Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League (41293 Views)

EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend / The English Premier League Results And Table After Week 1 (Photo) / Barclays English Premier League's 2017/2018 Fixtures Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
freshcvvs:
How many years ago Mr storyteller?

Abeg helep me to ask am oh.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
senatrpaichulo:
The last time I tried watching that shit, I slept off in the stadium(teslim balogun lagos), nasarawa united and ifeanyi UBA FC. Confederation cup final. Won't try that. FCB for life.

Who knows you in Spain?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by HiliaryAutos(m): 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
OP you drink burukutu.... Bird and chicken dey lay egg no means say chicken fit fly... See talk

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Tobium1(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Nonsense! Glory Glory Manchester United!!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
I dey watch ball naw..I love football though i no sabi play
eh eh,,,nor go injure oooO!!!I nor wan hear say u get injury ooo,,,,which team u dey support??
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Heltinking(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
Let Chelsea collect league first!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by seguno2: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
Tobium1:
Nonsense! Glory Glory Manchester United!!

If you are given a map, will you know how to get to Manchester?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by BerryAnny(m): 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
Seriously Op,

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nature8(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lol.. Funny
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Potoskyleee: 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2017
I only watch Nigerian league if i dont have any other thing to do. Like when i have 2hrs of my time to waste. Only the pitch wey them they play ball dey make me cry.... Nwanne if no be English league: Ubochi ga adikwa too boring oo... United for life.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by liRichy(f): 6:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
Yarnvibes:
The English Premier League is one of the most exciting football leagues in the world. Thus, it is unsurprising that many Nigerians are addicted to it.

Every weekend, viewing centres are filled out with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Manchester City among other EPL clubs. It is, therefore, near impossible to end the attachment of Nigerians to the premier league. Nonetheless, Jumia Travel identifies 5 reasons Nigerians should stop watching the EPL.

The Nigerian League is now exciting and better organized

Since the league management body started managing the Nigerian League, they have made concerted efforts to make the league more exciting and interesting. They have ensured that the stadiums are TV friendly and the players and fans obey rules and regulation. Most importantly, the matches are on Pay TV. This has encouraged players to give out their best and you now see a Nigerian league player scoring a hat-trick.

You get real life stadium experience in the NPFL

To watch a Nigerian League match is very affordable and inexpensive. You don’t have to break the bank. Except you have a deep pocket, you cannot travel the England to watch Arsenal. So, with the NPFL, you can watch Kano Pillars live in Kano or watch Remo Stars in Sagamu. You get the stadium experience.

You can support professionally run private clubs

Unlike in the past when the 20 clubs in the Nigeria Professional Football League are government owned, there are now privately owned clubs that are professionally managed. We have The Mountain of Fire Football Club, Ifeanyi Ubah FC, and Remo stars. You can support these clubs because they churn out EPL like football week in, week out.

Nigerian Stadiums are safe

Many Nigerians have the mindset that whenever they visit the stadium, they will be harassed and waylaid. This is in the past. They are now safe because it is now incumbent on clubs to provide security for fans and players alike.

We will support our own

Nigerians don’t seem to support their own. Like they have a knack for foreign products, it is the same for football. Even the Nigerian Super Eagles team is coached by a foreigner. We stop watching the premier league and support the Nigerian league by going to stadiums to watch their favorite Nigerian club.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/5-reasons-nigerians-should-stop.html

U CANT COMPARE EPL TO THAT THING CAL NPL.THEIR JERSEY,STADIUM ARE NOTING TO TALK ABOUT.ARSENAL4EVER
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Codes151(m): 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2017
Go and sleep! Fake poster! Change your sex to male jare, u won't gain anything pretending to be a female! N try taking a nap when your jobless Cuz it helps! Useless post
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by teamsynergy: 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
freshcvvs:

Swear on your life that no good pitch in the npfl, swear that all you typed are true.

