Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers (31734 Views)

IPOB Commences Printing Of 40 Million Ballot Papers For Referendum / Lagos LG Election: Protest Over Ballot Papers Found In Bus At Agege / Edo Tribunal: Recounted Ballot Papers Show Discrepancies With Inec’s Figure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by kahal29: 7:48am On Feb 16, 2017
The Edo State Election Petitions Tribunal has released results of the recounted ballot papers used for the September 28 governorship election.

In its ruling on February 9, 2017, the three-man tribunal headed by Justice Ahmed Badamasi granted the prayers of the People’s Democratic Party and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu by ordering the recount of ballot papers in Egor, Akoko-Edo, Etsako West and Etsako East local government areas.

The APC won in all the four local government areas where the ballot papers were recounted.

However, the ballot papers which held for two days could not be concluded following the expiration of the period given to the petitioners to prove their cases.

From the results released, only eight wards were counted in three local government areas while no ballot papers were recounted in Estako East local government.

In the report signed by the Assistant Secretary to the tribunal, Buhari Sani, and given to parties in the case, the recounting exercise was concluded in Wards 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in Etsako West Local Government Area, Wards 1 and 2 in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area and Ward 1 of Egor Local Government Area.

The recounting from Estako West showed that Ward 1 had 1,281 votes, Ward 2 had 1,542 votes, Ward 3 had 1,490 votes, Ward 4 had 1,994 and Ward 5 had 3,025 votes.

In Akoko-Edo, Ward 1 had a total of 3,206 and Ward 2 had a total of 3,849 votes.

The only ward counted in Egor local government had 3,217 votes.

Sani said the recounting stopped at 1pm by the tribunal on the application of Counsel to the Governor Godwin Obaseki.

The tribunal resumes sitting on Friday with INEC opening its defence of the case.

http://thenationonlineng.net/edo-polls-tribunal-releases-results-of-recounted-ballot-papers/

http://leaders.ng/edo-polls-tribunal-releases-results-recounted-ballot-papers/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by HungerBAD: 7:48am On Feb 16, 2017
I am confused here.

What kind of article is this?if the votes were counted, i think we should have been informed which party got what votes in the wards. Instead of just telling us the total numbers of votes cast.

12 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by thesicilian: 7:56am On Feb 16, 2017
The truth is that after the disastrous 8yrs rule of Lucky Igbinedion, there's no way PDP could have, or will ever, win the governorship election in Edo State.

46 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 16, 2017
Tribunal is just a name, it can't remove a sitting governor that's it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Aristo3146(m): 8:10am On Feb 16, 2017
Reminds me my old high school days, I score 71 in an exams (mumu sit down nah) i went and applied for remarking... Na so remarking reset my scores to 69...my eyes clear walahi...

37 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by pyyxxaro: 8:21am On Feb 16, 2017
Ok
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by kinggenesis(m): 8:45am On Feb 16, 2017
Aristo3146:
Reminds me my old high school days, I score 71 in an exams (mumu sit down nah) i went and applied for remarking... Na so remarking reset my scores to 69...my eyes clear walahi...
I can relate to this. cheesy cheesy

18 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by leofab(f): 9:12am On Feb 16, 2017
Bleep
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Nukualofa: 9:14am On Feb 16, 2017
The Nation newspaper is giving out false information, it refuse to inform the readers that the total number of recounted votes didn't tally with what was written in INEC form

The result on INEC form was over bloated by as much as 3000 in each ward.

PDP used the stronghold of Oshimole for recounting to show the level of impunity done there

Tinubu should stop being stupid

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by omosefeeguaibor(f): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
I am confused here.

What kind of article is this?if the votes were counted, i think we should have been informed which party got what votes in the wards. Instead of just telling us the total numbers of votes cast.
My point exactly, afterall that was the sole aim of recounting the votes

2 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by ipobarecriminals: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2017
embarassed grin let that "Pastor" go and preach the Gospel".

3 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by omowolewa: 9:34am On Feb 16, 2017
Heay yeaH
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by izzou(m): 9:34am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
I am confused here.

Beer parlour journalism

I shock sef

grin

4 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Pavore9: 9:38am On Feb 16, 2017
And what each party got was ommited! angry
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 16, 2017
Aristo3146:

gringrin
from A to Bgrin

1 Like

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by juman(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2017
Jeffboi:
Tribunal is just a name, it can't remove a sitting governor that's it

You are wrong. Under sensible government the tribunal can remove even a sitting governor.

That was how oshiomole and mimiko became governors.
But under this confused apc government, one should not expect sensible decision from tribunals

8 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by klax(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2017
PDP should not bothers about edo election the election had being hijacked and the winner had being concluded in Abuja 2 weeks before the election every other things are just pure noise and time wasting. *The more you look the less you see* that is the game and its for the wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by bonechamberlain(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2017
Nonsense post undecided bad journalism

1 Like

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by sulakishop(m): 9:41am On Feb 16, 2017
I NO TELL UNA
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 16, 2017
juman:

You are wrong. Under sensible government the tribunal can remove even a sitting governor.

That was how oshiomole and mimiko became governors.
But under this confused apc government, one should not expect sensible decision from tribunals

Its because we are under this confused and senseless regime, that's why I said so grin

1 Like

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by ddippset(m): 9:42am On Feb 16, 2017
Where is pastor osaze odemwhinge? I hope he will post this one, he loves to post.
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by rolams(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2017
Who is giving us a false information here. Is it d paper or the Op? Pls don't be biased in this kind of news

1 Like

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by ddippset(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2017
sulakishop:
I NO TELL UNA
but there is one gif for this na. Abeg find am.

1 Like

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by EmperorTech: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2017
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by Norma21: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2017
So quickly??
Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by mangood74: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2017
WHY DID THE TRIBUNAL STOPPED THE COUNTING. IF APC IS SURE THEY WON THE ELECTION

2 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by mogahs: 9:44am On Feb 16, 2017
kinggenesis:
I can relate to this. cheesy cheesy

me too grin

1 Like

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by phkka1(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2017
APC is completely full of Lai Muhammeds. Why do they bother us with their lies. They should go ahead with their system of of governance. 2019 is at the corner. By then, the people will know whether to continue under this hardship or do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: EDO POLLS : Tribunal Releases Results Of Recounted Ballot Papers by juman(m): 9:48am On Feb 16, 2017
Jeffboi:

Its because we are under this confused and senseless regime, that's why I said so grin

Okay.
I get you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PIB: How Northerners Outwitted Their Southern Colleagues / Fani-Kayode's Fiancée, Precious And Son Lotanna / Court Suspends Secret Trial Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.