Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Four Common Mistakes Nigerian (upcoming) Rappers Make - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Four Common Mistakes Nigerian (upcoming) Rappers Make (574 Views)

5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success / 5 Common Mistakes Made In Resume Writing / Four Common Reasons Why Your Life Plans Ain't Working Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Common Mistakes Nigerian (upcoming) Rappers Make by Niceboyx4(m): 2:25am On Feb 16, 2017
Anybody can be a rapper, is it not about chanting lyrics to flow rhythmically on beat? What stands you out in the rap game is the quality of your contents, your lyrics and how well you can deliver.When I listen to some upcoming artistes’ rap songs, I smile and shake my head, hell no! this is not what rap is, but how do you tell Nigerian budding rappers they are not good to go to the public with such rap songs without them feeling turned down? They see the review as abhorrence, instead of picking up your points and fine-tune their contents.
They also come up with “but, this is a street rap song” excuse, yes it is a street rap song, however, street is also concerned about your deliveries if not (fully) concerned about your contents, so far you flow well and deliver, the streets will definitely embrace you.
When a rap song is good, you won’t stress much on promoting such song, the quality of the song backed up with your little efforts will work out the magical promotions. At this point, it is important to know, before you throw-out any rap, get people who will tell you the truth to listen nicely and critically to the song.
Most Nigerian (rising) rappers will do well as singers than doing rap songs. Rap is not just for anybody, be sure of what you are before calling yourself a rapper. Don’t just write the lyrics, record and throw it out to the public without critical review, if you’ve been doing that, you are wrong!
These are simple factors you need to consider before you think you have made a rap song or arrived.
1. Spitting out Songs with no Meaning
This is common in Nigeria music industry, not limited to upcoming rappers alone, our so called A-list rappers also poison our ears with meaningless songs, by the time you ask them to interpret what their rap is all about, you see them go back and forth with no reasonable result.
Music listeners are not even helping, they just want to listen to the rhymes and leave the rest without probing what the song is really about. A rap song must have a message it revolves around. When your rap song has no message, you have fa...........
http://www.loadedchuks.com/2016/03/four-common-mistakes-nigerian-upcoming.html

1 Share

Re: Four Common Mistakes Nigerian (upcoming) Rappers Make by music4me(m): 3:56am On Feb 16, 2017
Mariama Ba's So Long A Letter comes to mind...

1 Like

Re: Four Common Mistakes Nigerian (upcoming) Rappers Make by Niceboyx4(m): 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
music4me:
Mariama Ba's So Long A Letter comes to mind...

What

(1) (Reply)

... / Just Before You Call It Quit. / Solar Panel Installation Training In PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.