Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! (6641 Views)

We Know Its Corporate Slavery, Yet We Stay / The Hard Truth About Your Salary / What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by olisa07: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2009
[color=#006600]U are just ful of rubbish, u will only fool urself.[/color]

Just wise, you are one the fool of the century.

making $750 every week still doing my normal job is rubbish?

am so sorry for you, you will be a slave for ever!
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by crowcedar: 10:19am On Dec 10, 2009
In the real sense, it may be slavery but not everyone is born to own a business. If all of us own businesses, who will we employ? Some have the balls to go through the hassles of enterpreneurship and some dont.

Also, you may need to be a slave to learn the trade you want to go into. You must pay a price to become a master. The foundatin must be laid no matter how short you choose to be a slave.

If you work in the oil industry and earn 6 figure salary monthly, you may want to postpone your dream of starting a business.LOL!!!!
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by Odunnu: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2009
we neead a re-orientation of our mindset, dats all
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by vislabraye(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
I know some one who use to work in Shell and Halliburton. Ofcourse, we all know that he was earning stupendous money. He resigned and he's handling his own business and even earning better, He couldn't have done it without having the experience.

The problem i have is the way people over flog the issue of self employment as if na moin moin. They just get charged up after reading an emotional laden motivation book and then they plunged into business just like that.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by condomized: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked coolYou have all spoken well. Permission to quote ROBERT KIYOSAKI (RICH DAD POOR DAD).

He explained that Salary job being slavery has some degrees of inevitability!
What does this mean? Salary Job= Inevitable Slavery
I know we have different circumstances, but for an average graduate, you just have to go thru the INEVITABLE stage of WORKING WHILE ANOTHER MAN CHOPS at some point in your life!!!.
So at any point in time, some people have got to work 4 some people. That should not discourage any dude from establishing a small business and employing workers at the right stage.

But my conclusion to the house is,

YOU CAN DETERMINE FOR YOURSELF HOW LONG THAT ''SLAVERY'' STAGE LASTS. The earlier u wake up, the better. I wish you all well.

@POSTER, I am not feeling BIG. Remember= MAN IS THE ARCHTECT OF HIS OWN FORTUNE OR OTHERWISE.
WAKE UP!!!
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by fireworks(f): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
my people,what is experienced in work places is more than slavery,
some of these organizations strip you of your whole life.
they take away ur tym,creativity,lovelife,friends, one day you'll wake up and realize you gave them ur youth.
wise up my friends, and take the plunge because working for urself is the only way you can ever live life to the fullest.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by justwise(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
fireworks:

my people,what is experienced in work places is more than slavery,
some of these organizations strip you of your whole life.
they take away your tym,creativity,lovelife,friends, one day you'll wake up and realize you gave them your youth.
wise up my friends, and take the plunge because working for urself is the only way you can ever live life to the fullest.

Are u going to employ anybody?
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by slimes(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
Working is not bad but you just have to play by the rules and be principled. Even a self-employed working is controlled by the passion to live comfortably.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by ugees(m): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2009
Hello all, this battle of intellect on this topic has been going on in my mind for a long time now, just found peace, and i have come to the conclusion that every thing, well almost, is relative.People are different, some people prefer the life of an entrepreneur while others, a paid job, business is different, a forex,commodities trader or a stock trader will have a different schedule from a fast food resturant owner, schedules, lifestyles etc, which is also the case for those paid employment, one person's schedule is different from the next, exeutive directors in banks have a different schedule from oil coy workers, etc. So am under the impression that people should not be forced to believe that one is better than the other, let the personal differences reign, some people dont like paid jobs, let them be, some like them, well, let them be too. any one who knows wat he or she wants in life will sure get it , if dilligent , wise and resourceful, as for slavery, i dont know, but some jobs are sure pure hell, of course same for some businesses, grin wink
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by butrous(m): 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2009
call 07084120056
if you need a new job and an alternative source of income
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by Sprumbaba: 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2009
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by fizzybaba(m): 11:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
its been an interesting read going through the various posts.

