Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive (3864 Views)

Nigeria Has ‘Most Expensive’ Internet Globally, Surfshark Press Study / If I Can Make It This, You Too. I Didnt Spend A Dime / LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
just imagine 188k.

sorry for posting this in the wrong section tho....

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
Its because of the exchange rate but however its not meant to be cheap. Its an Apple.

4 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by jeyselassie(m): 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
huh. common am an apple fan thats quite expensive naa
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by tayoxx(m): 11:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
Life no fair at all oo... see me de hear dey hustle 200k as start up... nai person go carry 188k go buy airpod... Chei baba pick my call oo

5 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by falcon01: 6:27am On Feb 15, 2017
If you are wealthy wnough you can buy it..
With money all things are possible
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Dexema(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2017
The Samsung A7 PHONE is only 9k more than the stupid airpods wey one ear fit lost the next week. Thunder faya apple.
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 8:08am On Feb 15, 2017
Dexema:
The Samsung A7 PHONE is only 9k more than the stupid airpods wey one ear fit lost the next week. Thunder faya apple.
dont blame apple, blame your exchange rate seriously. The device is $159 and shouldn't be more than 50 thousand of your naira if not for your government

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Glory12345(f): 8:39am On Feb 15, 2017
better goan buy itel grin grin
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by kowalsky: 9:16am On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
dont blame apple, blame your exchange rate seriously. The device is $159 and shouldn't be more than 50 thousand of your naira if not for your government

159USD for earpods. still overpriced

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 9:19am On Feb 15, 2017
kowalsky:

159USD for earpods. still overpriced
it is not for the non working class citizens.
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Segadem(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
government or no government, how can $159 equals to #180,000?

7 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:

$160 for a pair of wireless airpods that doesn't even have good bass is still too expensive. Even Americans know it is expensive and people that buy it only buy it for show off. There are lots of $80 wireless headphones that sound a lot better.
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 15, 2017
angry

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by rookidmart: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2017
Nawa for Slot o.
The airpods cost $160 as retail price, and as retailers they can get it from Apple cheaper than that.
$160 even with dollar pegged at ₦1000/$ is not up to the price they are selling.
What is the line between business and greed?
Between making a profit and exploitation?

5 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by samsam2019: 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
stop defending nonsense. Some very good phones are even cheaper

Even at $159 it's still massively overpriced
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by samsam2019: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
greenhulk:

$160 for a pair of wireless airpods that doesn't even have good bass is still too expensive. Even Americans know it is expensive and people that buy it only buy it for show off. There are lots of $80 wireless headphones that sound a lot better.
you de mind am
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
samsam2019:
stop defending nonsense. Some very good phones are even cheaper

Even at $159 it's still massively overpriced
apple products are specifically meant for the working class citizens, everyone knows how expensive apple products can be, if you feel it is above your budget, you can kindly go for other alternatives. Don't work yourself up over that.
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
greenhulk:

no one is saying it is not expensive, I am pointing out the fact that it isn't as expensive as the op and Nigerian economy paints it to be. If one can afford to get it, they can go for it, if not they can look at other alternatives, it's a device that one would WANT, not NEED.
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
no one is saying it is not expensive, I am pointing out the fact that it isn't as expensive as the op and Nigerian economy paints it to be. If one can afford to get it, they can go for it, if not they can look at other alternatives, it's a device that one would WANT, not NEED.

Yes I understand u clearly. Actually I don't know what slot were thinking putting this thing a 180k. Even if it is sold for $200 at N500 exhange rate the price shouldn't be more than 100k. (Though official price is $160). When u remove the apple logo on this thing with same quality the price shouldn't be more than $80.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
greenhulk:

Yes I understand u clearly. Actually I don't know what slot were thinking putting this thing a 180k. Even if it is sold for $200 at N500 exhange rate the price shouldn't be more than 100k. (Though official price is $160). When u remove the apple logo on this thing with same quality the price shouldn't be more than $80.
exactly. You are right... Where can one get these AirPods at even a cheaper rate that would work with the iphone? I need one myself.
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Lagusta(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:

even during the days of jonathan, 50k was alot of money....

