Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG (26546 Views)

Fire Outbreak In UNILAG, Car Explodes, Fire Figthers Use Buckets To Quench Fire / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) / Monitor Lizard Killed Now In UNILAG (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by maclexyiii(m): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
I was in Unilag last week, and I'll say the school is over hyped.

2 Likes

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by columbus007(m): 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Iya moria is one if the most popular cafeterias in unilag ,she sells all kinds of foodstuffs,

huskies is for big boys and gals,you cannot go with 500 naira and be filled.. Kolewerk(also lots of lesbians dey that canteen)

and the last is underground...this is a popular bakery very close to the school gate..where different kinds of bread garnished with fish are sold....at night the place is always filled to the brim..their bread na die...a kit of gals will open their legs if you buy them underground bread
damn bro,i believe you wella,that underground bread I tell you many don fall grin the coconut bread bad

1 Like

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by ebbie9ja(m): 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
Let me go n try underground bread, coming back.

1 Like

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by Genea(f): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
ebbie9ja:
Let me go n try underground bread, coming back.
the one with sardine ooo

2 Likes

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by JoNach: 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
snapshot:
no mention of NEPA,its a special place to be then.

Confirm Akokite!! 3 gbosa for u

2 Likes

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
undecided

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by ustavo(m): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
GREATEST ABUSITE
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by damosky12(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
UNILAG is not a brothel as you kinda suggested. Why just select those aspects that excited you? Also known for Prayer and multiple Christian programmes everywhere, lagoon front, amphi, chapel, UBA park, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2017
I'm happy to have passed through Unilag.. its actually the best school in Nigeria... The school ain't overhyped.. its just spot on... God bless Unilag
God Bless Every Akokite
God Bless Ex Akokites
God Bless Lagos
God Bless South West
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless West Africa
God Bless Africa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by Donnetimmy(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
I look forward to going there
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by IVORY2009(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
wat about Baluba kingdom?

5 Likes

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by ericmor: 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
holamiday:
I reckon with the pride and confidence exhibited by a bonafide hall resident. I was a bona-fide resident all through school anyways, sometimes by hook & other times by crook. grin

Did you say food is cheap in 2001? You may want to review that. Food is scarcely cheap there. In fact, it is actually expensive. If you need cheap food, go to 'aganyin palace', in Jaja complex, opposite Jaja hall. With 150 naira, (beans 50, bread 100), you'd be filled to the brim and no matter what activities you partake in, the next hunger will not knock until 8pm.

And talking about new hall, i read that it is the hub of prostitution. Ah guy, fear God naw. That's a terrible lie. There are 3 big female hostels in new hall, hence, you find more of ladies than guys, hanging out around there at night. That's all.

U like cheap things o. Anyway, New hall is new hall. It use to be a male hostel way back then before giving some part to the ladies but their is an female hostel behind sha. N the op did not mention the GTB garden, is a nice place too

1 Like

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by dessey(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
The greatest Akokite, this guy tried, but u 4get the red sand and Hell fire, it takes only Men to know this places.

1 Like

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by dessey(m): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2017
The greatest Akokite, this guy tried, but u 4get the red sand and Hell fire, it takes only Men to know this places. grin grin
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2017
Adonis3:

Oh Myyyy!!! cheesy

I can never forget the multi purpose amphitheatre that serves as a crusade ground, match viewing centre, chilling zone and hotel room at the same time cheesy cheesy cheesy

Other coded places:
-HELL FIRE
-ANYWHERE AROUND ISL etc

I rep Unilag
Cc: photoshoot tsilva Trissmuller

#Adonis3HasSpoken

Haha, you sabi!
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by dharmeel(m): 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2017
how can you guys forget , our sunday nights savior SAVIOUR.. WHO WILL ALWAYS BE OPEN EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK TILL AROUND 11.45PM.

DOSE PEOPLE THAT IS ALWAYS BY THE STAIR CASE AT NEW HALL (location) MOSTLY ON THE 3RD FLOOR !!!. RELEASING PERFUMES (IGBO BOYS) .

ALSO HOW CAN WE (sodeinde boys) FORGET OUR GLORIOUS CHANNEL 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. awon omo makama... you know now ....

when you say you want to go and read at amphitheater at night with a female colleague (na to go without your boxers).

greatest gbogbo !!! greatest gbagba !!!! greatest of the greatest akokites !!!

