Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria (16305 Views)

8 Years Gone. Am Tired Of Being Jobless / Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) / 1.7 Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2016- Bureau Of Public Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:03am On Feb 15, 2017
The Nigerian job market has remained crowded with unemployment on the rise. This has made a lot of hard working graduates remain jobless in Nigeria. I still stand on my opinion that there are jobs for those who are qualified to get it. There are so many ways to remain jobless in this country, but I will just give out the popular few that I have seen people do. It is not a means to cajole, but to allow lucky readers to have a great change of mindset.

Waiting For the Destined Time

Over time, I have heard a lot of jobseekers say something like “I know my time will come.” This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. Who allocates the time to people? Like a wise man said, “time is now.” Whoever told you that your time will come is definitely a scammer or a con-person. That time you have been waiting for is now! Nobody somewhere has written anything like a scheduled date and kept for you to reach.

I know a lot of people might argue that I am sounding off their religious doctrine, but the when you realize that time has nothing to do with your present situation; you would stand up and act fast. When next you are tempted to say “I know my time will soon come”, look at the clock again and ask yourself “Whose person’s time am I using now.”

Believing in Only Connections:

The moment you start to wait for that uncle somewhere to fulfill his promise to get you a job, that is the moment your jobless state will start.

“No one cares about me!” This should be your everyday anthem. And truly, nobody really cares about you. I know a friend that his uncle promised him a local Govt job immediately he graduated; he just celebrated his 3rd homestay anniversary. The moment you realize that your life is a one man race that is when you think outside the box.

Everyone knows that connections play a great role in Nigeria, but I have seen thousands of people get to the top without knowing anybody. A lot of jobseekers go for interviews or send out applications with a mindset of “They will still choose their people”, which is very bad. This belief does not rub you off your ability to think outside the box, it also makes you lose self-confidence in your abilities to impress the interviewers. Go out there and tweak the present situation to favor you. Don’t wait for nobody; they are not so willing to help!

Waiting for the Dream Job to come First:

Like it is called “Dream Job,” it might never get to come. This is really one of the top ways that have rendered a lot of graduates jobless in Nigeria.

“Whatever thy hand finds to do, do it with all thy might” A wise man said those words.

Staying at home and waiting for that perfect job, robs you off your mental intelligence. Research has shown that your chances of getting another job on a job are higher than getting a job without a job.
There is no dream job, it is just an illusion. Any job you see should be a job, while you dream up for better ones. You don’t underrate a job because you have built up an illusion of the kind of Job you are waiting for; yet you are still at home. Start something and get going.

Submitting “ONE TYPE” CV and Cover Letter for all Job Roles

A lot of graduates believe that the CVs and Cover letters don’t really play a great deal when it comes to selecting applicants to be recruited. A lot of HR personnel make decision based on what they “THINK” of you while reading your CV. They don’t know you and you don’t know them, so the only thing that speaks for you are your CV and Cover letter. For every advertised job, there is a specific requirement that the recruiters want from their dream candidate. Tailoring your CV to the specification gives you a good chance of getting an invite.

Sending out a general CV to all job roles is like using a fat person measurement to sew a suit for a slim person, it wouldn’t fit at all. You need the Job, take the stress and do all what is required from you.

SEE===>http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-good-cover-letter/

Not Having A skill

If you have read http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/ you would understand what I mean. Nobody wants to hire someone who is just good at one thing. You must show the interviewer that you are bringing a cherished talent into the company.

Can you increase sales?

Can you help the cut down on lots of assignments they outsource?

Can you help them manage that website that a consultant is charging them for?

Can you even service all the computers in the company in case of any breakdown?

There are lots of them, just attach it to your cover letter and watch the magic that follows.

Now you have heard and seen; it depends on you to take action. There are lots of attitude which might keep robbing you off a job. Know what you are doing wrong and take the necessary corrections.

You can add up your own ideas using the comment section. Thanks.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/ways-to-remian-jobless-in-nigeria/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by FreeSpirited: 8:52am On Feb 15, 2017
Lala.....what are you doing
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2017
Believing it's all about luck.

Some people don't even prepare for aptitude tests and interviews. You will go for a recruitment exercise and see graduates who are totally oblivious of the firm's recruitment process; their pattern of questions, stages...etc and you wonder what they have been using their internet connections for.

They will tell you it's not about reading the whole GMAT, that it's luck.

