Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken (8304 Views)

When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? / When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? / Best Airtel Awoof Of Calls And Data For Oct 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by uscofield: 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sometimes, I wonder where we are heading to in this country. You call someone seventeen times and he/she does not take your calls, what is wrong in sending a text to the person? I wonder what we use our bonus text messages for.
Let me ask:
When last did you send someone a message after series of unsuccessful calls?
What is the use of text messages in your phone?

Don't forget:
The receiver may be in a meeting and can't take calls
The receiver may be in a place that prohibits the use of cell phones.
He/She may not be in the mood to receive calls
He/she maybe sleeping.
Organizations use text messages to invite you for tests or interviews
Your service provider use text messages to inform you of an improvement in their products and services

Let's learn to use text messages today.
#USETEXTMESSAGESTODAY

Seun, Lalasticala, other Mods, when last did you use text messages as a means of communication?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Whizpeter(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
When last did you write a letter to your grandma in the village? undecided

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by maasoap(m): 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
I do that all the time. Even today, twice.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 14, 2017
see jamb question.... who text message elp?

as for me...i don't make calls nor text anybody... if you're not on my whatsapp list....... you're on a very long thing

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by FellaL: 10:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

as for me...i don't make calls nor text anybody...
if you're not on my whatsapp list....... you're on a very long thing
guy u get am your head dey there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by pr0blem: 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
mtcheew who cares about text message
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 15, 2017
FellaL:
guy u get am your head dey there
grin grin Na only my mama I dey call o... cuz I no Sey she no dey whatsappgrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 15, 2017
Little kids above me didn't even bother to read the post and get the writer's drift.
I send SMS alot once I call once (I don't call twice) without response, especially if it's a call to an elder or a formal call.
How on earth do you wanna send a whatsapp message to your Professor or Consultant? My brother, "extension" would be your middle name.
In our environment that is plain rude and smirks of indiscipline

24 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by u11ae1013: 7:16am On Feb 15, 2017
today
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Ayoswit(f): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2017
now, to my debtor

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by piperson(m): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2017
Omg omg
this poo made it to front page
what's nairaland turning into

I think say na barca vs psg nai tire me pass
but

1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by JVExpat: 7:17am On Feb 15, 2017
....yesterday
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by asumo12: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

as for me...i don't make calls nor text anybody...
if you're not on my whatsapp list....... you're on a very long thing

You valid Bro!

My wife don complain of me not calling well well!
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by FabioRomani: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
Why is this on front page?
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
.why not just call back? grin besides whatsapp dey there grin
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by 2kass(m): 7:19am On Feb 15, 2017
Once broke up with my babe because of this:

You might think that I am mean, "Let Me Explain!!!"

On 9th Sept, 2006 on hot Afternoon, My school had just introduced, the electronic payment of school fees via E-transact. Majority of us weren't familiar with d online payment platform and we were also trying to struggle with slow internet at most Cybercafe's den. My dad already made a bank deposit to my account for me to make my payment and that of my younger bro. Na so this my babe as at then kept calling me ohh, I kept it on Vibration because pupsy could call at anytime, my Sagem X7 kept vibrating and vibrating this psychopath gave me 39 freaking calls. The fact that I over paid the sum of 96k to the school account was driving me crazy. A money that was supposed to be our pocket money for the month.

Then one eediot was calling to check up on me. As soon as I picked up, "lambasted her, told her dat she's sick and jobless, I also said unmentionable fins to her" Onyinye wherever u are, Na just transfer of aggression ohhh, beht y will u call someone 39 times, I didn't die na. shocked

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by HAH: 7:20am On Feb 15, 2017
Yesterday
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 15, 2017
I do it alot. sometimes I send a WhatsApp message - depends on my relationship with the person.

To be honest, there are some basic phone call etiquettes we lack. I use to be one of those fools that call more than twice at a go, but not anymore.
There are some very bad Nigerian habit I've had to drop as I get older simply because I realised it's sickening and annoying.

These days I call once or twice, of unanswered,I drop a message.
but for elderly ones who don't read text, I just call the next day.

9 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by rman: 7:26am On Feb 15, 2017
Whizpeter:
When last did you write a letter to your grandma in the village? undecided

You missed the message OP is trying to pass across.

Nigerians are guilty of calling someone severally when a simple sms will get the message across.

I have received up to 6 missed calls sometimes only for the caller to ask a simple quetion like " I need Chichi's number" or I just want to say Hi.

