Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,242 members, 7,957,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Facebook User Explains His Ordeal With Officers Of Nigerian Police Force - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook User Explains His Ordeal With Officers Of Nigerian Police Force (414 Views)

Mopol Officers Had Accident On Kaduna-Abuja Road, 6 Dead, Others Injured (Graphi / Nigerian Air Force Officer Killed In Ghastly Car Accident. Graphic Pics / Small Boy Killed A Big Python With Cutlass In Anambra - Facebook User (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook User Explains His Ordeal With Officers Of Nigerian Police Force by ceee9ja: 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
6 Nigerian police officers picked me up at a junction and manhandled me for refusing to enter their truck then they threw away the food and water I bought.
At that point I tried to make a call to a colleague and one of my phones was flung away from my hand. Then they forced and carried me inside the truck.
Because they were not wearing uniforms I began to shout for help to the onlookers under the assumption that they were kidnappers, they immediately showed me their ID cards and didn't ask for mine.

Read after the cut........

I stopped shouting, they told me they had been tracking me all morning and even knew that I was with a friend with a beard (we had breakfast together in the morning), they claimed they had reliable information about me.
I couldn't believe my ears and eyes, they said they were taking me to the station, I was eager to get to that station because they would surely be in trouble by the time I got there. They had me unlock my phones after threatening me and they opened my emails, text messages, i messages, whatsapp and messenger.
Then they went through my pictures and recognized the friend I had breakfast with and began to agree with themselves that he was the one. From there I knew someone somewhere had informed them falsely that we were internet fraudsters or yahoo boys. It was the only reason why 6 of them had come to arrest both of us and he had gone back to the hotel.
They went through the other pictures and saw photographs of and with public dignitaries I took for a function I attended yesterday and that was when they realized that I would be trouble if we got to the station. They took me to my hotel gate and asked me to get down, I refused. I insisted that we should go to the station so I can know my offense as that was what they said initially.
My initial fear and confusion had turned to confidence, I refused to come down, they pulled me out of the police truck the very same way they pulled me in 10 minutes earlier and dropped my phones on the floor and zoomed off. Their truck didn't have a license plate, there was no way to go after them. I am angry at grateful at the same time.
You hear lots of extra judicial killings everyday and about innocent people in jail awaiting trial for what they don't even know. You hear stories about young men being picked up by police officers and never seen again. I am grateful for coming out of this experience safe and sound, For being able to write my experience on Facebook from the safety of my hotel room.
Then I am angry for coming from a country where Human Rights violations are the norm of our security agencies. A country where blood thirsty security agencies kill it's own citizens for nothing.
I pray that we may never be victims of police brutality. It is the most scary experience ever because these men have the license to carry live firearms.
Beware!
The Nigerian police is your enemy.

1 Share

Re: Facebook User Explains His Ordeal With Officers Of Nigerian Police Force by Freetech: 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Police is your friend. Deal with it my dear

(1) (Reply)

Harmattan Again? / 171 Libya Returnees Arrive Lagos Airport / Help!! My Girlfriend Donated Her Kidneys To Save My Life, Now...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.