Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish (647 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 / Femi Gbajabiamila’s Daughter Shares Intimate Picture With Her Boyfriend / Femi Gbajabiamila Buys N38M G-wagon For His Wife, Salamatu (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by itsdumebi(m): 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2017
Reps leader chews stock-fish as he urges Nigerians to invest in agriculture

The Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila has charged Nigerians to embrace agriculture as alternative way to cushion effects of the current economic recession. He gave this hint at a fish farming empowerment programme he organized for people of Surulere 1 Federal Constituency, Lagos over the weekend.

The first phase of the agricultural empowerment programme had 100 beneficiaries selected from the Community Development Areas in the constituency.

"the way to go is now agriculture not oil anymore. When we were growing up one of the richest men. His name is Ibru, I use to think Ibru is name of a fish not knowing it was name of a man that made money from fish. So you will make money if you make good use of these equipment. So please don't sell these equipment so you can feed many people." , Gbajabiamila said.

"this is a special empowerment because every time people come to me saying I don't want you to give me fish I want you to teach me how to catch fish, after consultation I came up with this initiative and today each beneficiary is going home with equipment for fish sorting, grading, drying and cool storage worth N250,000."

The House Leader while appraising the empowerment programme told his constituents that government's effort to pull the country out of recession is real.

"You can have the fish pond within your compound and I will give you 2 million Naira to buy your first feed for your fishes and you are gradually in a small way getting out of recession."

In his speech the Executive Director of Nigeria Stored Products Research Institute, Prof. Olufemi Peters spoke on the training offered to the beneficiaries and need to explore the nation's local technology in making lives better for citizens.

"we partnered with the House Leader because our research institute has experts in fish farming who can turn freshers to fish handlers . In the first phase we have trained 100 beneficiaries in aquaculture, fish cleaning, sorting, glutting, deboning, drying and smoking."

Also speaking on behalf of beneficiaries, Esther Diamond was full of appreciation to the House Leader for the laudable initiative.

"we really appreciate you and only God will appreciate more because you don't know what you have really done, you have made us our own boss.", she said
http://politicsngr.com/fight-recession-agriculture-femi-gbajabiamiala/
cc : lalasticlala

Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2017
I used to like this guy lipsrsealed
Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by sarrki(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
Gbajabiamila

We know dey hear you again oooo
Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by Ahmadgani(m): 4:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
Give us implements so we could engage in agricultural activities
Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by SalamRushdie: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
Yet he is in the house of reps collecting oguchi allowances that cause recession in the first place
Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Yet he is in the house of reps collecting oguchi allowances that cause recession in the first place
your brothers caused the recession, one was busted yesterday

1 Like

Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by SalamRushdie: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jibril659:
your brothers caused the recession, one was busted yesterday

Did my brothera also cause recession in 1985 ? Soon you , El Rufai and Buratai will be bursted too
Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by josephine123: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
hmmm.... kini big deal
Re: Photos:''fight Recession With Agriculture''- Femi Gbajabiamila, Chews Stockfish by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Did my brothera also cause recession in 1985 ? Soon you , El Rufai and Buratai will be bursted too

(1) (Reply)

Ayf-why Northern Apc Governors Want Buhari Dead / Nigerian Superhighway Threatens The Last 300 Cross River Gorillas Sign Petition / EFCC: Inside Story Of How Magu Reportedly Lobbied NASS Members In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.