Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues (2881 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by kaboninc(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2017
sapientia:

Oga... i now get you. However, my faith in God is absolute. What amuses me is how someone that do not believe in God will come to point out contradictions in the Holy Bible and still want to be convinced by same Bible. The Holy Bible can be a collection of various story books to you but to me its spirit.

Seun can be happy that everyone can comment about christianity but you must believe in Allah to comment in muslim section. Maybe christians are second class or 5% in Nairaland.

Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, the ATR, Sufism, Judaism.. ..are all the same thing. So my reference is not to Christianity but to other religion.

Now for Christianity, there are just so many holes and no logical attempt at filing these holes. An example is just this speaking in tongues. Another is creation. It's just too much.
Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by kaboninc(m): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
Niyuu:

shocked

Shocked or surprised or amazed?
Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by Jglad(f): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
Niyuu:

But. (I'm sorry if I'm being argumentative I just really need answers)

When the disciples were praying.. In the... Was it upper room? Passers by could understand and interprete their words. They didnt speak in a "heavenly language"
And no where in the Bible is 'tongues of prayer' differentiated from 'tongues of prophesy'

#just passing by...
The Bible didn't expressively say anything about Tongues of prayer or tongues of prophesy...
The Bible made us understand that we have Tongues of angels and tongues of men... Tongues of men is the one u re referring to Wia others can understand cause its their language but Tongues of angels isn't understood by men except for those who possess the gift of interpretation.

Speaking in tongues can actually be given to all Christians but not everyone has the gift of diversities of tongues.

We can actually pray in tongues and can prophesy in tongues but there must be an interpreter. For more information, pls visit (1 Corinthians chapters 12-14)

Well, that's just my understanding.

Paul had both.. (1 Corinth. 13:1)...

#justpassingby
Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by frubben(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
Niyuu:

Smh. Still no answer. No worries thoh. Bye.

Na mumu d guy b leave am jare, he is just being religious. Answer question he is saying someone is ignorant

I suspect the guy is a pastor that's why he is being defensive
Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by sapientia(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
kaboninc:

Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, the ATR, Sufism, Judaism.. ..are all the same thing. So my reference is not to Christianity but to other religion.

Now for Christianity, there are just so many holes and no logical attempt at filing these holes. An example is just this speaking in tongues. Another is creation. It's just too much.

Christians are not bothered with whatever holes you might find. Believing God is by FAITH.. I dont even need proofs. Am only bothered that people who do not believe that our God exists will always disturb us with what i percieve should be only our concern.

Let me ask you.. Can you go to Islam room and debate the Koran?
Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by kaboninc(m): 1:34am On Feb 16, 2017
sapientia:

Christians are not bothered with whatever holes you might find. Believing God is by FAITH.. I dont even need proofs. Am only bothered that people who do not believe that our God exists will always disturb us with what i percieve should be only our concern.

Let me ask you.. Can you go to Islam room and debate the Koran?

Is can debate with anybody...

However, should I not debate with a Muslim is not because I don't have what to say but because of the tolerance level of the average Muslim. But that's not even the point or focus.

It still boils down to how true one's religion is.

Talking about this topic, the Bible interpretation has led to the creation of different Christianity sect. All professing one God but different doctrine.

Within the Pentecostal group, some churches actually teach their members how to speak in tongues. So claim to wait for the Holy Spirit. Jesus never spoke in tongue or we never read where he did. He in fact told us how to pray in very simple ways. But because today's Christians feel that they need a faster means for reaching God. So kabasing is one way.

I have repeatedly argued this, and my line of thought has been buttressed here on this thread by the op. Now during the first occurrence of speaking in tongues by the disciples, it was said that other people understood their languages. Can we say that today? If not, then it'd possible that it never happened

What we do not have answers to, we ascribe it to the unknown Being.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by spacyzuma(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
kaboninc:

let me just say that the Bible is self contradictory and more like a folk tale. Like the Greek myths, like every other myths. When you subject the contents of the Bible to critical analysis, the Bible will just become a great story book.

So many Christians, especially those of younger ages, our generation do not have absolute faith in the Bible. Should I go deep with you, you'll also come to the same conclusion that indeed the Bible is a collection of various story books.

+100000000

*applause*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2017

All pastors, or at least all that I've come across, speak in a particular tongue.
Rababoboskibobobo Andamalamamannana Skimtayaya!

grin grin grin hehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is The Messiah! Follow Him! / Evolutionary Theory And Creation Theory / I Hate Pentecostal Pastors !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.