Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) (71697 Views)

Man Assaulted By Soldier At Dangote Fertilizer, Left With Swollen Eye / Residents Flee Community In Rivers State After Killing Of Soldiers. Photos / Man Poses With Don Wanny's Corpse After Being Killed By Soldiers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
the guy no gree commot the camo LOL

My thought exactly. Very funny guy
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Pascalin90: 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
Maybe he desires to be a soldier but his unfortunate condition denied him the dream.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Erngie(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lol. u no him hair
eosigwe:
I don know say e go one of this sturbborn beggars. Him nickname fit be general or major. I sabi there type well enough. Them too dey ginger.One don jinjer me for Ibadan before. I surprise. I leave am waka. Becos I confuse.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Erngie(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Abi o. he's now a celebrity
bluice2:

Something that finally won him the lottery at the end of the saga grin
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by 12345baba(m): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
Saving there face
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Erngie(f): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

It's in him, Gallant spirit
I'm telling you. the guy looks stubborn
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by teeghurl(f): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
So nobody deem it fit to change his wheelchair, so so pictures they r taking. Nonsense and ingredient

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
For those of you who are so ignorant to think or believe that wearing of camo.or nigerian Army uniform by a civilian is a crime, now you see? That it is not, was never a CRIME! You guys are ignorant of you basic rights

You are free to wear camo so go! Ahead and wear camo!
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by lonelydora: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
BrutalJab:
Useless Animals called Nigerian Army.

May BH finish all of you animals

You are mean.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
d guy liver strong
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
SmartyPants:

The issue is that in Nigeria criminals have been using the army uniform to commit crimes and get away with it. That is why you are asked not to put it on, and assumed to be a criminal if and when you do.

The soldiers were so unprofessional. They were out to intimidate and assault him which they did.
If they suspected him of being up to something, I think they should've invited police to pick him up, check his id details and query where he got the camo from. It was wrong to beat him up. They solved and achieved nothing by doing that.

They should've at least gathered more info about him and possibly his phone if need be. Irrespective of his disability, someone like him can pose serious security threat all because a lot of people would least suspect he is up to something but smashing him in the middle of the road to show off strength is cowardly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
adedayourt:

Now let us assume such person who wears the uniform without being a soldier is actually a criminal, does that give the soldier the right to dehumanise such person in public?
Why is their a justice system in place?

I strongly bliv the nig army is power intoxicated against civilian

Its complicated issue. I am not in support of violence by soldiers though so don't get me wrong.

Now what the law says is do not put on camouflage of any kind. So if you get beaten up for wearing camouflage, you will recall that "he who goes to Equity must go with clean hands".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by johnstar(m): 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
the guy no gree commot the camo LOL

U go buy jeans for am?
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by omenkaLives(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
Power of social media! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
For those of you who are so ignorant to think or believe that wearing of camo.or nigerian Army uniform by a civilian is a crime, now you see? That it is not, was never a CRIME! You guys are ignorant of you basic rights

You are free to wear camo so go! Ahead and wear camo!

It is actually against the law to do that. This man's case is different. His disability made the difference. Nigeria Army should educate their personnel though.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Babzilla:

Hahahaha deep inside they wish they could kick his ass some more..

Er..... does that mean I can now wear my camo shorts ... please undecided
yes! It means you can! It was never a crime anyway, it's just that most nigerians don't know this i wear camo every time no one has ever harrased me be brave enough to have an argument with any officer who tries to intimidate you
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by youngsahito(m): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
where is the gift?
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by stonemind(f): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
benzics:
To actually think some r.etards supported the assault of this young man, is really disturbing, and shows how backwards people can be these days..

NO ONE, I repeat no one, disabled or not should be punished for wearing the military camo.. What's so special about the camo? Absolutely nothing! Wearing it only shows your love for the military, the useless military should be happy the citizens support them..

Did we force any of these idiots into the military? Why are they taking their anger out on innocent civilians as if we owe them sh-t?? I still remember a time I witnessed the beating of three military men by angry mobs, I was so happy, let them see and feel how it is to be beaten...