3 Likes

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by dharmeel(m): 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
how can you guys forget , our sunday nights savior SAVIOUR.. IYA PATO!!!![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]!WHO WILL ALWAYS BE OPEN EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK TILL AROUND 11.45PM.

DOSE PEOPLE THAT IS ALWAYS BY THE STAIR CASE AT NEW HALL (location) MOSTLY ON THE 3RD FLOOR !!!. RELEASING PERFUMES (IGBO BOYS) .

ALSO HOW CAN WE (sodeinde boys) FORGET OUR GLORIOUS CHANNEL 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. awon omo makama... you know now ....

when you say you want to go and read at amphitheater at night with a female colleague (na to go without your boxers).

greatest gbogbo !!! greatest gbagba !!!! greatest of the greatest akokites !!!
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by varmint: 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2017
And ask any male student what "kabasa" means.... Beans of life

4 Likes

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by GoggleB(m): 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
I rep new hall..
And our light suffering education area..
Na when you don dey boil rice NEPA go take light.
UNDERGROUND BREAD tongue tongue tongue..
IYA MORIAH AMALA tongue tongue
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by dapolaw(m): 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
What about Moremi hall: Its quite popular for its Aristo chicks

Bamboo box: Every science student knows this joint, in those days G.O and bro Segun prepare the best pounded yam ever known to men.
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by christabell18(f): 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
palsenator:
Except for Lagoon front, nothing special in the school. Ask Great Ife for "risky" , "town gboro", " aro", "mojo night" , "Moz101" etc. These are lovely memories every great Ife will always cherish.
correct!...great ife
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by Divasoress: 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
What about red brick?

1 Like

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by christabell18(f): 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
finished from oau...been to unilag for ma project research and i fear the school is damn over hyped

1 Like

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by Teespice(f): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Iya moria is one if the most popular cafeterias in unilag ,she sells all kinds of foodstuffs,

huskies is for big boys and gals,you cannot go with 500 naira and be filled.. Kolewerk(also lots of lesbians dey that canteen)

and the last is underground...this is a popular bakery very close to the school gate..where different kinds of bread garnished with fish are sold....at night the place is always filled to the brim..their bread na die...a kit of gals will open their legs if you buy them underground bread

huskies for big boys and girls....okay ooo
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by laudate: 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
ericmor:
U like cheap things o. Anyway, New hall is new hall. It use to be a male hostel way back then before giving some part to the ladies but their is an female hostel behind sha. N the op did not mention the GTB garden, is a nice place too

The female hostel inside New Hall is Madam Tinubu Hall. undecided
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by HydraFeeds(m): 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
Sly- this is a new term use in UNILAG as disappoint, for instance, when your room mate pretended not knowing you on the street, club or any other vital places because you're not up to his/her level.

Love garden- a place close to the senate building where small small boys hang out with their girl-friends (friendzone)

Valerie- latest place to eat bread and beans at jaja complex.
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by GeneralFestytop(m): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lmao
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by Pokerface1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
Genea:
All those haters on this thread be warned... I'm sure becos unilag jambed you dahs y u r wailing, esp uniben and eksuites, na dem beef pass....

Op, u r a korrekt guy wink..

BTW u forgot coffee shop @ guest house, its not d coffee shop dah is bad oo but its d shop directly untop of it, that's a hub for smokers all the same its called coffee shop

Night waka: its a term used for both good and bad explorations in the night

Smellos: these are people that are described as skreps or below ya class...

Casted: something that is too popular among students, used by all class of ppl but mostly d broke guys..

Can't recall jawe

It's like you know more, please I need info bout the DLi.. ....abeg
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by bart10: 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
IVORY2009:
wat about Baluba kingdom?

That's Mariere Hall. My home for five years grin

1 Like

Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by oyinzdml: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
what about love garden, amphi theatre london bridge and agonyi palace etc.
Re: Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG by CoCoLav(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
You forgot morning call

"Wake up sisters, wake up, it is time for morning devotion"

"Wake up brothers, wake up, it is time for morning devotion"

Attendance rate was only high during exam period. Once exam period is over, you wont see anybody again.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Schoolgirls Win International Mobile App Competition In US. Photos / Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / Tioluwani Comfort Is Best Graduating Student At University Of Wales, UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.