A lot of the calls we make are actually unneccesarry. We talk too much.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by defemidefemi(m): 7:27am On Feb 15, 2017
Moderators are marking this Niaraland depreciate in value day and night, must every post make front page??
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by kajsa08: 7:28am On Feb 15, 2017
I even prefer sms. I send msgs very often.
d last time was about 7am dis mng.
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 15, 2017
uscofield:
Sometimes, I wonder where we are heading to in this country. You call someone seventeen times and he/she does not take your calls, what is wrong in sending a text to the person? I wonder what we use our bonus text messages for.
Let me ask:

Don't forget:
He/she maybe sleeping.
Your service provider use text messages to inform you of an improvement in their products and services

#USETEXTMESSAGESTODAY

why would you call someone 17 times? are you crazy

7 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:35am On Feb 15, 2017
Seriously?
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Codyt(m): 7:37am On Feb 15, 2017
2kass:
Once broke up with my babe because of this:

You might think that I am mean, "Let Me Explain!!!"

On 9th Sept, 2006 on hot Afternoon, My school had just introduced, the electronic payment of school fees via E-transact. Majority of us weren't familiar with d online payment platform and we were also trying to struggle with slow internet at most Cybercafe's den. My dad already made a bank deposit to my account for me to make my payment and that of my younger bro. Na so this my babe as at then kept calling me ohh, I kept it on Vibration because pupsy could call at anytime, my Sagem X7 kept vibrating and vibrating this psychopath gave me 39 freaking calls. The fact that I over paid the sum of 96k to the school account was driving me crazy. A money that was supposed to be our pocket money for the month.

Then one eediot was calling to check up on me. As soon as I picked up, "lambasted her, told her dat she's sick and jobless, I also said unmentionable fins to her" Onyinye wherever u are, Na just transfer of aggression ohhh, beht y will u call someone 39 times, I didn't die na. shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
so funny!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by dannywest: 7:38am On Feb 15, 2017
Very good quesion
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Codyt(m): 7:40am On Feb 15, 2017
rman:

You missed the message OP is trying to pass across.

Nigerians are guilty of calling someone severally when a simple sms will get the message across.

I have received up to 6 missed calls sometimes only for the caller to ask a simple quetion like " I need Chichi's number" or I just want to say Hi.

A lot of the calls we make are actually unneccesarry. We talk too much.

my Guy and his babe should see this! Its so sick!!! undecided undecided
Every minute.... She go call am!

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by missioner(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2017
I texts a lot even more than I calls.

you don't expect me to be calling those Profs and Govt officials I work for anyhow na.

And also I rarely shorten words when I text...now accustomed.

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:46am On Feb 15, 2017
grin grin
Nt the call type. Just sms or watsap.
I call twice.
Buh bae changed the rules. kiss

Buh wait o...

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Myself2(m): 7:49am On Feb 15, 2017
uscofield:
Let me ask:

Don't forget:
He/she maybe sleeping.

#USETEXTMESSAGESTODAY

Seun, Lalasticala, other Mods, when last did you use text messages as a means of communication?

You just spoke for me.The most annoying bthing is that when those irritants call you much later or the following day,instaed of going straight to the point,they will first bore you with shameless unintelligent lines like this " I called you seventeen times yesterday and you did not pick my call " angry angry angry Thats when I go grrrrrrrrrrr, is that why you called me now ?? ok Ive heard,bye .Then I press the red button
Jeeeez

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by Sard(m): 7:51am On Feb 15, 2017
I rarely do, but once I call you twice and there's no answer, I won't call again.
I hate people calling me endless times just to say useless things. A lady called me like 6 or 7 times last week just to ask why I've not come online (WhatsApp) all day. We ended up fighting because the reason & frequency of call were too nonsensical.
Re: When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken by davidif: 7:56am On Feb 15, 2017
uscofield:
Let me ask:

Don't forget:
He/she maybe sleeping.

#USETEXTMESSAGESTODAY

hahahahaha, that is so true. Nigerians can call?!? As in ehn, you go think say na emergency.

and the worst thing is they keep on persisting that its so annoying. Calling twice should be the maximum. Chai!

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Partners VOGUE To Capture ‘style In Motion’ At London Fashion Week / Base Stations Are Not Harmful To Humans, Says NCC To Nigerians / Deactivate Business Day Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.