4 Likes

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by talk2archy: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2017
You cannever be a tither and reamain jobles is not possible beleive it or yes PERIOD.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by kilokeys(m): 10:37am On Feb 15, 2017
JUST PRAYING AND DOING NOTHING

Some years ago, i was asked to pray in our morning devotion.. i refused.. they thought i hd gone crazy or rebellious.. it was an awakening within me.. christ has done it all.. go out there and get it. i had to leave my comfort zone.. got a job in abuja , crazy boss, resigned, moved to ph, came back to abuja, squatted with a friend, slept on the floor for months.. walked up to pple everywhere , chatted them up.. changed two jobs now.. switched careers ( left comatose engineering and delved into HSE), did some cheffing, wrote poetry for money.

now i work as a safety officer, member of ISPON, nebosh certified , teach music after work, get paid to play in a church tongue, a little ponziing, done two tracks as an artiste..... the hustle continues..

faith without work is very dead

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by seXytOhbAd(m): 10:38am On Feb 15, 2017
WAYS to ensure you remain jobless :

1. Waiting for Baba God to give you a miracle job without going out to hustle
2. They have reserved the job for their family or tribe mentality
3. Hoping on man. Man can fail you at any point
4. Trying to sleep with anyone to get a job
5. Not trying to start a small business.
6. Living in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by DESTINY41(m): 10:38am On Feb 15, 2017
In the land of the living
And the time of recession
The DESTINY of a country
REST on the shoulder of an old man

His NAME !!!!

. BWWWWWAAAAARRRRRIIII

3 Likes

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by mykeljosef: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2017
slap your boss and make a sex tape with his wife

better still if you own a shop/warehouse burn it down regularly

that should help
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by Sanuzi(m): 10:38am On Feb 15, 2017
ok
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by seguno2: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2017
Is this thread a joke or sarcasm to jolt someone out of his joblessness?
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by koolib(m): 10:39am On Feb 15, 2017
Nice
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by kateskitty(f): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2017
Here are Some awesome jobs if you want to work from home

http://syberkart.com/blog/awesome-jobs-want-work-home/

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by UncleSnr(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2017
Why hustle for jobs, when you can write and sell projects for undergraduate and postgraduates at www.projectshamba.com
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by ritababe(f): 10:41am On Feb 15, 2017
seguno2:
Is this thread a joke or sarcasm to jolt someone out of his joblessness?

lol

1 Like

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by holluwai(m): 10:41am On Feb 15, 2017
if your papa no know somebody for nigeria na wahala.... All na Grace of God

PS; Better job o, no be driver for brt job I dey talk o

1 Like

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by Evinsco(m): 10:42am On Feb 15, 2017
Booked
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by 4ckyou: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2017
kateskitty:
Hi

hello
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by MrGreenMavro: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2017
grin

yOU CAN'T BE JOBLESS...SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO GIVE YOU A Mouth Action angry angry
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by AnotherSeun(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2017
when highlighting problems like this... perhaps you should endeavor placing some of the solutions beside it...
in a country like ours,,, what do you think a job seeker can do,,,,,, to be sure of getting a job atleast even with the lowest salary structure....

... Am sure you are expecting a job seeker to walk the whole town and city seeking for a job... has this always work?

5 Likes

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by okooloyun1(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2017
talk2archy:
You cannever be a tither and reamain jobles is not possible beleive it or yes PERIOD.
How do you expect someone that doesn't have a job to pay tithe, is tithe not 10% of ur salary? See as I dey look you..

21 Likes

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2017
most employed niggas look down on the unemployed ones as if they themselves started working from their mother's womb. there is this attitude they display when they know you are jobless . they think they are better, smarter and fortunate , not until one crazy boss deletes them from his payroll. the best thing is to be self employed. i won't allow a fellow human being determine my fate economically.

6 Likes

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by ALAYORMII: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2017
Being too choosy

1 Like

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by jahbiz: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2017
talk2archy:
Really?
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by TANKDESTROYER(m): 10:49am On Feb 15, 2017
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by oladipo322(m): 10:52am On Feb 15, 2017
DESTINY41:
In the land of the living And the time of recession The DESTINY of a country REST on the shoulder of an old man
His NAME !!!!
. BWWWWWAAAAARRRRRIIII
Are u OK?
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2017
talk2archy:
And someone liked this post? Hmmm....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by nmreports: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2017
Dont remain jobless o.
Apply fast for the ongoing Nigeria Stock Exchange Vacancy:

https://www.nairaland.com/3629568/nigeria-stock-exchange-urgent-recruitment
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by Phemmygbl(m): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2017
Hmm
Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
DESTINY41:
In the land of the living
And the time of recession
The DESTINY of a country
REST on the shoulder of an old man

His NAME !!!!

. BWWWWWAAAAARRRRRIIII

Re: Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria by senitorspeaker(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2017
You forgot to add the worst one

'Being a whistle blower'

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Ways To Search For Jobs After Graduation / Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? / N-power Batch C Shortlist: How To Fix "Blank Verification Page" Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.