents. It doesn't mean someone somewhere haven't prayed for my safety before.

I have had several disappointing instances about God, it doesn't mean God is not around.
I have prayed for some other stuffs that didn't come to fruition. My time and chance as I grew more conscious revealed that most of those prayers (like 99.9%) if answered could have even made my life worse or cause retrogressing timelines...
I'm not a religious person, I believe there's a God and I am not him (or her whatever form).
I have had personal life encounters that have given me personal convictions that God definitely must be existing.

You maybe having unique testimonies now, so that your future story or testimonials about God existing can be really full and convincing...Maybe, maybe not.

You mentioned nice scenarios especially with the scholarship thing. The fact that those 'people' or 'Godful' people failed and ONLY YOU the 'Godless' dude was selected, (I'm even blindly taking the assumption that nobody, not a single soul has ever prayed for your overall success in life before), does NOT diminish the existence of God one bit.
You are right about one thing God doesn't care about our prayers, as the prayers are for us not him. He doesn't need it! We do...

Like I said I'm not religious and I'm not an atheist either but it's too obvious your atheism tendencies are even fake.

Kindly read a book God's Debris Scott Adams

It's not a religious book. Basically philosophy and statistics. Kindly do a PM if you want.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by obinna58(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
Unbeliever:
I'm also an atheist, who receive the same reactions from my god believing family members when anything goes wrong with me. Please I also stake large sometimes, I'd be glad if you share your predictions for this weekends matches with me. Thanks in advance
Go to scorepredictor.net with d site u you can get all your need to place a bet
Its helpful

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by obinna58(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
Unbeliever:
Go to scorepredictor.net with d site u you can get all your need to place a bet
Its very helpful
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by adoyi8: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2017
mytym:

Dear Youngman,
you have only succeeded in telling us why you think 'religious' folks should stop their God 'delusion', you haven't proven beyond reasonable doubt that God doesn't exist.

You are only hating about how extreme your rigid religious orientations in the past got hold of you, and now that your sensibilities is being awakened you are even demonstrating extreme ignorance and flawedly excited about how sweet things can be even without praying.

I seldom pray before travelling but I have been preserved several times from accidents. It doesn't mean someone somewhere haven't prayed for my safety before.

I have had several disappointing instances about God, it doesn't mean God is not around.
I have prayed for some other stuffs that didn't come to fruition. My time and chance as I grew more conscious revealed that most of those prayers (like 99.9%) if answered could have even made my life worse or cause retrogressing timelines...
I'm not a religious person, I believe there's a God and I am not him (or her whatever form).
I have had personal life encounters that have given me personal convictions that God definitely must be existing.

You maybe having unique testimonies now, so that your future story or testimonials about God existing can be really full and convincing...Maybe, maybe not.

You mentioned nice scenarios especially with the scholarship thing. The fact that those 'people' or 'Godful' people failed and ONLY YOU the 'Godless' dude was selected, (I'm even blindly taking the assumption that nobody, not a single soul has ever prayed for your overall success in life before), does NOT diminish the existence of God one bit.
You are right about one thing God doesn't care about our prayers, as the prayers are for us not him. He doesn't need it! We do...

Like I said I'm not religious and I'm not an atheist either but it's too obvious your atheism tendencies are even fake.

Kindly read a book God's Debris Scott Adams

It's not a religious book. Basically philosophy and statistics. Kindly do a PM if you want.

I did not become an atheist because I argued with another atheist and he convinced me that God does not exists. No, I became an atheist through careful introspection so I am not interested in establishing whether God exists or not. everybody is free to choose, I am just stating how good my choice has been so far.
I have made my decision a long time ago and it has been good so far. Here you are confused, unable to choose between your left or right yet making it your job to advise me. You want me to come and sit on the fence with you? No thanks.

Fake atheist? i dont think a Christian or Muslim can pretend to say 'I dont believe in God

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Harvard13(m): 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
adoyi8:

U never had real faith. Jesus our lord prayed to the father to let the cup of suffering pass away but he was still crucified. Did he stop believing in his father??

The fact that you did what u did without prayer doesn't mean anything. You may not realize until u need prayer as ur last resort.

A true Christian knows that sometimes his faith is tested.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by adoyi8: 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
Harvard13:

U never had real faith. Jesus our lord prayed to the father to let the cup of suffering pass away but he was still crucified. Did he stop believing in his father??

The fact that you did what u did without prayer doesn't mean anything. You may not realize until u need prayer as ur last resort.

A true Christian knows that sometimes his faith is tested.

That's the point. Even Jesus Christ's prayers wasn't answered to show you how pointless prayers is.
Re: Testimonies Of An Atheist by Harvard13(m): 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
Image123:

Do not mind these get rich quick Christians who forget that Jesus died at 33 and he was Gods son. Christianity isn't all roses and not being a Christian doesn't mean ull be poor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Nights Of Glory 2013 / Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son / Welcome To This New Month, It Is Your Month Of Perfection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.