Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About (13770 Views)

Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles / 21 Car Maintenance Tips That Will Make Your Car Last Longer / 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Godspower35(m): 12:31am On Nov 21, 2019
Owning a car carries a lot of responsibility, you must be responsible not only while driving, but also to ensure that your car is in good working order to minimize the risks of a vehicle accident. Therefore, the following tips will surely be useful for all car owners.

Know your vehicle's fluids

There are several fluids for the car, such as engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid and windshield
washer fluid, among others. Check all the fluids in your vehicle to make sure your car runs smoothly. For example, check your engine oil regularly because it is designed to lubricate, cool and clean your engine. Without enough engine oil, your car may experience thermal degradation, oxidation and compression heating.

Control the pressure of your tyres

The tire pressure of your car is one of the most important safety features of your vehicle. When the tyre pressure is too low, there will be a greater friction between the tyres and the ground, which causes the tyres to wear faster. This can also lead to overheating and tread separation. On the contrary, when the tyre pressure is too high, it causes less traction and the ride is more rugged for everyone in the car. Consult your vehicle's manual for the recommended tyre pressure. There are already several tyre pressure monitors that can give you an accurate overview of tyre pressure even while driving.

In addition to this, make sure you have a spare tyre in your trunk. Most vehicles already come with a spare tyre pumped at the recommended pressure. Your spare tyre is a sigh of relief when one of your tyres decides to give up on you or when you experience a flat tyre. Therefore, it is also essential to familiarize yourself with how to change a flat tyre, along with the tools you need to do it.

Check your windshield

This will help prevent cracks from spreading and give you more time to repair your windshield. But keep in mind that this is only a temporary patch and that you still need to repair your windshield. In addition to your windshield, check your windshield wiper blades regularly. It will really be frustrating to drive in the rain and discover that your windshield wipers don't work. A general rule is to replace the wiper blades every six months, but it is better to consult your vehicle's manual.

Make sure you have an emergency road kit

There is really no way to know when an accident can occur. In addition to knowing how cars work in general,to know how to deal with things that can happen when your car breaks down, you must also be equipped with an emergency kit on the road. Your kit may include reflective warning triangles, a tyre gauge, jumper cables, utility tools and a flashlight. It will also help to have a fire extinguisher, foam tyre sealant, extra batteries, gloves, rags, duct tape and tow ropes.

Keep up with the maintenance of your car

In general, the maintenance program of your car depends on the mileage of your vehicle. You can check your vehicle's manual for the ideal service intervals required. The shock absorbers and struts of your vehicle will be checked during this maintenance to see if they are already worn. If these parts are worn, you may already experience your car swinging from side to side from time to time and hearing some noise every time it passes over a lump.

Your car's engine will also be checked along with its air filters. It is important to change your car's air filters every six months because when the engine gets dirty, dirt tends to clog these filters. In addition to the engine of your car, the headlights and taillights of your vehicle will also be inspected. As a general rule, both your headlights and taillights should be replaced annually.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/11/car-maintenance-7-useful-tips-every-car.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by SpatialKing(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2019
Nice
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by guruvick(m): 7:06am On Nov 21, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by maxiuc(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
grin
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Adeelijah17(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
Good article
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by kachoski007(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2019
Nice tips.. but lets all these cars tips be something creative and not just a copy and paste from Google... there still a whole lots of stuffs you can talk about in a car and not these 5tips everytime...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by KIDfurniture(m): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2019
Volkswagen passat cc 2013 loading
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Naija4love(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2019
Toyota sienna 2002 for sell at 750k working fine Lagos, ogun call me 07060629334

Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by money121(m): 7:26am On Nov 21, 2019
Make sense
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by oriewanbe: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2019
kachoski007:
Nice tips.. but lets all these cars tips be something creative and not just a copy and paste from Google... there still a whole lots of stuffs you can talk about in a car and not these 5tips everytime...
Yes I noticed this 5 tips stuff too. I don't know why they keep posting 5 tips when we have many more tips they can post.

2 Likes

Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Hubsolar: 7:39am On Nov 21, 2019
Great tips

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by kingimmade: 7:44am On Nov 21, 2019
nice post OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2019
Motor dokita, you be vulcanizer? If my tyre psi na 45 u mean say make I pumpam 60psi so dat I go dey rugged drive?
Mek I say I wan drive Asaba -Benin expressway?
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by AreaFada2: 8:31am On Nov 21, 2019
Yep
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Niccoloimhotep: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2019
grin
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Provie(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2019
Op change Air filter every six months you said? Even with the dusty condition of our roads, I haven't seen the need to change the Air filter every six months. I check mine regularly.
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by BlackBovi: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
Godspower35:
Owning a car carries a lot of responsibility, you must be responsible not only while driving, but also to ensure that your car is in good working order to minimize the risks of a vehicle accident. Therefore, the following tips will surely be useful for all car owners.

