Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration (35880 Views)

Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo / Gabriel Igbinedion's 83rd Birthday Celebration In Pictures / Photos From Ooni Ogunwusi's 42nd Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by dangotesmummy: 1:01am On Feb 11, 2017
Lmao no wonder the whole family is orobo.just look at the high amount of cholesterol in front of them. Meanwhile in their minds they're enjoying. grin

Awon orobo oshi grin

See that one's arms like my grandmas laps
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Raiders: 2:35am On Feb 11, 2017
O0ni:

What is with this 'Princess' appelation nonsense?

Every royal compound has just one prince or a princess at one time, a position the person holds till they pass.

No one goes about calling themself prince/ss or 'omo oba' in Ife, it is mutinuous and frowned at. It is synonymous to wishing the person who holds the position at the compound death.

These Ogunwusi sisters have been bandying this princess bullshet all over FB since coronation for relevance angry
I tire for the lady calling herself princess when her father was never a king in Ife. she just like the title. 45 yrs old woman behaving like a young girl
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Chinagurum1995(m): 4:02am On Feb 11, 2017
Happy birthday Princess Adesola may Almighty God bless your birthday in Jesus name, Amen God bless the Yoruba royal family and God bless the Yoruba land and God bless Nigeria and Africa grin

Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by decancool: 5:35am On Feb 11, 2017
Lols
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by sannieday: 6:46am On Feb 11, 2017
[quote author=O0ni post=53602228].

What is with this 'Princess' appelation nonsense?

Every royal compound has just one prince or a princess at one time, a position the person holds till they pass.

No one goes about calling themself prince/ss or 'omo oba' in Ife, it is mutinuous and frowned at. It is synonymous to wishing the person who holds the position at the compound death.
Are you from Ile-Ife??
These Ogunwusi sisters have been bandying this princess bullshet all over FB since coronation for relevance Are u from ile Ife?
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Kingbuhari(m): 7:04am On Feb 11, 2017
does it mean there is no poor ppl in ife ..... afonjas and owambe obsession TUFIAKWA
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by wickedworld: 7:06am On Feb 11, 2017
soberdrunk:
Somebody needs to recommend a 'royal' gymn for the royal family angry angry

Crazy grin
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by jbhill(m): 7:17am On Feb 11, 2017
MAKE I TALK?
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by shegoly(m): 7:37am On Feb 11, 2017
konkonbilo:
Is it ur bleaching If e tu pain you go rub dem with charcoal tongue
i love this comment......hahahaha........afonja on top
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Tynasparks(f): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2017
Mayflowa:

You want ask of her husband abi?
lipsrsealed
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Horlawale1(m): 8:55am On Feb 11, 2017
Where first wife self.....

This life self lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2017
sannieday:
Are u from ile Ife?

Yes.
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by vivavik(f): 12:09pm On Feb 11, 2017
soberdrunk:
Somebody needs to recommend a 'royal' gymn for the royal family angry angry
kai! Nigerians, u guys have acidic mouths.
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by ceejay4real(m): 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2017
Arewa12:
This oni wife tooks 2 old self

The Ooni no get taste I swear! The girl he chose as his Queen not only does she have a questionable background/character but also damn too old! Na wa ooh! That Wuraola of a lady must have used Indian charm on him!
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
O0ni:

Yes.
And who qualifies to be called prince or princess in such families?
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by vinceendowed(m): 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
Happy birthday to her, I have seen her once before...she was been scammed her facebook was hijacked, email was hijacked, the scammer chatted with her friends and families and request for help, the worst thing they did was that they withdrew the total sum of 1 million Naira from her account, she came to my cyber cafe that day panicking, I never know she is even a sister to my King....Age with grace Ma
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
Vorpal:

And who qualifies to be called prince or princess in such families?

First, are you from Ife or should I ask what informs your interest in Ife's socio-cultural arrangement?

There are 4 royal houses.

Each royal house has offshoots usually started by offsprings of about 2 to 3 generations away from the founders of the royal houses.

Each offshoot, though many, have offshoots by their children who go to start up houses under the name of their father who was an Ooni.

This created a proliferation of royal houses in Ile-Ife and consequently, too many princes and princesses.

The system is then designed that, each of this main houses, the offshoots & sub-offshoots pressnt/have one prince or princess at a time that represents it & only this person qualifies to vie for the position of Ooni when there's vacancy.

The position of prince/ss is something that requires coronation and rites, being born of royal compound or ancestry is not enough.
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
O0ni:

First, are you from Ife or should I ask what informs your interest in Ife's socio-cultural arrangement?

There are 4 royal houses.

Each royal house has offshoots usually started by offsprings of about 2 to 3 generations away from the founders of the royal houses.

Each offshoot, though many, have offshoots by their children who go to start up houses under the name of their father who was an Ooni.

This created a proliferation of royal houses in Ile-Ife and consequently, too many princes and princesses.

The system is then designed that, each of this main houses, the offshoots & sub-offshoots pressnt/have one prince or princess at a time that represents it & only this person qualifies to vie for the position of Ooni when there's vacancy.

The position of prince/ss is something that requires coronation and rites, being born of royal compound or ancestry is not enough.

But when the current Ooni was to be elected,about 40 or so names were submitted. And i read that his father went to implore his elder brother to bequeath the throne to him?

That system makes sense but i have not heard of it The only thing close to that have heard is the olori ebi title.

To your first question,just curious.
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
Vorpal:

But when the current Ooni was to be elected,about 40 or so names were submitted. And i read that his father went to implore his elder brother to bequeath the throne to him?

That system makes sense but i have not heard of it The only thing close to that have heard is the olori ebi title.

To your first question,just curious.

About 35 people showed interest in the throne.

I don't know if his brother was implored, I can't speak on that as it borders around divination/spirituality.

Before the Ooni was crowned, he initiated into the circle of prines & princesses who are called Sooko.
Ooni's brother was recently initiated into the circle and his position is that of the head of all princes & princess - Ooni's confidant.
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
O0ni:

About 35 people showed interest in the throne.

I don't know if his brother was implored, I can't speak on that as it borders around divination/spirituality.

Before the Ooni was crowned, he initiated into the circle of prines & princesses who are called Sooko.
Ooni's brother was recently initiated into the circle and his position is that of the head of all princes & princess - Ooni's confidant

Oh i see. Not to bother you with too many questions. Does it have to be his brother or any other blue blood suffices?
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
Vorpal:

Oh i see. Not to bother you with too many questions. Does it have to be his brother or any other blue blood suffices?

Any other blood suffices as long as the person is from a royal compound and there's Sooko vacancy. In most cases, it is usually from the compound of the Ooni on the throne as this person represents Ooni in certain cases.
Re: Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration by Arewa12: 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
ceejay4real:

The Ooni no get taste I swear! The girl he chose as his Queen not only does she have a questacter but also damn too old! Na wa ooh! That Wuraola of a lady must have used Indian charm on him!

I was thinking I was the only that took note... This one heavy jazz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Celebrates His Daughter, Maryam On Her Birthday (Photos) / Igbo Writing / The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.