Why una dey always lie against una own? You see why you are not progressing as a person ? Because you are against your country's progress.
so becos dia is one gud pitch I shud go an call wizkid?... dis is y u r backward as a person and y ur likes r dragging Naija backward.. always celebrating mediocrity .... wud u compare naija league to sa, Egypt or tunisian league..... do dey even play night matches here...... u just spewing thrash.... kid go do ur home work
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by freshcvvs: 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
teamsynergy:

so becos dia is one gud pitch I shud go an call wizkid?... dis is y u r backward as a person and y ur likes r dragging Naija backward.. always celebrating mediocrity .... wud u compare naija league to sa, Egypt or tunisian league..... do dey even play night matches here...... u just spewing thrash.... kid go do ur home work

No! All the 20 stadiums used for league matches are fit and in good condition. If you think otherwise, counter me with the pictures of the bad stadiums and shut me up forever.

I await your bravery.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by anyicash(m): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lastly you have no reason.
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by jojothaiv(m): 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2017
"You now see a Nigerian League Player scoring a hat-trick"
With this remark, i bet OP is joker!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by chinex276(m): 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
the day buhari will go to sambisa for holiday I will start watching NPFL...
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Tobium1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
seguno2:

If you are given a map, will you know how to get to Manchester?

Come and beat me
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by LoveJesus87(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
The quality of the camera sef go tire you. Besides its not bad watching epl since africans feature in them too
2MP camera grin
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by yedidiah(m): 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
The incidence that happened on the opening day of the NPFL in the match between Kano Pillars and Ifeanyi Ubah among other ugly incidence, is enough to discredit this whole write up.

I used to be a huge fan of the Nigeria League and support the great Ranch bees of Kaduna. But an incidence I had at the Ranch bees Stadium( now Kaduna township stadium) in a match between Ranch bees and Kaduna United years ago is one that I cannot forget and has made me cautious when it comes to Nigeria football.

Though I follow the league as much as I can, but outside ranch bees, I haven't supported any team and cannot.

Mind you, the excitement of the EPL, is incomparable. Do you know the organisers of the Bundesliga and even French league, have not becareful when arranging league fixtures so that it doesn't clash with EPL else, they may not have much TV and even stadium followership?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Numericals: 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
OP, how about those wicked moves of Hazard (especially against Arsenal)? Will I get to see them?
Just asking!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Erngie(f): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
LoveJesus87:
2MP camera grin
lol
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by ebenholer(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
but epl and npl are both good to watch...we should not be biased about this
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by ogasman(m): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
only home must win.

under 2.5 goals naijA twale
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by AyamBlaze: 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
OP

Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Erngie(f): 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
Martin124:
eh eh,,,nor go injure oooO!!!I nor wan hear say u get injury ooo,,,,which team u dey support??
your team na
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Erngie(f): 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
freshcvvs:

Do you lie for a living? The same supersport showing EPL is the one showing npfl and same camera is used. Grow up bloody liar.
Lol @do I lie for a living..
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
your team na
my team!!!I see,,,,I hail u!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
So I should leave Liverpool fc and support Kano pillars?
issokai
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by ponti93(m): 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lol... Lol... @op what are trying to say cos i am not understanding... Npl... Where home win is sure? U dn mean it... Npl dat is so boring... Infact eh...
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by mastar111: 9:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
NPF HELL *in afonja tongue * grin
Re: 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League by Erngie(f): 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Martin124:
my team!!!I see,,,,I hail u!!!
. Lol. I like Barcelona--msn, I like Chelsea--hazard, Willian,etc, I like manU--mourinho, mata, zlatan,etc. I don't like arsenal but I support them at times cos of Walcott and oxlade-chamberl and iwobi... I like man city--guardiola, aguero, iheanacho, etc. I like real Madrid--jamez Rodriguez, benzema, Ronaldo, I like athletico madrid--simeone, Tores and that shot France guy(I've forgotten his name)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Swansea Vs Manchester United (0 - 4) On 19th August 2017 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (2 - 1 ) On 7th August 2020 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea : Carabao Cup (5 -4) On Pens On 29th Sept 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.