Know your vehicle's fluids

There are several fluids for the car, such as engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid and windshield
washer fluid, among others. Check all the fluids in your vehicle to make sure your car runs smoothly. For example, check your engine oil regularly because it is designed to lubricate, cool and clean your engine. Without enough engine oil, your car may experience thermal degradation, oxidation and compression heating.

Control the pressure of your tyres

The tire pressure of your car is one of the most important safety features of your vehicle. When the tyre pressure is too low, there will be a greater friction between the tyres and the ground, which causes the tyres to wear faster. This can also lead to overheating and tread separation. On the contrary, when the tyre pressure is too high, it causes less traction and the ride is more rugged for everyone in the car. Consult your vehicle's manual for the recommended tyre pressure. There are already several tyre pressure monitors that can give you an accurate overview of tyre pressure even while driving.

In addition to this, make sure you have a spare tyre in your trunk. Most vehicles already come with a spare tyre pumped at the recommended pressure. Your spare tyre is a sigh of relief when one of your tyres decides to give up on you or when you experience a flat tyre. Therefore, it is also essential to familiarize yourself with how to change a flat tyre, along with the tools you need to do it.

Check your windshield

This will help prevent cracks from spreading and give you more time to repair your windshield. But keep in mind that this is only a temporary patch and that you still need to repair your windshield. In addition to your windshield, check your windshield wiper blades regularly. It will really be frustrating to drive in the rain and discover that your windshield wipers don't work. A general rule is to replace the wiper blades every six months, but it is better to consult your vehicle's manual.

Make sure you have an emergency road kit

There is really no way to know when an accident can occur. In addition to knowing how cars work in general,to know how to deal with things that can happen when your car breaks down, you must also be equipped with an emergency kit on the road. Your kit may include reflective warning triangles, a tyre gauge, jumper cables, utility tools and a flashlight . It will also help to have a fire extinguisher, foam tyre sealant, extra batteries, gloves, rags, duct tape and tow ropes.

Keep up with the maintenance of your car

In general, the maintenance program of your car depends on the mileage of your vehicle. You can check your vehicle's manual for the ideal service intervals required. The shock absorbers and struts of your vehicle will be checked during this maintenance to see if they are already worn. If these parts are worn, you may already experience your car swinging from side to side from time to time and hearing some noise every time it passes over a lump.

Your car's engine will also be checked along with its air filters. It is important to change your car's air filters every six months because when the engine gets dirty, dirt tends to clog these filters. In addition to the engine of your car, the headlights and taillights of your vehicle will also be inspected. As a general rule, both your headlights and taillights should be replaced annually.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/11/car-maintenance-7-useful-tips-every-car.html
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by ModestManager: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Great info, great advice.
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Adeyeyeaki(m): 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
Anybody with what can be wrong with my car remote control? Last month, I wanted to go out, I just discovered that the can won't open, didn't make any sound nor show light for open and closing. I tried all I could but to no avail. I first thought it was the remote battery but it was fine. The following day, lol and behold, it opened
I didn't use the car till following week, getting there same thing happened. Later, it opened, I try to start the car but it won't till following day in the afternoon. Since then for almost a month now no issue till two days ago. I I had a short journey with the car, came back, parked it but refused to open following day. I want to have the idea of the problem before Calli this so called rewire. Car make is Nissan primera 2001
Re: Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Adeyeyeaki:
Anybody with what can be wrong with my car remote control? Last month, I wanted to go out, I just discovered that the can won't open, didn't make any sound nor show light for open and closing. I tried all I could but to no avail. I first thought it was the remote battery but it was fine. The following day, lol and behold, it opened
I didn't use the car till following week, getting there same thing happened. Later, it opened, I try to start the car but it won't till following day in the afternoon. Since then for almost a month now no issue till two days ago. I I had a short journey with the car, came back, parked it but refused to open following day. I want to have the idea of the problem before Calli this so called rewire. Car make is Nissan primera 2001
Maybe the fob itself is on it's way out. You didn't mention a spare.

(1) (Reply)

5 Cars Revealed At Geneva With Over 1000 Horsepower / Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes / FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.