Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On (13844 Views)

7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car / Top 5 Reasons Why Your Car’s Check Engine Light May Be On / Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On by jesse8048(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Autofreeman:
you should always service your car every 3000km or every 3 months depending on driving condition...

Shud I service base on d kilometers covered or months or color changes of d engine oil. I rarely go up to 6km per day. The longest distance traveled wit d car since den is oyigbo (Rivers) to mbano (Imo).
Re: Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On by ColeworldMD(m): 2:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
Simeony007:

Because it's End of Discussion that's why there is no solution to its problem. Next problem please.
thanks for ur help
Re: Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On by Analyst4: 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
Good interactions so far. Anyway, your check engine light illumination is majorly an indicator light that something has gone wrong with the powertrain of your vehicle which could be any of the aforementioned faults or other. You can also check this at any expert auto diagnosis workshop.
For your auto diagnosis,
Programming of remotes
Programming of spare key
Programming of new key for total list key
Programming of ECU/brain box
Contact yomautolab on 08034208119/whatsapp.
Re: Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On by Autofreeman: 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
hello sir, if your technician has inspected the nozzles and the fuel pump, have them scan the vehicle and /test the car with another brain box (Ecu) before any other parts are loosened...

[quote author=Chynx post=53667468][/quote]
Re: Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On by JESUnifemi4eva: 10:45am On Feb 15, 2017
Good morning Autofreeman,

my car's check engine light has been on for close to a year.

my mechanic scanned it and it gave error code PO456. I have spent so much money on changing the Net/Basket and all sorts...they have serviced the fuel nozzles, the light disappears for two days after servicing and reappears again. I use a Toyota Camry 2007 (muscle) model

Kindly advice please.

Thank you.

Autofreeman:
If your check engine light is on, there’s a good chance it’s for one of these 10 reasons.

Autofreeman.com.ng

9. Faulty Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Purge Solenoid
The purge solenoid is part of the car’s EVAP system and helps control how much fuel vapor escapes into the atmosphere from the car. The purge solenoid is controlled by the engine control module or powertrain control module and operates on a duty cycle and could be partially left open.

8. Faulty Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Purge Control Valve
The purge control valve is part of the car’s EVAP system, and when the engine is running and fully warmed up, the engine computer gradually opens the purge valve to allow some of the fuel vapor to be moved from the charcoal canister to be burned in the engine. If the purge flow is monitored as more or less than expected by the engine’s computer, the check engine light will come on. The purge valves can also get stuck, causing a need to be replaced.

3. faulty or loose Fuel Cap
Fuel caps proved troublesome in 2014, accounting for 7.10 percent of all repairs. Last year, it dropped to fourth place, accounting for only 3.84 percent of repairs. Missing or damaged fuel caps can cost time and money, causing the check engine light to illuminate. If left unchecked, a gas cap issue can cause reduced fuel economy and harm the environment. Luckily it’s a cheap fix.

Always have your vehicle scanned so it will eliminate a lot of these reasons and point you towards the right one...

source:AutoGuide.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Durable Suv / Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.