Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) (71689 Views)

Man Assaulted By Soldier At Dangote Fertilizer, Left With Swollen Eye / Residents Flee Community In Rivers State After Killing Of Soldiers. Photos / Man Poses With Don Wanny's Corpse After Being Killed By Soldiers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
tutudesz:

you were brave and luck to have an argument with a fake officer, I repeat a fake officer.
okay! If you say so, you do not have to believe me, but like i ve mentioned be brave enough to challenge any officer who tries to intimidate you to quote the act in nigerian law were it says wearing a camo is a crime. Then you will be surprised
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
cool
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
Babzilla:

Err..... someone put it up hear. Cant remeber bit abt 2 peeps confirmed it.
That shouldnt stop our activisim though
well... i think you will find that your argument have been flawed if you fail to back it up with and shred of prove tongue
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by tutudesz: 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
Babzilla:

Err..... someone put it up hear. Cant remeber bit abt 2 peeps confirmed it.
That shouldnt stop our activisim though
the military said stop putting on camp because 80% of criminals use it to commit crimes. for those saying in other countries they are allow to wear camo criminals do not use it to robbed,its for!our own benefit if we stop to be enable to identify real military person and fake.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by louqas: 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
adedayourt:

Now let us assume such person who wears the uniform without being a soldier is actually a criminal, does that give the soldier the right to dehumanise such person in public?
Why is their a justice system in place?

I strongly bliv the nig army is power intoxicated against civilian

Many time atrocities have been committed by imposters in military uniform and that has given the military and other forces whose uniform are abused a bad image . Besides its a criminal offence to wear it according to law.

Whether those who violate the law should be beaten, why would a civilian want to wear military uniform if they aren't up to any mischief? That crippled guy looks like someone who will be scamming people with that uniform probably claiming he got injured in war.

Forget about fashion copied from cable TV when it comes to impersonating a military police or paramilitary officer its a criminal offence.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by RaptorX: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
I wear my camo anytime I am in Naija still waiting for the baga who is going to harass me.

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by tutudesz: 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
okay! If you say so, you do not have to believe me, but like i ve mentioned be brave enough to challenge any officer who tries to intimidate you to quote the act in nigerian law were it says wearing a camo is a crime. Then you will be surprised
how can you tell between military check point and fake check point,if everybody's is allow to wear camo? criminals mostly wear camo to robbed!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by DeKen: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lots of victimization by the Army go unreported.
If there was no picture/video evidence, this would have been one of such that would be denied.
Big ups for technology.
But when taking the evidence, be careful not to be seen. Your story may be worse if you live to share it.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2017
tutudesz:

the military said stop putting on camp because 80% of criminals use it to commit crimes. for those saying in other countries they are allow to wear camo criminals do not use it to robbed,its for!our own benefit if we stop to be enable to identify real military person and fake.
exactly! This is the reason why not because it is a crime to wear camo as most nigerians believe other countries citizens wear it as a sign of partriotism but nigerians wear it to commit crimes
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
louqas:

Many time atrocities have been committed by imposters in military uniform and that has given the military and other forces whose uniform are abused a bad image . Besides its a criminal offence to wear it according to law.

Whether those who violate the law should be beaten, why would a civilian want to wear military uniform if they aren't up to any mischief? That crippled guy looks like someone who will be scamming people with that uniform probably claiming he got injured in war.

Forget about fashion copied from cable TV when it comes to impersonating a military police or paramilitary officer its a criminal offence.

It's a criminal offence to wear camou. Accepted!! !

Wen the law mkes it an offence
Wat is the punishment to b metted on offended as put by same law

Why sud any soldier accept it to b an offence and decide to put d law into der hands
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Tripleb: 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
Shey he don enter army be that ni...but I blv in treating others as we wld to ourselves not minding their incapacities!
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by EMROUJ(m): 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
EternalTruths:
Demote those soldiers by 3 ranks
i think expulsion is the best idea. ..
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by omoharry(f): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
BrutalJab:
Useless Animals called Nigerian Army.

May BH finish all of you animals
HABA! that prayer too harsh ooo!..sey you know sey if boko boys finish our armies na we be next?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Claumy2(m): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
Men of the Nigerian army are known for assault, molestation, rape and killing of innocent people residing in Nigeria..

Is either they use gun or 'koboko' or bomb or any other means available as far as it shall inflict injury and or result to dealt of whoever thier victim may be.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
tutudesz:

how can you tell between military check point and fake check point,if everybody's is allow to wear camo? criminals mostly wear camo to robbed!
Good question! You can tell by challenging the fake or real officer to show you an ID and insist on following them to their office if you are been arrested even if you are in the wrong don't just accept to settle outside their office most nigerians commit some sort of crime hence they are alwsys afraid to follow to the office and find out their basic rights thereby settling at the roadside, look! I know is sounds scary that's why used the word BRAVE! grin you can never know until you have tried
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
tutudesz:

you were brave and luck to have an argument with a fake officer, I repeat a fake officer.

