Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Nairaland Should Have Data Center - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Should Have Data Center (2001 Views)

Nairaland Should Switch To Python/django. Opinion / Nairaland Should Share Ads Income With Regular Content Creators Like Youtube / A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Should Have Data Center by adenuga558(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Am suggesting nairaland to have there own data center by now, to keep all user from login out
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Seun(m): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
Did you get logged out recently?
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Flexherbal(m): 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
Respond to the question, above.
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Caracta(f): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Seun:
Did you get logged out recently?

Yes. Every day in the last two weeks. Even until yesterday. I just changed my device. Still observing.

It's getting really tiring.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by funken: 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
Guys, this is the age of the cloud, no need to have a data center for now. It just adds additional layer of cost to Nairaland's operations. Having a data center doesn't mean you will not be logged out when there are technical issues - which could come once in a blue moon.

Probably when it grows as big as Facebook or Google, then it will make commercial and competitive sense to have data centers

cc Seun, caracta

adenuga558:
Am suggesting nairaland to have there own data center by now, to keep all user from login out
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by adenuga558(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
i do get logged out everyday data should help or nairaland programmer should join hand to fix dis issue
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by adenuga558(m): 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
but nairaland is big enough to have DAT i known about data center.
adenuga558:
i do get logged out everyday data should help or nairaland programmer should join hand to fix dis issue
funken:
Guys, this is the age of the cloud, no need to have a data center for now. It just adds additional layer of cost to Nairaland's operations. Having a data center doesn't mean you will not be logged out when there are technical issues - which could come once in a blue moon.

Probably when it grows as big as Facebook or Google, then it will make commercial and competitive sense to have data centers

cc Seun, caracta

Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
You should not be getting logged out every day. Is there a particular page which logs you out when you visit it? Which browser does this?
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by donefezy: 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
You should not be getting logged out every day. Is there a particular page which logs you out when you visit it? Which browser does this?
Yeah, i think the op is right...For the past few weeks, I keep login in over and over again.
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by adenuga558(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
it not my browser it ur site am using uc browser my pc also get log out also
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by engineerboat(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

This happen mostly on google chrome asking for refresh every click
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Seun(m): 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
engineerboat:

This happen mostly on google chrome asking for refresh every click
It should only ask for refresh when you are logging in. Send me a screenshot next time it happens. Does it give an error message?
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Seun(m): 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
donefezy:

Yeah, i think the op is right...For the past few weeks, I keep login in over and over again.
what's your network, device and browser?
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by donefezy: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
what's your network, device and browser?
MTN, INFINIX x551, UC Browser
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Caracta(f): 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
Not just Chrome. Opera mini does that too (on Tecno device)

I just noticed chrome on mtn network, Huawei device, works pretty well and stable.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by engineerboat(m): 11:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
It should only ask for refresh when you are logging in. Send me a screenshot next time it happens. Does it give an error message?

When is submit any comments it log me out, though comments will be submitted, but ive to refresh to be logged in again. Sometimes it brings brings up a small link to click down the page for refresh
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by kiddie(m): 12:48am On Feb 13, 2017
Same here seun getting too annoying
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by silento(m): 1:56am On Feb 13, 2017
am not one of the coders of nairaland
but if you experience logout issues more often try this and thank me later

1. android user : avoid ram cleaners like turbo boost game boost and others of its kind

2. if you are using a third party browser app like opera uc and others

make sure u install it in ur phone memory not SD card to check this

go to settings under apps or manage app find ur browser app and move to phone

if u must install on SD put ur USB mode to mtp

3 . if all of the above failed download uc mini not uc browser I havent seen any browser that beats it in loading nairaland

for pc :

make sure ur pc don't trip off shut it down urself so that the pc can save ur cookies

2. avoid ccleaner and others of this kind if u must use it exclude ur browser data from it cleanup

