Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,879 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

Chained (short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chained (short Story) (755 Views)

Chained To A Heart / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chained (short Story) by enethecoco(f): 9:24am On Feb 14, 2017
CHAINED

I sigh and moan softly as he falls off me , the third man today and the day is just beginning, I shut my eyes and draw in the tears that are threatening to fall,I inhale deeply and open my eyes , I see him watching me so I fake a smile and kiss his lips, he smiles weakly I can tell he's really turned off by my display of emotions ,so I try to be happy and turn him on again, but I can't my mind already had wandered off , to a place far far away ,he hiss and starts to wear his agbada , I know from his actions and how displeased he is that my money will be cut short .
I can tell he is as old as my father, I can tell from his feebly frame and the grey hair on his head and the wrinkled skin on his face , only that my father is stronger than him and my father would never pay to have sex with a 19 year old girl , I remember the look on my fathers face when aunty ijeoma came to bring me to the city ,I remember the joy and sadness on his face , joy that his only child is leaving me , happiness that his only child is moving on to greater things and is rising above where he rose in life , I smile as I remember the weak smile on his face when he waved us goodbye
" Here's your money" the man hiss and throws the money at me , he is even more annoyed than I thought , I count the money
"5,000 naira" I say loudly , he looks at me coldly , a look that reminds me of the look on aunty ijeoma's face the night I slapped a customer because he touched my buttocks . He stands and begins to mutter some words in yoruba , he hisses and shuts the door loudly .
I go on my knees and try to do something I haven't done in years "pray" , I wonder if I still know how to ,the last time I prayed was when it all started, I prayed for it to stop but it didn't , I prayed for him to stop, but he didn't , I remember my innocence , I remembered who I used to be .
A young girl , the joy that filled my heart knew no bounds when aunty ijeoma came to pick me from the village , I was so happy that I was going to the city of fly-overs and big houses , my joy was cut shut when my eyes was opened to the reality of coming to the city , I was brought here to be a sales-girl in aunty ijeoma's beer parlor well I started as that till I started growing up and my light skin started glowing , The tiny dots on my chests grew into breasts, I developed hips and my buttocks grew into something the men I now sleep with call "ass" , I started attracting the customers so I was moved into the service department , I was glad that I would no more be getting slaps on my buttocks by the customers, My happiness was short-lived as the door opened and my nightmare in human form walked in , he took my virginity, my innocence , my pride and worse of all My Fathers Dreams . I cried and cried and begged him to stop , I prayed to God to help me ,I prayed to God to stop him, I don't know if he heard or maybe he hasn't forgiven me from taking some of aunty ijeoma's change to call father at the call-center, all I know was he didn't stop and that was the beginning of Ami , I don't call myself amaka again because I long lost the innocence to that name. From that day on ,I never left this room, I never spoke to father but aunty ijeoma came everyday to collect the money I get, she says she sends them to father , I don't believe her so I keep a share to myself , I have been saving and I'm planning to leave one day ,to go back to my village ,I'll pick poverty and ignorance over this kind of life any day ,one day I'll go back to Amaka

I start to pray , Father if you can hear me ,please save me from this chains , but my prayer is cut short as another man walks in with a twisted smile on his face , I know what he has come for so I stand up and start to UnCloth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chained (short Story) by xolocious(m): 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hmmmm... quite touchy. I've never been this touched by a written story all my life. Tears drop, yes it came down through my cheeks.
Great story.
It's in you, don't let the gift die.
I'm proud of you.
Re: Chained (short Story) by xolocious(m): 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
YungTemy, Yewandequeen, Obimgbo, hamdapson, gabbyraze, Dtobbs, Angelinasto... she's at it again. She needs your love. Please come cheer her up.
Re: Chained (short Story) by SINZ: 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
youngdanee:
Lol ofcos you can, I'm not about to go blab around

Inorder to trust you, you have to tell me who you are.
Re: Chained (short Story) by youngdanee(m): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
SINZ:

Inorder to trust you, you have to tell me who you are.
Muva this thing odikwa risky na undecided
I'm a friend not a foe. If you tell me, I'll pm you my main but I'm suspecting h,adez.
Re: Chained (short Story) by SINZ: 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
youngdanee:
Muva this thing odikwa risky na undecided
I'm a friend not a foe. If you tell me, I'll pm you my main but I'm suspecting h,adez.

LOL, don't fret. I already know who you are.

I just want you to be the one to out yourself by yourself.
Re: Chained (short Story) by youngdanee(m): 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
SINZ:

LOL, don't fret. I already know who you are.

I just want you to be the one to out yourself by yourself.
Lol I know you're aware its me. But this isn't about me but jrssicaseth.
Re: Chained (short Story) by SINZ: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
youngdanee:
Lol I know you're aware its me. But this isn't about me but jrssicaseth.

Then say it.

If you can't say it, I can not trust you.
Re: Chained (short Story) by youngdanee(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
SINZ:

Then say it.

If you can't say it, I can not trust you.
You know its me. I can't force you to trust me.
Re: Chained (short Story) by SINZ: 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
youngdanee:
You know its me. I can't force you to trust me.

You don't believe that I know its you. That's why you're tryna play smart. I think you should know me well enough to know that I don't bluff. I asked you to out yourself cos I want to know that she whom I'm placing my trust in trusts me as well. My words are not to deceive you, its my bond.

Last chance...

(1) (Reply)

Bring Back Our Stories. (a Call For The Return Of All Uncompleted Stories) / Diary Of An Orgasm - A Tale By Nkemji / The Unspoken Words Of A House Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.