Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics (28605 Views)

Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / What Courses Can An Art Student Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by back2sender: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2017
nwaanambra1:

gbam!

same with mathematics. two of the simplest subjects in world - i honestly still don't understand why people rate math and physics as difficult!

another one is accounting - superb and sweet subjects that are actually changing the world - quite unlike MMM! kiss
The guy naa olodo, How did he even pass the other subjects.
He could pass maths but not physics? Something is wrong
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by shams040(m): 7:31am On Feb 17, 2017
Urban and regional planning
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by WebSurfer(m): 7:32am On Feb 17, 2017
Chasisco:
Brothers and sisters of nairaland please ignore my errors
Am a jambite,wrote jamb last year, scored 220,applied for microbiology,university of benin,but i wasn't admitted.....fast forward to now i wanna write jamb again but not microbiology any more,all i just wanna know is if thers any good science course i can study, that i won't need physics in my jamb, i don't mind replacing it with math,me and physics no b padi at all at all,I for consider civil engineering but physics day fear me seriously, plz help out guys

ignore all errors plz
Your answer is simply "Geography" dont mind all these small childrem here .

I studied it in the university because i had D4 in physics @WAEC
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Ifebazz(m): 7:33am On Feb 17, 2017
SirWere:
bro I'm sorry but Physics is a neccesary topic for EVERY course in the sciences(except Agric), from microbiology to Medicine. No matter how much you try, you'll have to do some basic introductory physics in your 100L.

Sorry brah.

But really, Physics isn't hard, actually. It's actually the simplest of the sciences, if you think about it. Apply the right formula and you'll get the right answer. No need for over-cramming. No need for reading laborious texts over and over.

All it requires is an open mind really grin.
That's not true. You don't offer Physics in Mathematics, save for Applied Mathematics.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Mbediogu(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2017
You don't know Physics because you don't know enough Maths. During my days all aspiring science students were adviced to accept what was then called Add Maths (now Further Maths) at O levels, and Applied Maths (Add Maths + Mechanics) at A levels. That kind of training made one an all rounder in the Sciences. Do you know you have a lot of calculus and Algebra to do in Physiology at very high Experimental levels? Try opening 'Human Physiology by Samson Wright' or 'Physiology by Ganong'.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Akposkibo(m): 7:43am On Feb 17, 2017
you can go for agricultural economics and extension, thats the course I am putting in for, same uniben. you can also try animal nutrion or husbandry, you all fingers are pointing towards agriculture now adays
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Sunnybabe(m): 7:44am On Feb 17, 2017
Whizzing:

Dis guy don talk am finish.
U will still need physics except Estate Management in Faculty of Environmental Sciences
he may even do URP in the same faculty self

1 Like

Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by solidman59(m): 7:46am On Feb 17, 2017
Lolz
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 17, 2017
Go through the jamb brochure, you ll see it yourself
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Zeta47(m): 7:49am On Feb 17, 2017
grin
opibycar1:
Primary Science
grin
opibycar1:
Primary Science
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Guru9ja(m): 7:57am On Feb 17, 2017
As science as student, it is mandatory physics is included in your O level result except u wanna study in TOGO
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Chasisco:
Am a jambite,wrote jamb last year, scored 220,applied for microbiology,university of benin,but i wasn't admitted.....fast forward to now i wanna write jamb again but not microbiology any more,all i just wanna know is if thers any good science course i can study, that i won't need physics in my jamb, i don't mind replacing it with math,me and physics no b padi at all at all,I for consider civil engineering but physics day fear me seriously, plz help out guys
Guy just omit physic and u have no problem. Jamb is all about vying for course u can get the highest score, so far you are not drifting from your discipline. For example u can't be in art and include biology in ur subject choice in jamb. I studied applied geophysics, yet I did not write physic. In fact I wrote biology, maths, chemistry and English.since biology knowledge is needed in applied geophysics, they have no choice but to accept it.
ignore all errors plz
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by thowbie7ven(m): 8:08am On Feb 17, 2017
Theatre Arts...what a nice course!
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by matrixme(m): 8:14am On Feb 17, 2017
Young man the earlier you learn to face your fears, the better. Even if you're not so good at Physics and also weak in Mathematics, you can use your strong subjects to boost your score.
There is barely any lucrative course you can read with such narrow combination and you will end up regretting that decision. Remember there are a lot of qualified candidates with Maths/Physics combination that may not get admission cos of limited slots. Please don't narrow your chances.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by olite93(m): 8:16am On Feb 17, 2017
u can study statistics. u may still offer basic physics in 100l but u wnt b needing it in ur olevel result verification. agric too is nice. but u need physics for almost a every other science course. peace.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by djWALE(m): 8:24am On Feb 17, 2017
I am currently a fresher here in Uniben...the only medical related course not offering physics is Animal and environmental biology(Aeb)..wich was formerly zoology....so u can opt for that
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Trexnemesis(m): 8:32am On Feb 17, 2017
Statistics
Biochemistry
Agricol Econs
Estate Management
Pharmacy (u may not do physics in Jamb)
Mathematics
Geology
Town Planning - Polytechnic. Geography advantage
Industrial Chemistry
Nursing - u may not do physics in Jamb
Fishery
Criminology Science
Chemistry
Botany
Zoology
Actuarial Science - Maths, English & Econs advantage
Insurance - same as above
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by MrTobi94: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2017
Faeces
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by MrHenshaw: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2017
Epositive:
biochem in nice
#positivevibes