3 . use Firefox or chrome ,opera uc browser might be the best browser on phone but not pc Firefox and opera are way more simple and satisfying on pc

for iPhone users

I don't own one so sell it and buy android
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Funjosh(m): 6:26am On Feb 13, 2017
silento:
am not one of the coders of nairaland
but if you experience logout issues more often try this and thank me later

1. android user : avoid ram cleaners like turbo boost game boost and others of its kind

2. if you are using a third party browser app like opera uc and others

make sure u install it in ur phone memory not SD card to check this

go to settings under apps or manage app find ur browser app and move to phone

if u must install on SD put ur USB mode to mtp

3 . if all of the above failed download uc mini not uc browser I havent seen any browser that beats it in loading nairaland

for pc :

make sure ur pc don't trip off shut it down urself so that the pc can save ur cookies

2. avoid ccleaner and others of this kind if u must use it exclude ur browser data from it cleanup

3 . use Firefox or chrome ,opera uc browser might be the best browser on phone but not pc Firefox and opera are way more simple and satisfying on pc

for iPhone users

I don't own one so sell it and buy android
not everybody will use android phone you know

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by 0luwatope(m): 11:29am On Feb 13, 2017
Well the last time i got logged out was on jan1, and since then, ive been logged in, even on my lil bro's small tecno phone, its working fine. i think its ur phone , or maybe ur account. If seun wants to fix this, create a new account and see if it still logs out to verify if the problem is with ur account or ur phone, or you try clearing cache and cookies on ur browser, it works atimes. *sorry for my bad writeup comment, i'm typing from a phone that has no clear bvtton*

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by funken: 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
oga you don't just 'know' that. Are you privy to Nairaland's financials?

Most global companies are moving to the cloud - which is cheaper and makes more economic sense. Like i mentioned earlier, by the time you are running at the scale of Facebook and Google, then this is not more about the economics but about competitive advantage and staying a step ahead of the competition. Since the data you have is practically gold - money.

There are so many things that go into a data centre - hardware, software, power (electricity 24/7), cooling and engineers (hardware, software, electrical, mechanical etc etc) which costs a lot of money. If your information is in the cloud, i just pay a monthly fee and all these can be taken care of by the cloud service provider

cc Seun

adenuga558:
but nairaland is big enough to have DAT i known about data center.
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by adenuga558(m): 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
but seun should create small data center and if he continue having much money the he increase d space of data center and for that of engineer he could use DAT to create employment in Nigeria. i wish i am d owner of nairaland
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by engineerboat(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2017
Seun:

As attached below

This happen as i want to quotr your reply now.

I will have to click that show original b4 i can be logged in again

Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Seun(m): 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
Click "show original" next time, or disable the google data saver.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by jidez007: 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
I don't understand the need for a data center. In fact I'm surprised you would suggest that.
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by directonpc(m): 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
engineerboat:

As attached below

This happen as i want to quotr your reply now.

I will have to click that show original b4 i can be logged in again
this clearly have no relationship with nairaland. It's one super buggy feature by Google on the chrome browser. Better disable it.
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by stack1(m): 10:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
Data Center, Kilode, do Peeps know what Data center is? The amount of Electricity, cooling, maintanance invloved.. Chai
NL is hostable on a Powerful load-balanced VPS or dedicated and you dey talk Data-Center, what extreme load does nairaland need 10's or hundreds of servers for to put inside data Center SHU..SMH
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 15, 2017
I dont get logged out everyday though, but i get logged out more often that before.

Before before, I was logged in permanently on nairaland and on different devices too. Ever since this notification of you are logged in on mac osx etc started, it was shortly after that all these complaints of logging out started, left to me, i will say it is a technical glitch, not a data center wahala as such.
Re: Nairaland Should Have Data Center by adenuga558(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2017
k bro dhtml18

(1) (Reply)

Which Laptop Can Be Used For Programming? / Software Companies In Nigeria (internship) / Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.