i'll prefer buying beats by dre for 7500 in those days than to buy this for 50k, the hype is much joor
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
Lagusta:

i'll prefer buying beats by dre for 7500 in those days than to buy this for 50k, the hype is much joor
beat by dre was never 7500, except maybe it's a clone / non original
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by samsam2019: 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
apple products are specifically meant for the working class citizens, everyone knows how expensive apple products can be, if you feel it is above your budget, you can kindly go for other alternatives. Don't work yourself up over that.
when and where did apple state categorically that their products are for the working class? What kind of rubbish is this

For the sake of those close to you I really hope you don't reason this way
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2017
samsam2019:
when and where did apple state categorically that their products are for the working class? What kind of rubbish is this

For the sake of those close to you I really hope you don't reason this way
if it was a device meant for the non working class you wouldn't be ranting all over the thread. Apple devices are super expensive yet they are sold daily. If you feel the device is above your budget like I stated clearly you can go for other cheaper options, if you say it's not only for the working class and can afford it without being affected then go for it and stop disturbing my mentions. I am not apple and neither am I using your AirPods with you . undecided
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Lagusta(m): 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
beat by dre was never 7500, except maybe it's a clone / non original

i actually didnt know the price, but i"m actually talking about the small beats by dre ear pieces, not the headphones or the pill speakers.....
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by samsam2019: 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
if it was a device meant for the non working class you wouldn't be ranting all over the thread. Apple devices are super expensive yet they are sold daily. If you feel the device is above your budget like I stated clearly you can go for other cheaper options, if you say it's not only for the working class and can afford it without being affected then go for it and stop disturbing my mentions. I am not apple and neither am I using your AirPods with you . undecided
you must be really fun at parties, eh?

Here is it, I would not put my money on an average pair of earphones all because it has apple name on it (its not even about big able to afford it)

And you're talking cap you can't even defend. Millions of apple products are bought by kids and teenagers and you're still here talking about working class.

Let me just stop here as you have so far made no sense
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by somehowpenis(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
samsam2019:
you must be really fun at parties, eh?

Here is it, I would not put my money on an average pair of earphones all because it has apple name on it (its not even about big able to afford it)

And you're talking cap you can't even defend. Millions of apple products are bought by kids and teenagers and you're still here talking about working class.

Let me just stop here as you have so far made no sense
then leave the device to the kids and stop whining on my mention about getting AirPod stuffs or not .
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:
exactly. You are right... Where can one get these AirPods at even a cheaper rate that would work with the iphone? I need one myself.

To be frank those things are scarce. Even though apple says it's $160, most websites are selling for above $200. On Amazon it's almost $290 and that will run u about N92,000 when u use ur naira MasterCard. There are other alternatives but not sure all functions of the official airbuds will work, like activating once u put it in ur ears. But u can search for flossy Carter on YouTube, he has reviewed a bunch of wireless headphones, I'm sure u will see ones that are lot cheaper and better than the apple airpods.

Or if u don't mind check out Samsung gear icon which is gonna run u about $150 or N48k using ur naira MasterCard.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
Lagusta:

Did u just say beats by Dre for 7,500?
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
somehowpenis:

Bros no need to stress urself. A range Rover sport and a Toyota RAV 4 are both SUV's, both will get u from point a to point b, both have airbags, ac, leather seat, keyless entry, etc. But one is at least 4 times more expensive than the other. If u cannot afford something then buy what u can afford. It's as simple as that. Apple products are not basic necessities, not for someone still thinking where his next meal is gonna come from.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Lagusta(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2017
greenhulk:

Did u just say beats by Dre for 7,500?

i'm talking about the small earpiece, not the big headphones or the speakers
Re: I Didnt Know Iphone Wireless Airpords Was This Expensive by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
Lagusta:

i'm talking about the small earpiece, not the big headphones or the speakers

Still not N7,500.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Play Fifa 12 on Tecno L3 / The Real Reason Why Micro SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Smartphones / Konga Is This True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.