And d only course u could advised him is Biochemistry. Now i know how much u love him.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by ikorodureporta: 8:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Same way some pple avoids mathematics. U'r still gonna encounter it somehow, as in u no fit escape finish,...... Try Geography, @ least u go dodge some calculations
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by majormofor(m): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2017
GreenMavro:
Fire engineering
This guy is in another world entirely,.my bro register for GCE waec.and do ur practical well d worst u should get is C6
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by BossLadyF(f): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2017
izyc88:
you can apply for urban and regional planning, surveying, quantity surveying, estate surveying in the environmental sciences

I had D7 in my O'level because I hate physics and I studied Environmental Science and resource management but I did physics in my 100lvl first and second semester. Surprisingly, I got B and C cos I was determined to study it. Now I know it was just my mindset cos as a science student, you must meet physics since it's almost same with further maths
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by timay(m): 9:17am On Feb 17, 2017
You can apply for any Agricultural course without physics.

UTME combination: English, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics and Biology or Agric.

O level subjects: English Maths, Chemistry, Biology or Agric and any one of Physics, Geography, Economics.

check your brochure for more info.

Good luck
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Chasisco(f): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2017
Zeta47:
At your age, someone has to tell you which course to study and practise for the rest of your life, simply because you hate Physics.
No problem, continue.

its just soo unfortunate how stupid n useless u are...lameass monkey
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Chasisco(f): 9:43am On Feb 17, 2017
Ok..thanks guys,thanks a whole lot, u guys have hlped alot,but.....please who can break down civil engineering course for me,like as a civil engineering student, what course/subject will u do/offer from my first to final year in the university
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by jarmoskie: 9:45am On Feb 17, 2017
go for microbiology edu. den
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by SuccyJ(f): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2017
MrHenshaw:

And d only course u could advised him is Biochemistry.
Now i know how much u love him.

lol, that's the course I'm studying and I don't think I can advice anyone I love to study biochemistry. one of the most difficult courses I know especially if one doesn't enjoy chemistry, pathways everywhere. mtcheeew

and for those saying you don't need physics to study biochem that's a big lie. It might not be called physics plainly but you study physics till you graduate and a lot of chemistry ofcourse. OP please do your research properly, don't be misguided only for you to get into school and your eyes will open.
Like those of us that were deceived that biochemistry is a medical course or you can become a medical Doctor after studying biochemistry or Microbiology, only for us to get into school and we're faced with something else.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by ThinkSmarter: 9:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Chasisco:

ignore all errors plz
if you understand mathematics, definitely u must understand physics.
Physics is simper than maths cuz of formula.
Study change of subject of formula in ur Jss3 mathematics very well and u will understand hw to evaluate for an unknown parameters or values.
Just know how to relate one formula with another.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by Solowiz(m): 10:15am On Feb 17, 2017
dozofavour:
Yoruba education grin grin grin
banking and surgery shocked
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2017
Can a man runaway from his buttocks? Your answer to the above question will determine if a science student can runaway from physics.
Re: Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics by MrHenshaw: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2017
SuccyJ:

lol, that's the course I'm studying and I don't think I can advice anyone I love to study biochemistry. one of the most difficult courses I know especially if one doesn't enjoy chemistry, pathways everywhere. mtcheeew

and for those saying you don't need physics to study biochem that's a big lie. It might not be called physics plainly but you study physics till you graduate and a lot of chemistry ofcourse. OP please do your research properly, don't be misguided only for you to get into school and your eyes will open.
Like those of us that were deceived that biochemistry is a medical course or you can become a medical Doctor after studying biochemistry or Microbiology, only for us to get into school and we're faced with something else.

Good to know you will soon be a Biochemist.For those thinking Biochemistry shouldn't need physics probably because of d biology and chemistry;it is laughable.
@succyJ,l may not know your year in Biochemistry but still add to your knowledge that Francis Crick a british physicist and James waton;an american biologist founded the double helix structure of d DNA.
@succyJ,also know that Biochemistry can't replace Medicine d way medicine can't replace biochemistry.So if you need to pursue career in medicine u can continue as soon as u graduate from d medicine.But if u love Biochemistry,d fields to delve into are enormous.
All d best.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akomolafe Olatunji, Nigerian Philantropist, Donates To 300 Kids In South Africa / ABUAD Beats Covenant University; Ranks As Best Private University In Nigeria / My Accent Is Affecting Me Acedemically,pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.