Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement (3342 Views)

We've Paid June Salaries Without Federal Allocation, Says Ugwuanyi / Rain Destroys Canopies Of Ekiti APC Primaries Election (Photos) / 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by engineerboat(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
FULL TEXT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE ADDRESSED BY EKITI STATE GOVERNOR, MR AYODELE FAYOSE TODAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2017, ON THE SEIZURE OF EKITI STATE FEDERAL ALLOCATION AND PLOT TO FREEZE BANK ACCOUNTS OF MAJOR CONTRACTORS IN THE STATE

I called you here today to intimate you about the new plot by the All Progressives Congress (APC) led federal government to cripple our state by rendering it impossible for the government to carry out its statutory financial obligations.

It is alarming that while we were almost concluding that the siege on Ekiti and its people by the APC government in Abuja, with full collaboration from leaders of the party in Ekiti State had stopped, we are now being confronted with yet another shenanigan by those who won’t mind to see Ekiti people die of hunger just to achieve their selfish political agenda ahead of the 2018 election.

The question is; if they have issues with Fayose politically, must they suffer the innocent government workers?

Two weeks ago, some top functionaries of the APC in Ekiti State met in Abuja where it was decided that renew efforts should be made to cripple the State. It was agreed that the federal government must be made to stop all intervention funds to Ekiti State while the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) should be used to cripple the finances of contractors handling government legacy projects.

The game plan is that the moment workers do not receive their salary, they will hate me and my party, the PDP and this they believe will translate to votes for them in 2018.

This new onslaught against Ekiti State and its people started with the stoppage of the State January allocation and statutory budget support fund.

While all states in Nigeria received their full allocation from the federation account last month, the budget support fund was not release to Ekiti State thereby making it impossible for the state to meet its financial obligations, most especially the payment of salaries.

Three weeks after Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting, they have refused to tell us why they denied Ekiti State of the statutory allocation, and our letter to the Minister of Finance was ignored.

In another drama, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is now harassing major contractors handling Ekiti State Government projects, with a view to making sure that the projects are abandoned just because of 2018 election.

Obviously, these APC leaders in Ekiti State and their collaborators in Abuja fear that the completion of our ongoing legacy projects like the Overhead Bridge, Oja Oba Market, High Court Complex, Governor Office, Roads construction, among others, will further endear our party, the PDP to the people who will be positively affected.

One wonders why the APC will desire that Ekiti people suffer just because of desperation for power.

To prevent these projects from being completed, we have it on good authority that accounts of contractors handling major projects are to be frozen, thus prevent completion of the projects in record time.

It is so sad that anyone in his or her right senses will want to prevent workers from being paid and projects from being completed just because of their desperation to wrestle power from me, having failed in all theor previous attempts.

Interestingly, this same EFCC that is always in a hurry to harass my government has refused to act on several petitions submitted to it on the wanton looting of the State treasury by the immediate past APC government of Dr Kayode Fayemi.

However, notwithstanding this new evil plot against the government and people of Ekiti State, I will remain undaunted, believing strongly that God will again overcome this evil-machination. Definitely, this too shall pass.

As much as I believe in the fight against corruption, it must not be political and it must be done within the ambit of the law. The EFCC must be prosecutor and not persecutor.

Governor Peter Ayodele Fayose
(Governor Ekiti State)

http://punchng.com/fg-withholding-ekiti-allocations-frustrate-projects-fayose

Cc: lalasticlala, myd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
Ok all I see are:

- speculation
- speculations
- Useless speculation to defend his inability to pay workers salary.

Abeg what about Fayose poultry farm?

9 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by gfullmoon(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
The fear of APC is the beginning of EFCC wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
Comedian!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by agabusta: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
engineerboat:
[s]FULL TEXT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE ADDRESSED BY EKITI STATE GOVERNOR, MR AYODELE FAYOSE TODAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2017, ON THE SEIZURE OF EKITI STATE FEDERAL ALLOCATION AND PLOT TO FREEZE BANK ACCOUNTS OF MAJOR CONTRACTORS IN THE STATE[/s]

[s]I called you here today to intimate you about the new plot by the All Progressives Congress (APC) led federal government to cripple our state by rendering it impossible for the government to carry out its statutory financial obligations.

