Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,336 members, 7,853,510 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:02 PM

This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo (1525 Views)

Buhari's First Day In Office As Military Head Of State 1983 / Obafemi Awolowo And His Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1937 (Throwback Photo) / REVEALED| Obasanjo Reveals ‘saddest Day’ Of His Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by TheHerald: 10:13am On Feb 15, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo recently revealed the saddest day of his life which was when he appeared before the military tribunal that tried him for alleged complicity in a coup against late former military dictator, Sani Abacha.

While leading a morning devotion to mark Valentine’s Day at his Presidential Hilltop residence in Abeokuta, Ogun state on Tuesday, February 14, he said:

“My saddest day was when I sat in front of a military panel set up by late former Head of State, Sani Abacha to try me over a phantom coup, and sentenced to death and later commuted to 30 years imprisonment.”

While speaking, he also read from the Bible book of Isaiah 45:1-4 and spoke of how when the jail term was given, he had asked himself if he deserved the treatment meted to him, but that he left everything in the hand of God.

“God has always been giving me immense favour beyond my own expectations and what I deserve from Him. And I used to tell people that God has been partial to me from childhood,” he said.

He also revealed how following pressure from international community leaders including former American president, Jimmy Carter, the Abacha regime reduced his sentence to 15 years.

However, when Abacha died, he spent only three years in prison. When he left prison, he said he met an agitation for him to contest for president, adding, “but the rest is history.”

He also said: “I was born in a village and anybody born in that village would have concluded that the popularity of those born there would not go beyond the next village. My parents were complete illiterates.”

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/saddest-day-life-obasanjo/#QjxFKRxr44Z0xSYe.99
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by GreatEngineer(m): 10:20am On Feb 15, 2017
After all that God has done for you, you are still going about doing evil to people.

You will still return back to the prison one cos that's were you belong.

3 Likes

Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by Etzakoos(m): 10:23am On Feb 15, 2017
Baba Iyabo....No Any Joy Man Without A Sad In Their Life
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 10:32am On Feb 15, 2017
“My saddest day was when I sat in front of a military panel set up by late former Head of State, Sani Abacha to try me over a phantom coup, and sentenced to death and later commuted to 30 years imprisonment.”
And from the prison you became president,Obasanjo, God really favoured you ,but you don't favour yourself.As a matter of fact,you are the cause of the problem this country is facing now because you failed to do the needful from 1999 due to your selfishness and greediness.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by Toosure70: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2017
God, please favour me also more than my expectation.
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2017
Baawaa:

And from the prison you became president,Obasanjo, God really favoured you ,but you don't favour yourself.As a matter of fact,you are the cause of the problem this country is facing now because you failed to do the needful from 1999 due to your selfishness and greediness.
true talk
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:43am On Feb 15, 2017
u destroyed Nigeria and caused the untimely death of many civil servants after u sold Nigeria assets God will forever purnish u
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by mybestlove(m): 10:52am On Feb 15, 2017
You should always be sad. You and your evil men have hijacked this nation in the spirit world thereby, making things difficult for the people.
You should be sad because you and most of the politicians have sold your soul to the devil and therefore, decided to unleash suffering on the good people.
Your saddest day is still in the future.
Unless you change your ways.
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by SalamRushdie: 10:56am On Feb 15, 2017
So the saddest day in his life is not when he lost his mum or wife ?
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
Obj
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by eposho: 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
So the saddest day in his life is not when he lost his mum or wife ?
Abi ohh,man has no feeling.
Just return stolen money and forget isaih 45 something jare.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by orunto27: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
The Lord watches over the ways of the Righteous but the ways of the Selfish shall perish.
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by inourcare: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
good to hear.
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by orunto27: 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
GreatEngineer:
After all that God has done for you, you are still going about doing evil to people.

All OBJ's enemies shall perish IJN AMEN!!!
OBJ has dealt more righteously to Nigeria than any one in History. The Records are there even in England for any one to verify.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by nabiz(m): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
So obasanjo believes in God grin
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by GMBuhari: 12:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
GreatEngineer:

You haven't heard that majority of those who cursed and wished Obasanjo dead are suffering immensely? Obj is a spirit , you curse him, you get cursed
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by Jabioro: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Baba you have golden opportunity before you when God favour you,but failed to utilize it.. You could have restructure or divides the damn geographical land of Lord Lugard marriage.. by now the dust could have cleared...
Re: This Is My Saddest Day In My Life - Obasanjo by orunto27: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
As an Apostle of Jesus Christ, Life is becoming more meaningful and real to you, isn't it? That all is not a Bed of Roses.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari Sacks All NCAA Directors / Buhari's Medicare In UK Hospital Disrupted After 'Ransomware' Cyber Attack / Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra And The False Premise - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.