Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,701 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:21 PM

Biodiversity And Species Distribution, How Does It Fit With The Flood Neotic? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biodiversity And Species Distribution, How Does It Fit With The Flood Neotic? (4398 Views)

Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood / How True Is Noah's Arc And The Story Of The Flood / Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Biodiversity And Species Distribution, How Does It Fit With The Flood Neotic? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

Hope you didn't get this ridiculous assertion and propaganda from the answers in genesis website. . . . . .

Do you have any evidence to show that Noah lived 250 million years ago?

According to some of the articles you posted events like continental drift and Pangea happened when there were no humans on earth how then do you reconcile that with the Noah's flood story?. . . . . . .

1. Human footprints have been found interspersed with dinosaur ones.

Does that sound like Genesis? I doubt you've ever read the book or you wouldnt ask this kind of question.

2. I keep pointing out I dont know when Noah lived and the tectonic plates and land movement during continental activity, not the dates, are what I'm focusing on for now. I'm saying its entirely possible continental drift happened during Noah's time, or soon after.

3. Where in the articles did you read there were no humans during one of the continental drifts? The write ups discussed environmental changes, not humans. You chose to draw your own conclusions about humans from that.

Its widely theorized humans crossed into north America through the Bering Straits. That land bridge is no longer there today.
Re: Biodiversity And Species Distribution, How Does It Fit With The Flood Neotic? by wirinet(m): 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
tpia,

You behaving like the typical modern day pentecostal  Christian fundamentalist. Trying to fit established scientific facts into your beliefs using lies and deceit.

tpia.:

1. Human footprints have been found interspersed with dinosaur ones.

Does that sound like Genesis? I doubt you've ever read the book or you wouldnt ask this kind of question.
Is this a scientific fact or fallacy. Point us to the research that says dinosaurs were living with humans. Is that the findings of hundreds of universities around the world or as a result of one creationist from interpreting the bible. You should also add that men climbed  Carboniferous trees of 360 million years ago.
I think you watch too much flintstones

tpia.:

2. I keep pointing out I dont know when Noah lived and the tectonic plates and land movement during continental activity, not the dates, are what I'm focusing on for now. I'm saying its entirely possible continental drift happened during Noah's time, or soon after.

If you do not know the period Noah lived, others knew. Theologists from time immemorial had been able to calculate the approximate period using the Genealogies provided by the bible, because there is a detailed genealogy between Adam and Lamech (Noah's father), and there is nothing to indicate that the period inbetween is 1 million years.

You talk of Tectonic plates and continental drift as if you know what you are talking about. If you have an idea of what continental drift is you will know that given the very slow rate of the continental drift takes place, 10,000 years would not show considerable drift. So you to insinuate that  Pangaea split and separated during Noah's  time and the continents have reached it present positions today is beyond absurd.
You must be a Para-geologist 
tpia.:

3. Where in the articles did you read there were no humans during one of the continental drifts? The write ups discussed environmental changes, not humans. You chose to draw your own conclusions about humans from that.
It is widely acknowledged in academic circles that humans came into the scene 6-4million years ago. That time the continents were very similar to the position they are in today.

tpia.:

Its widely theorized humans crossed into north America through the Bering Straits. That land bridge is no longer there today.

Yes, the reason the land bridge from Asia to America (bering Straits) is no longer available is not due to your super natural continental drift but due to a rise in sea level and melting ice as a result of the end of the last ice age.

It is disheartening for people who abhor science subjects and run to embrace art subjects in secondary school, suddenly become science experts in adulthood and shoot down well established theories and conclusions from the tops science professors in the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief / Is Jesus No Longer Coming Soon? / The MFM Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.