the popular view is that self employment and paid employment are inevitable @ some point.

paid employment for starters and self employment afterwards.no hard and fast rule though

here is to those (jarus, etc) who cant get why there is so much noise about entrepreneurship,

what do u make of 50 'qualified' applicants vying for a job? it is that bad and continues getting bad in an economy as volatile as ours

people are laid off on a daily basis(intercontinental bank, recently) and you still cant get the fuss about self employment?
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by debosky(m): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2009
fizzybaba:

its been an interesting read going through the various posts.

the popular view is that self employment and paid employment are inevitable @ some point.

paid employment for starters and self employment afterwards.no hard and fast rule though

here is to those (jarus, etc) who cant get why there is so much noise about entrepreneurship,

what do u make of 50 'qualified' applicants vying for a job? it is that bad and continues getting bad in an economy as volatile as ours

people are laid off on a daily basis(intercontinental bank, recently) and you still cant get the fuss about self employment?

The cause of that imbalance is a comatose economy, preventing companies from expanding and hiring more people. It will be very naive of anyone to simply think you can beat those odds by starting out on your own - even the self employed is working in the same depressed economy without infrastructure and has to face most of the same difficulties faced by the larger firms.

You cannot simply wish away the problems in the wider economy by canvassing for self employment - many of the so called self employed are simply indirectly dependent on the larger firms as well so the issue in my view is not simply the case of salary or otherwise.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by whatalife: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2009
Like someone said we cannot all be self employed,the road that way(self employed) can be very very rough and the lessons learnt on that root is not tauught in the conventional universities and poly technics.So it requires lots of courage, patience, God on your side and ability to make mistakes and learn from it and go ahead in life,the end can be very rewarding.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
Its all about your conviction on what Motivates you in the first place. I also think the sense of fulfillment also matters at least to me.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by stede(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
it depends on the kind of job & where you work, not all jobs are disgusting,
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by justmoore: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2009
Somehow it is, but without salary job how will you get experience to run your own business. Remember, you can not get experience by sitting down at home till you are ready, if not you are going to enter into a deep debt when you start your business without any experince. And if you think you have somebody to run it for you well you are on your own.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by Nnekababy: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
It is easy to say banish fear and go into business, this can only be achieve when you earn good salary and you are able to save enough for the business. I have registered a company and I promised myself I will leave but going into business in Abuja is another issue, you will consider renting a small shop you can use as an office, since where I live is out of town, electricity, maintaining your car, paying salary to whoever will assist you. I thought of so many factors involved and knowing Abuja as a civil service state, it will be fool headed to go into business when you don’t even have the required capital to start up. If you have some body who will assist you financially when things goes wrong ok you can leave your job and set up on your own but if not, my dear it will be a disaster to leave your job.
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by Cappadona123: 8:26am On Dec 17, 2009
Gaskiya magana!
Re: Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! by agitator: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2009
i know of one electrical engineer who bought this "running your personal business idea", he decided to go into IT business since it is a budding area in nigeria, registered and attended additional courses, hardware repairs, networking etc.  Registered and attended seminars on how to manage your business.  he then resigned from his job, relocated and started the business - Sales, Networking, Repairs, Training, Support, Business Services. He now met the realities on ground, 1. running the business requires constant power, no power he had to depend on generator and for a budding business running gen for like 10hrs he couldn't break even  2.  You need to be connected to really have the lucrative deals - he was thinking he had this until reality dawned on him, even after joining PDP no hope. 

At the end of the day, Couldn't pay his workers, office rent, fuel the generator, etc. and had to close shop and take up a paid employment which he is still doing presently.

A business environment where even the multinational companies are finding it difficult to operate in, you think its easy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know You Can Learn all these for 2k on quickbook instead of 50k? / Would You Accept This Gtb Offer / Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.