Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith (27073 Views)

These Amazing Art Pieces Were Created From Salvaged Vintage Car Parts / See The Vintage Car Queen Elizabeth Rode When She Visited Nigeria In 1956 - Pics / Princess Diana's Armored 1987 Rolls-royce Silver Spur Sold For 16.2million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by AutoReportNG: 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
This vintage car of HRH, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is reportedly owned by Nubar Gulbenkian. According to reports, Nubar Gulbenkian was an eccentric Armenian-British millionaire who was crazy about Rolls Royces. He had many custom made Rolls Royces (the Rolls Royce company was not always happy with the designs that he chose for his cars). This particular car was designed by Gulbenkian in 1952. It's a Rolls Royce Silver Wraith, but its lights are different from any other Silver Wraith.

The Emir of Kano, Abdullahi Bayero (Emir from 1926-1953) bought the car shortly afterwards. Bayero died and the car was inherited by his successor, Alhaji Mohammed Sanusi I. The car was used to convey Queen Elizabeth II when she toured Northern Nigeria in 1956 (Kano, Jos, Kaduna, etc).

The car was also inherited by the late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero and it has now been inherited by the current Emir, Muhammad Sanusi II. We went digging to see what makes this car a unique car and why is it that the royal family has refused to let go this car despite been used by 3 diffrent kings now. We did some reviews and what we found was amazing...

Introduction

Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith is a car that has a 4 door saloon (sedan) type body with a front positioned engine powering the rear wheels.
It is powered by a naturally aspirated engine of 4.3 litre capacity. This unit features overhead inlet, side exhaust valve gear, 6 cylinder layout, and 2 valves per cylinder.
Power is transmitted to the wheels by means of a 4 speed manual gearbox.

Specifications
6 cylinder in-line engine, bore x stroke 88.9 x 114.3 mm (3 1/2 x 4 1/2 in),
capacity 4,257 cc (from 1951 bore x stroke 92.08 x 114.3 mm (3 5/8 x 4 1/2 in),
capacity 4,566 cc; from 1954 bore x stroke 95.25 x 114.3 mm (3 3/4 x 4 1/2 in),
capacity 4,887 cc); cast iron cylinder block, aluminium alloy cylinder head,
Stromberg carburettor (from 1951 Zenith carburettor, from 1956 twin SU carburettors);
single dry plate clutch;
4-speed gearbox (from 1952 4-speed automatic gearbox optional),
hypoid bevel final drive,
independent front suspension with coil springs,
semi-elliptic springs rear;
drum brakes servo-assisted;
wheelbase 3,225.8 mm (127 in)(from 1951 wheelbase 3,378.2 mm (133 in);
tyre size 6.50 x 17 (from 1951 tyre size 6.50 x 16, for export cars tyre size 7.50 x 16 optional, for long wheelbase cars standard).

Powertrain
Engine manufacturer: ROLLS-ROYCE
Engine type: spark-ignition 4-stroke
Fuel type: petrol (gasoline)
Fuel system: 2 carburetors
Charge system: naturally aspirated
Valves per cylinder: 2
Valves timing:
Additional features:
Emission control:
Emission standard:
Cylinders alignment: V 8
Displacement: 6750 cm3 / 411.9 cui
Bore: 104.14 mm / 4.1 in
Stroke: 99.06 mm / 3.9 in
Compression ratio: 9 : 1
Horsepower net: 191 kW / 260 PS / 256 hp (net)/ 4500
Torque net: 550 Nm / 406 ft-lb/ 2500
Horsepower gross:
Torque gross:
Redline rpm:
Car power to weight ratio net: 83.8 watt/kg / 38 watt/lb
Car weight to power ratio net: 11.9 kg/kW / 8.8 kg/PS / 19.6 lbs/hp
Fuel capacity: 107 liter / 28.3 U.S. gal / 23.5 imp. gal

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/02/a-review-of-emir-sanusi-vintages-car.html

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by AutoReportNG: 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
Long live the king... I think Sanusi Lamido is a car freak.

I love this car really... The more I read about it, the more I love it. I wish the emir can invite me for a ride..

See more features and pictures here

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/02/a-review-of-emir-sanusi-vintages-car.html

9 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
Royalty

3 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by carzola(m): 3:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
Skinny buffoon.