It is alarming that while we were almost concluding that the siege on Ekiti and its people by the APC government in Abuja, with full collaboration from leaders of the party in Ekiti State had stopped, we are now being confronted with yet another shenanigan by those who won’t mind to see Ekiti people die of hunger just to achieve their selfish political agenda ahead of the 2018 election.

The question is; if they have issues with Fayose politically, must they suffer the innocent government workers?

Two weeks ago, some top functionaries of the APC in Ekiti State met in Abuja where it was decided that renew efforts should be made to cripple the State. It was agreed that the federal government must be made to stop all intervention funds to Ekiti State while the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) should be used to cripple the finances of contractors handling government legacy projects.

The game plan is that the moment workers do not receive their salary, they will hate me and my party, the PDP and this they believe will translate to votes for them in 2018.

This new onslaught against Ekiti State and its people started with the stoppage of the State January allocation and statutory budget support fund.

While all states in Nigeria received their full allocation from the federation account last month, the budget support fund was not release to Ekiti State thereby making it impossible for the state to meet its financial obligations, most especially the payment of salaries.

Three weeks after Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting, they have refused to tell us why they denied Ekiti State of the statutory allocation, and our letter to the Minister of Finance was ignored.

In another drama, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is now harassing major contractors handling Ekiti State Government projects, with a view to making sure that the projects are abandoned just because of 2018 election.

Obviously, these APC leaders in Ekiti State and their collaborators in Abuja fear that the completion of our ongoing legacy projects like the Overhead Bridge, Oja Oba Market, High Court Complex, Governor Office, Roads construction, among others, will further endear our party, the PDP to the people who will be positively affected.

One wonders why the APC will desire that Ekiti people suffer just because of desperation for power.

To prevent these projects from being completed, we have it on good authority that accounts of contractors handling major projects are to be frozen, thus prevent completion of the projects in record time.

It is so sad that anyone in his or her right senses will want to prevent workers from being paid and projects from being completed just because of their desperation to wrestle power from me, having failed in all theor previous attempts.

Interestingly, this same EFCC that is always in a hurry to harass my government has refused to act on several petitions submitted to it on the wanton looting of the State treasury by the immediate past APC government of Dr Kayode Fayemi.

However, notwithstanding this new evil plot against the government and people of Ekiti State, I will remain undaunted, believing strongly that God will again overcome this evil-machination. Definitely, this too shall pass.

As much as I believe in the fight against corruption, it must not be political and it must be done within the ambit of the law. The EFCC must be prosecutor and not persecutor.

Governor Peter Ayodele Fayose
(Governor Ekiti State)[/s]

Trash. Fayose we are tired of your whining abeg. Its getting boring.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by seunmsg(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
I don't like Fayose for anything but it would be very wrong if the States allocation for January was truly withheld. I hope the ministry of finance will quickly put a lie to this news or at least, tell Nigerians the reasons for withholding the States allocation.

3 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by Musampa73(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
Lemme park my Toyota Camry here.
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by bkool7(m): 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
Though i am Apc but if this is true ...it is not fair
Élection is not do or die
The grass shouldnt cont. to suffer cos two éléphants are fighting
Only if this is true sha o ...cos Fayose too is full of propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by Standing5(m): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
Did 'they' also stop you IGR?

7 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by richidinho(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
seunmsg:
I don't like Fayose for anything but it would be very wrong if the States allocation for January was truly withheld. I hope the ministry of finance will quickly put a lie to this news or at least, tell Nigerians the reasons for withholding the States allocation.

Godbless you bro!
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by kutchs: 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
Keneking:
Ok all I see are:

- speculation
- speculations
- Useless speculation to defend his inability to pay workers salary.

Abeg what about Fayose poultry farm?
You call it speculation? Speculation indeed.
He claims that January allocation due his state from the Federation Account has been withheld by the FG and you call it speculation. Can you prove that it wasn't withheld?

Like he said if the APC led FG has a problem with Fayose as a person, they shouldn't take it out the innocent and poor people of Ekiti. It's petty and then totally unacceptable. The people must not be made to suffer for the hatred for the governor, remember there are APC members in Ekiti too except of course the FG will pay them and punish PDP members.

