Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,926 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

"Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) (5565 Views)

Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? / Primate Belonwu Ezeanyaeche: Atiku Can't Be President Even If He Contests 20 Tim / The Devil Was The Cause Of All That Happened To You, God Wanted A Perfect Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by mrmrmister: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
chiedu7:
Seun, Atheists & Other Religions.

It is not on record that anyother God can heal the way Jesus does.

Mohammed himself is not in heaven, as he himself said he does not know what will happen to him.

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)".

Jesus on the other hand went to heaven in the full view of everybody.

Acts 1 (KJV)
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Now if Jesus went to heaven in the view of everybody and mohammed does not know his destination,
then it means that Jesus is far superior.

Not only that, only Jesus heals.

So we all need to follow Jesus.

Most crucially, Jesus lives and mohammed is dead.

A dead man cannot help you, Jesus can because He is ALIVE

What the flying fuck_ do you mean by
" jesus went to heaven in the full view of EVERYBODY" ?
Everybody? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by chiedu7: 11:39pm On Feb 11, 2017
mrmrmister:

What the flying fuck_ do you mean by
" jesus went to heaven in the full view of EVERYBODY" ?
Everybody? undecided

It say's clearly that Jesus went up in the full view of them.

Acts 1 (KJV)
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Thats why Jesus is coming again, He is alive.
Mohammed meanwhile is dead so cannot comeback to earth, but will rise to stand before Jesus.
Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by mrmrmister: 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
chiedu7:

It say's clearly that Jesus went up in the full view of them.

Acts 1 (KJV)

Thats why Jesus is coming again, He is alive.
Mohammed meanwhile is dead so cannot comeback to earth, but will rise to stand before Jesus.

IT SAYS.
That's what was written, so stop acting like you witnessed it.
Okay? smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by chiedu7: 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
mrmrmister:

IT SAYS.
Okay? smiley

well it's written so it happened.

My God cannot lie.

Titus 1:2
..which God, that cannot lie, ....
Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by Zodiac61(m): 12:47am On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
When Tim Minchin, an outspoken comedian, atheist and musician, asked his friend Sam for evidence of the existence of God, he was not prepared for a good answer. To the atheist's shame, Sam told him the story of his mom who was diagnosed with an irreversible eye condition which required surgery. She told her church about it, and after they prayed, she went back to the doctors and they could not find any evidence that she ever had the condition she was diagnosed of earlier. Tim Minchin was really moved by Sam's testimony, so he wrote this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yqGSwE7uNk

What a lovely song.
And all the Christians here still do not get sarcasm.
Oh well, I am sure that they all pray to their particular God.
Wait, your miracle is on its way. I just pray you don't have wait forever. grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by jonbellion(m): 1:02am On Feb 12, 2017
chiedu7:

well it's written so it happened.

My God cannot lie.

Titus 1:2
..which God, that cannot lie, ....

chaii
What kind of circular reasoning is this
The delusion is strong on this one

1 Like

Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by jonbellion(m): 1:04am On Feb 12, 2017
mrmrmister:

IT SAYS.
Okay? smiley
that moniker tire me oo
Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by chiedu7: 2:44am On Feb 12, 2017
jonbellion:
chaii
What kind of circular reasoning is this
The delusion is strong on this one
Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by Chidexter(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2017
All I know is that it was said, Satan and his angels were cast on earth where they shall rule till Christ comes.

You are expecting all pains, sorrows, problems, sicknesses e. T. C to vanish? Do you not know Satan rules the earth. God almighty is the solemn ruler of the universe in its entirety and that is why we wait for the coming of Christ.

You do not expect problems to vanish, that's like paradise which is not yet to come.
You say to yourself, nah, that's bullshit but I tell you. What defines A God? One who does what he wants or one who does all and everything people wants?.

God owes no one an explanation, he doesn't.
That is why he gave you and I free will, do whatever and whatsoever you wish and want, he never forces you to do to his own Accord.

Atheists are so obsessed with God much more than religious people and that's a fact. They say it's all balderdash, I choose not to argue. For in our lives, many have changed from atheism to devoted Christians and many have also changed from being Christians to Atheist, that is the circle of life

Same way people choose to kill and those who don't.
For Atheist say, there is no heaven or he'll, whether there is or not, we shall know. But if that's what their bases for not believing in God lies there's no need to talk about it.