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Kjnwancaro: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
Die hard. Should nickname the rolls Royce
'3 kings'

3 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Flyingngel(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
OK my own dey come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by AutoReportNG: 1:23am On Feb 15, 2017
Lalasticlala...
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Lukmann1: 6:58am On Feb 15, 2017
It's not of my businesses.
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by ademasta(m): 6:59am On Feb 15, 2017
Ojigbijigbi o cool
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by otunbabadok(m): 6:59am On Feb 15, 2017
long live the king of Kano

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 15, 2017
Wanton opulence amidst impoverished masses who wouldnt pass an opportunity to lick your arse and sing your praise.
That's the definition of Nigeria.
We're cursed by the devil himself.

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by dheespectre: 7:01am On Feb 15, 2017
b
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by verygudbadguy(m): 7:03am On Feb 15, 2017
Traditional rulers be displaying wealth anyhow while their subjects will be doing Almajiri. sad

NB: It applies to all kings, not just Emir of Kano.

8 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by wildchild1: 7:06am On Feb 15, 2017
This is sexy

Check my signature
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by koolguy88(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2017
This car is just too old to be driven on Nigerian roads. Consumes so much gasoline yet the out put capacity is poor.
The Emirates council deserves more than this one.

Why not go for a Rolls-Royce Phantom or something more prestigious?

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by dokunbam(m): 7:07am On Feb 15, 2017
otunbabadok:
long live the king of Kano

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Sirdan247(m): 7:07am On Feb 15, 2017
Short of words
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Toniwirelex: 7:09am On Feb 15, 2017
my signature
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Austema(m): 7:15am On Feb 15, 2017
My own Atah of Idah is using Landcruser like any other persons
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Rexnegro(m): 7:24am On Feb 15, 2017
the car is nice

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by ofwest47(m): 7:27am On Feb 15, 2017
share nonsense such an expensive car in the midst of absolute poverty of his almajiri people. over to you EFCC how much was he earning as former CBN governor to warrant this car even the Queen of England can't afford this.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Aribambam: 7:35am On Feb 15, 2017
I dont even understand those specifications self . wetin them dey do for car

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 15, 2017
ofwest47:
share nonsense such an expensive car in the midst of absolute poverty of his almajiri people. over to you EFCC how much was he earning as former CBN governor to warrant this car even the Queen of England can't afford this.
You just want to talk...........did they tell you he bought it.That an insult to Queen Elizabeth

3 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by goodgood2(m): 7:48am On Feb 15, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Long live the king... I think Sanusi Lamido is a car freak.

I love this car really... The more I read about it, the more I love it. I wish the emir can invite me for a ride..

Lalasticlala, Seun
Niger Delta money. You see why they'd kill for one naijeria?
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 15, 2017
koolguy88:
This car is just too old to be driven on Nigerian roads. Consumes so much gasoline yet the out put capacity is poor.
The Emirates council deserves more than this one.

Why not go for a Rolls-Royce Phantom or something more prestigious?
and who tells yhu he doesn't av royce phantom....dis silver trait na 4 special occasion....white phantom na him him day use on normal basis.....sai kwankwasiyah

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by NemzySeries(m): 8:08am On Feb 15, 2017
ofwest47:
Oga sir, did u read d part dat says d car wuz INHERITED frm d first emir of kano (Abdullahi Bayero) which wuz acquired in d 1950s or u jst felt like going mentally astray for reasons best known to you?

11 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by joseph1832ng: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2017
I think showing us the vehicles our traditional rulers drive is as unpatriotic as wishing for the death of the president. Using foreign cars isn't something that should be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Kingspin(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2017
So if he say $20 billion is missing one can understand.
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by nabegibeg: 8:17am On Feb 15, 2017
All these fiefdom rulers wey dey form

Wetin una invent
Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by bakila: 8:18am On Feb 15, 2017
ofwest47:
Bros I hail you level of comprehension. Haba, you want EFCC to invite Sanusi over a car, that was bought by his ancestors. Are also sure that you are not used to too much poverty? The Queen of England granted the charter for the Rolls Royce, if you don't know.

5 Likes

Re: A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by Stdaviding(m): 8:19am On Feb 15, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Traditional rulers be displaying wealth anyhow while their subjects will be doing Almajiri. sad

NB: It applies to all kings, not just Emir of Kano.

You will complain about pastors, you will complain about politicians, about traditional rulers, guess nobody has the right to display what they've laboured for? Please wake up and celebrate them... So that you joy can be full

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Difference Between Police Cars And Regular Cars / Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.