Obasanjo did it to Tinubu and Lagos State and was roundly condemned, supporting the wickedness of the FG because you hate Fayose is silly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by Babacele: 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
armed robber governor always lying and looking for opportunity to steal sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by toask111: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
Are you from Ekiti? Do you work or have anyone working in the Ekiti state civil service?
Do you want God's judgement that will befall Fayose amd hia family to befall you?
See we civil servants in the Ekiti state govt are veryy angryyyy and hungry at the same time. Fayose ia taking us for a fool. He is heartless. This man collected #9+ billions of naira from FG as bailout during his first year in office, what did he use d money for?
2, he has been collecting FG allocation every month coupled with other grants from FG over the years.
3, he collected #9.8 Billion Paris refund bailout from FG December last year, This is Aside Federal allocation from that month coupled with #1.3 Billion budget support fund (this is just addition FG is giving to states so that they can pay their workers).
Out of all the money that stupid man collected in December, he only pay a month salary in December deapite collecting these huge monies from FG.
He is now lying that FG has not released January allocation to him. This man is the greatest lyer i have ever seen.
The FG has tried to probe how states spent the Paris bailout, it's only Fayose that is not allowing that.
Now tell me if u are in FG's shoe what will you do?
Mind you Fayose is owing Ekiti civil servants 6 months salary. We workers are dying of hunger while Fayose is enjoying himself dancing around amd cutting ponmo up amd down

kutchs:

You call it speculation? Speculation indeed.
He claims that January allocation due his state from the Federation Account has been withheld by the FG and you call it speculation. Can you prove that it wasn't withheld?

Like he said if the APC led FG has a problem with Fayose as a person, they shouldn't take it out the innocent and poor people of Ekiti. It's petty and then totally unacceptable. The people must not be made to suffer for the hatred for the governor, remember there are APC members in Ekiti too except of course the FG will pay them and punish PDP members.

Obasanjo did it to Tinubu and Lagos State and was roundly condemned, supporting the wickedness of the FG because you hate Fayose is silly.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by MadeInTokyo: 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Welcome to Anarchy and military regime

Nigeria is now a janja-weed republic under the confused dullard called Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by REDshouse(m): 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
obasanjo withheld Lagos allowcation for more than 18 months but still Lagos survive it under Timing..... So let him also try and show us his leadership skills .....

But it is serious ...how on earth will such happen in democracy.....

But needs to hear from Fg cos there might be something he is hiding

6 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by babyfaceafrica: 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
Source?
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by vedaxcool(m): 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
toask111:
Are you from Ekiti? Do you work or have anyone working in the Ekiti state civil service?
Do you want God's judgement that will befall Fayose amd hia family to befall you?
See we civil servants in the Ekiti state govt are veryy angryyyy and hungry at the same time. Fayose ia taking us for a fool. He is heartless. This man collected #9+ billions of naira from FG as bailout during his first year in office, what did he use d money for?
2, he has been collecting FG allocation every month coupled with other grants from FG over the years.
3, he collected #9.8 Billion Paris refund bailout from FG December last year, This is Aside Federal allocation from that month coupled with #1.3 Billion budget support fund (this is just addition FG is giving to states so that they can pay their workers).
Out of all the money that stupid man collected in December, he only pay a month salary in December deapite collecting these huge monies from FG.
He is now lying that FG has not released January allocation to him. This man is the greatest lyer i have ever seen.
The FG has tried to probe how states spent the Paris bailout, it's only Fayose that is not allowing that.
Mind you Fayose is owing Ekiti civil servants 6 months salary. We workers are dying of hunger while Fayose is enjoying himself dancing around amd cutting ponmo up amd down

I hope the fools that have made Fayose Eze Onyara can finally have some sense of dignity and call his charade of an administration to order

4 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by ticker(m): 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
toask111:

malicious allegation
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by searchng4love: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
APC should learn to leave this man alone .... They keep making him relevant through their actions and inactions.
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by toask111: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
@ticker if what i posted earlier is a lie may God kill me! But if what i posted is the truth and that we Ekiti civil servant are hungry truely and that despite the fact that fayose colleected all these money and he is still owing us 6 months salary, may thunder strike you down and may you never have favour in your life and may you experience what we r going through under Fayose's rule.