Wearing the camo is not wrong! The military need to be really re-oriented!

boss just try wear am go outside
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
gbosaa:

The soldiers were so unprofessional. They were out to intimidate and assault him which they did.
If they suspected him of being up to something, I think they should've invited police to pick him up, check his id details and query where he got the camo from. It was wrong to beat him up. They solved and achieved nothing by doing that.

They should've at least gathered more info about him and possibly his phone if need be. Irrespective of his disability, someone like him can pose serious security threat all because a lot of people would least suspect he is up to something but smashing him in the middle of the road to show off strength is cowardly.

I agree in this instance those boys did not act well at all. That was definitely uncalled for and barbarous.

I am only making a general point about the camouflage issue.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Olubukola16(f): 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
What a pity embarassed! It's most likely it's his ambition to join the military but, his condition didn't allow him. The guy no gree comot the camo sef grin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by tutudesz: 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
gbosaa:

we never saw how the whole thing started in the 1st place,may he was rude or said something to them to result in such treatment. No soldier is that heartless.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
gbosaa:

It is actually against the law to do that. This man's case is different. His disability made the difference. Nigeria Army should educate their personnel though.
i don't think it is against the law, could you please quote the act for me were it is in the nigerian law and constitution and if it is the law there will never be any exeptions the law would apply to every nigerian including the cripple
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Getintouch2004(m): 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
benzics:
To actually think some r.etards supported the assault of this young man, is really disturbing, and shows how backwards people can be these days..

NO ONE, I repeat no one, disabled or not should be punished for wearing the military camo.. What's so special about the camo? Absolutely nothing! Wearing it only shows your love for the military, the useless military should be happy the citizens support them..

Did we force any of these idiots into the military? Why are they taking their anger out on innocent civilians as if we owe them sh-t?? I still remember a time I witnessed the beating of three military men by angry mobs, I was so happy, let them see and feel how it is to be beaten...

Wearing the camo is not wrong! The military need to be really re-oriented!

Continue, your own de come
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
yes! It means you can! It was never a crime anyway, it's just that most nigerians don't know this i wear camo every time no one has ever harrased me be brave enough to have an argument with any officer who tries to intimidate you
Errr. actually its in the law bro
U cant wear it but maybe we can start a.movement
MFTDOWCABC
Movement for the decriminalization of wearing camo among bloody civilians
You wil be the president Ill be the secret.ary general wink
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by nnowu(f): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ist time am seeing the Nigerian Army make sense,kudos!
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by frisky2good(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
This guy get mind o. He still wear the camo go greet them.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
Babzilla:

Errr. actually its in the law bro
U cant wear it but maybe we can start a.movement
MFTDOWCABC
Movement for the decriminalization of wearing camo among bloody civilians
You wil be the president Ill be the secret.ary general wink
please do quote the act were it is in nigerian law? If you know what you are talking about? If you can not then i suggest you go and find out.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
SmartyPants:

Its complicated issue. I am not in support of violence by soldiers though so don't get me wrong.

Now what the law says is do not put on camouflage of any kind. So if you get beaten up for wearing camouflage, you will recall that "he who goes to Equity must go with clean hands".

If the law says one sudnt put on camou of any kind, does the law says the punishment for it is public beating?

Dats wer I av issh with dem equity or no equity
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by tutudesz: 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
you were brave and luck to have an argument with a fake officer, I repeat a fake officer.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by yedidiah(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
302!! I really have fun memories of that place.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
please do quote the act were it is in nigerian law? If you know what you are talking about
Err..... someone put it up hear. Cant remeber bit abt 2 peeps confirmed it.
That shouldnt stop our activisim though
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Erngie(f): 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
johnstar:

U go buy jeans for am?
him get other clothes na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Stripped And Beaten For Stealing Phone (Pics, Video) / Police Arrest Cultists During Meeting In Abuja (Photo) / Why Babakaka Shehu Ngorg Was Killed By Uzonna Maduabuchi, His Fellow Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.