Dude, it's a offence to wear military camo in Nigeria o. A guy posted it here on Nairaland with glaring evidence from the Nigerian Constitution. That thread even made front page
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
lipsrsealed
Omagzee:

Dude, it's a offence to wear military camo in Nigeria o. A guy posted it here on Nairaland with glaring evidence from the Nigerian Constitution. That thread even made front page
show us then or .... lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by excomarow(m): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
the guy no gree commot the camo LOL
as in ehn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Erngie:
the guy no gree commot the camo LOL

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Close your eyes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Jaabioro(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
EternalTruths:
Demote those soldiers by 3 ranks
Dem no get rank. Wetin u wan demote.. just punish the mother fuxker
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
lipsrsealed show us then or .... lipsrsealed

I have been searching for that thread even before I mentioned you. I just can't seem to find it.

Modified.
See the thread: www.nairaland.com/3509463/criminal-code-act-banning-civilians
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by tutudesz: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
Good question! You can tell by challenging the fake or real officer to show you an ID and insist on following them to their office if you are been arrested even if you are in the wrong don't just accept to settle outside their office most nigerians commit some sort of crime hence their afraid to follow to the office thereby settling at the roadside, look! I know is sounds scary that's why used the word BRAVE! grin

but how can you tell? only a real solider will show his ID card,while the fake one will robbed you here if you are luck. there are case were people put on camo to enter free bus in Lagos. after all just this week we hear how 2 police lost their life after a shootout with people wearing police uniform in Delta
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by tectonotimes: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
Are those soldiers brainless.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by holythug(m): 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
BH supporter, you say?
BrutalJab:
Useless Animals called Nigerian Army.

May BH finish all of you animals

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by tutudesz: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
Omagzee:

its not in the Constitution! but its an offence. So many law are not back by the constitution but they are laws. Even civil defence were told to stop wearing camo too.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
Section 110 & 111 of Nigeria Criminal Code Act states;

Any person who- Unlawfully wearing the uniform of forces, etc. L.N. 112 of 1964. 1967 No. 27.

(1) not being a person serving in any of the armed forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform or any part of the uniform of such forces, or any the armed dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of such uniforms; or

(2) not being a person holding any office or authority under the Government of Nigeria or of any part thereof, wears any uniform or distinctive badge or mark or carries any token calculated to convey the impression that such person holds any office or authority under the government;

is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for one month, or to a fine of ten naira, unless he proves that he had the permission of the President or of the Governor of a State or wear such uniform or dress, badge or mark or to carry such token:

Provided that this section shall not apply to the wearing of any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play or in any bona fide public entertainment.

111. Any person who sells or gives any uniform, or part of a or any dress, badge or mark, as in the last preceding section mentioned, to any person who is not authorised to wear the same, is guilty of an offence and is liable to the penalties prescribed in the said section.

Section 251 of the Constitution also states;

Any person who, not being a person serving in any of the armed or police forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform of any of these forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform, in such manner or in such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt on that uniform, or employs any other person so to wear such uniform or dress, is guilty of a simple offence, and is liable to imprisonment for three months or to a fine of forty naira.
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
tutudesz:

but how can you tell? only a real solider will show his ID card,while the fake one will robbed you here if you are luck. there are case were people put on camo to enter free bus in Lagos. after all just this week we hear how 2 police lost their life after a shootout with people wearing police uniform in Delta
yes! You are right the fake ones will run and the real ones will show you and ID and because criminals use it and even real officers use it to rob that's why civilians are banned to wear camo. Not that it is a crime again i mention BRAVE! You ve gat to be! To find out
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by ephi123(f): 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
The power of social media. I am impressed the NA addressed this. Kudos to them.

Hopefully that soldier was truly disciplined and not just hearsay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2017
Its actually illegal in nigeria and some other countries..even in india i think..the issue I have is the treatment doled out to offenders..lol
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
tutudesz:

its not in the Constitution! but its an offence. So many law are not back by the constitution but they are laws. Even civil defence were told to stop wearing camo too.

Yes, you are right. This issue was addressed in the Nigerian Criminal Act code. See this thread

www.nairaland.com/3509463/criminal-code-act-banning-civilians
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
Omagzee:

I have been searching for that thread even before I mentioned you. I just can't seem to find it.
undecided undecided well.. i think you know what that means, not that i am calling you a lier grin
Re: Nigerian Army Meets Crippled Man Assaulted In Onitsha By Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
gypsey:
yes! It means you can! It was never a crime anyway, it's just that most nigerians don't know this i wear camo every time no one has ever harrased me be brave enough to have an argument with any officer who tries to intimidate you
The day you get unlucky ehn, those animals will beat the life crap out of you bro. Your bravery will amount to nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Student Of Delta Polytechnic Ozoro Killed By Ritualist (Graphic Photos) / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! / Wife Serves Her Husband Indian Hemp At His Workplace (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.