Google all i posted, make your findings instead of saying thrash. I am very angry with the man cos he is heartless

ticker:
malicious allegation

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by searchng4love: 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
toask111:
@ticker if what i posted earlier is a lie may God kill me! But if what i posted is the truth and that we Ekiti civil servant are hungry truely and that despite the fact that fayose colleected all these money and he is still owing us 6 months salary, may thunder strike you down and may you never have favour in your life and may you experience what we r going through under Fayose's rule.

Google all i posted, make your findings instead of saying thrash. I am very angry with the man cos he is heartless

I feel you. When I see senior civil servants begging for their ward's in private schools... It's always not nice... But APC keeps reinforcing Fayose's relevance... People like ojudu and fayemi should steer clear of Ekiti if they want something meaningful in Ekiti... Just leave him with Segun Oni... And the masses.

1 Like

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by toask111: 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
Thank you jare. I'm not even here to talk abt any political party. But the way Fayose is playing us. I'm angryy, what we are going through is not easy. Being owed 6 months salary is not a joke in this recession when prices of goods and services have gone up

searchng4love:

I feel you. When I see senior civil servants begging for their ward's in private schools... It's always not nice... But APC keeps reinforcing Fayose's relevance... People like ojudu and fayemi should steer clear of Ekiti if they want something meaningful in Ekiti... Just leave him with Segun Oni... And the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
And this is the man wailers propose we elect as president in 2019 grin
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by Opakan2: 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
I am happy Fayose the Clueless mofo from otueke rigged in is still in government while he is nowhere to be found

The same fayose has closed his chapter and is now working with other SW governors for the progress of yorubaland
who says Karma is not real

2 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by searchng4love: 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
toask111:
Thank you jare. I'm not even here to talk abt any political party. But the way Fayose is playing us. I'm angryy, what we are going through is not easy. Being owed 6 months salary is not a joke in this recession when prices of goods and services have gone up

Fayemi caused the nonsense. NLC Ekiti seems compromised.
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by toask111: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
Let's agree it was Fayemi that caused it, what did Fayose use the numerous bailouts he collected for? see Fayose has taught us never to allow former governors to return to Ekiti government house. Fayose promised us heaven on earth that he would treat us good when he was campaining to return to govt house now he is doing other side. We don't want any of the former governors again!

searchng4love:

3 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by searchng4love: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
toask111:
Let's agree it was Fayemi that caused it, what did Fayose use the numerous bailouts he collected for? see Fayose has taught us never to allow former governors to return to Ekiti government house. Fayose promised us heaven on earth that he would treat us good when he was campaining to return to govt house now he is doing other side. We don't want any of the former governors again!

He only promised that " nkan po tamaa pin" everybody lo maa gbadun.... Bro he wasn't lying... Only that you didn't get the context of the vows.... In Fayose's book everyone refers to himself alone!
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by pluto09(m): 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
searchng4love:

I attended a meeting last week and I can say categorically that there is no labour in ekiti.what we have are fools parading themselves as labour leaders. Fayose bleeps up big time and I am really disappointed.

5 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by KINGwax007(m): 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
Is it the same workers that haven't been paid since 8months now?

2 Likes

Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by ticker(m): 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
toask111:

your comments only depict that you are not well-cultured. please take your barbarism elsewhere, nigga am busy
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by kutchs: 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
toask111:

Just shut your trap and be reasonable for once.
Whether Fayose is owing salary arrears isn't the issue, the issue is that the FG has no right to withhold what rightfully and constitutionally belong to Ekiti State Govt. The FG may decide to withhold bail out fund but not allocation from the Federation Account, it's unconstitutionally.
Now tell me is Fayose the only governor owing salary arrears?
In Benue State the people haven't been paid since Septemeber 2016, Kogi workers are groaning under hardship occasioned by Yahaya Bello's refusal to pay salary, why weren't their own allocations seized as well?

How many governors have judiciously utilized bail out funds giving to them by the FG? How many of them have been punished the way Fayose is being punished?
Re: Siezure Of Ekiti State Federal Allocation: Fayose Press Statement by genearts(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
we are just 14 days into february and you are about just a delay in january allocation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:nnamdi Kanu Unveil Secret Security / Gombe Assembly Passes ₦120 Billion 2021 Budget / Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.