The Bible is God's word written by Men, and as man, we are all susceptible to mistakes and rebranding and twisting some words......

As for me am a proud Christian, bring five evidences that there is no God, and someone else would bring a thousand and one reasons why there is.
You believe in the big bang theory, putting emphasis on chance, a chance so preposterous and impossible, and yet they say they do not need proofs.....
Sufferings and tribulations would never stop, until Christ comes that's the way it would remain, you mock the Bible all you want, you say it's logic well it's your choice. One who sets on a journey but his filled with negativity shouldn't expect to see any positive occurrence on his journey.

As mere mortals we all would die, that's a certainty, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Atheists, Judaists that's the ultimate sacrifice everyone must pay.

So if you feel, you can't be religious, ha, these Christians have too many doctrines, ha, so many laws, ha so many teachings, ha, can't one just live his life the way he wants?. All these you say, thus another reason you believe there is no God.

Free Will my friend is the greatest gift given to man. For in d days of Adam, God didn't interrupt them from eating from d evil fruit, did he?. Whatever you sow, you shall reap.

For God is not a respecter of persons, he owes no one an explanation. It's one thing saying I believe there is no God, it's another smiting, cursing, mocking, God and those who believe in him.... Sadly some Christians also commit this mistake

So the Atheists, say, everyone believes in Allah, Jesus, God almighty, Aztecs believe in theirs, Hindus believe in krishna and what have you. They say which then is the real God,...... time shall tell......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by Impecca(m): 10:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Pls Mr. Seun, why am I seeing this..

"You can't do that now, Please try again in few hours". on the NYSC thread i created Pls help me. (Impecca).
Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:58am On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:
When Tim Minchin, an outspoken comedian, atheist and musician, asked his friend Sam for evidence of the existence of God, he was not prepared for a good answer. To the atheist's shame, Sam told him the story of his mom who was diagnosed with an irreversible eye condition which required surgery. She told her church about it, and after they prayed, she went back to the doctors and they could not find any evidence that she ever had the condition she was diagnosed of earlier. Tim Minchin was really moved by Sam's testimony, so he wrote this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yqGSwE7uNk (Read The Lyrics)

Mocking God would change anything...when the time comes to attend to your case he will show up swiftly...when you least expected it.

Maybe you think using your platform will change people's mind about God...think again, you failed. The devil has been labouring day and night to achieve this same agenda for ages but more and more people are still getting saved...you can't beat that.

Continue to labour in vain. Salvation is a personal issue, just because you have not experienced it doesn't mean people are not experiencing it.

You can force a horse to the stream but you can't force the horse to drink from it...the decision to be saved and not to be saved is up to you, it's your life...when the time comes to face the repercussion of your actions comes you will face it alone.

We all agree in plus and minus and the opposite of everything, we agree in good and evil, we agree in course and effect, we agree in creation and destruction, we agree in light and darkness, we agree on evil and good, we agree in a creator and a destroyer but when it comes to God and the Devil we disagree...does that make any sense?
Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
KingOfAmebo:
Mocking God would change anything...when the time comes to attend to your case he will show up swiftly...when you least expected it.
If God exists, then he has the greatest sense of humor and is more mature than anyone. Tim's song would just make him laugh; nothing more.

You know how people just start laughing when tiny dogs are trying to be aggressive? That's the attitude you'd expect from an almighty being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

You know how people just start laughing when tiny dogs are trying to be aggressive? That's the attitude you'd expect from an almighty being.

Probably, it depends on what amuses him.
Re: "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) by realmindz: 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun:

If God exists, then he has the greatest sense of humor and is more mature than anyone. Tim's song would just make him laugh; nothing more.

Lol, just imagine a whole almighty Yaweh who created the universe. He is supposedly ageless at least yaweh should be over 14 billion years old, then getting furious, daring and threatning mere mortals who are barely 100 years old grin.

Funniest of it all, Yaweh the ageless one shall fight a final battle, he shall come riding horses with his armies of angels and chariots down to earth to war against these mere mortals he supposedly created.

This battle shall take place in a very insignificant portion of the universe, in one tiny galaxy among several billion other galaxies, and in one tiny planet earth among several billion stars in that galaxy....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ur Opinion On Ipad Replacing Bible / Nature Is Fast Exposing The Men Of Yahweh / About Death: Inviting: DeepSight, Thehomer, Ihedinobi, Reyginus, Kay 17 etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.