Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) (58205 Views)

Suicidal Man Tried Jumping Off A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos (Pictures) / Suicidal Man Prevented From Plunging Into The Lagoon In Leki, Lagos / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
RIP
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by CRAPHA96(m): 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Too much action film viewing.....na so one man go run enter burning fire to rescue a lil child....maybe the dude forgot his penis inside the room.... wink

Note : as a man u are useless if u penis isn't working
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Buhari and arsenal grin
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by moshino(m): 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
acada111:
Why didn't he kill himself in his house?

Would that have made you happier. Besides, that's his house, he's has been living there for 5 years, it is written there in the article, so which other "his house" were you assuming?
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by tete7000(m): 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
Caustics:
Title clearly states ''Man Commits Suicide By Setting Himself On Fire In Abuja Hotel'' But from the write up and witness reports, there is no evidence that he set himself on fire, started the fire, or committed suicide.

who knows if there was something so important to him in his hotel room that made him to run back?
Foolish journalism

Even if he had reason to run back what he did was suicidal. Besides, it was reported the man before people came to 'force his door open' did not raise any alarm(take note of quoted words), he was only making silent eeya, eeya noise. Have you seen where someone inadvertently found himself in fire and would not run or raise alarm? They went to persuade him out only for him to ran back inside the fire and before he ran back and was with the people who came to fetch him, he didn't tell anyone what happened and while he needed to run back into 'fire'. Those points I highlighted up is enough to show you the man had intention of roasting himself whether premeditated or not, it doesn't matter. Please on a final note before you start critiquing a wriiteup, you need to sharpen your comprehension skill. You are not there at all.

You may say the story given might not be true but to follow the story and conclude the man didn't commit suicide is illogical.
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
sanc2s:
Why am I having the feeling that the hotel management lied that d man committed suicide just to clear their name. There is something they're not telling us

I thought the same. Something is very fishy here. I was wondering the kind of Abuja hotel accommodation that someone would be paying for for five years!! How much was he paying for the room daily??

Something must be wrong somewhere. I don't believe he intended committing suicide or even set the fire.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by here: 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
There is more to this story,will it be resolved, I doubt.
A man who showed no sign of depression, forget his family never visited story, they are everywhere in Abj seeking for contracts or hustling the richer ones better hotels and the last 1 year many of them have started leaving the country back to where they came from as those free contracts aren't coming anymore.
Back to the story, how can a man who screamed Yeh!!! as though in pain run back to the burning room and he didn't run in but waited till neighbours came to meet him standing?
This man was killed or died watching the game with someone and the witnesses or whoever killed this guy setup that fire.Now they say he was burnt beyond recognition because to them it's a closed case.
And for those saying his neighbours went to persuade him,let me ask after breaking down a door "they were persuading him?" Have you ever seen such instance where the victim is being persuaded or would have been bundled out?Time shall time,time.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Temitope124(m): 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
but y man........well u suit your self....but bad medicine.....
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by tete7000(m): 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
waternogetenemy:
I dont believe this story.

They killed him and burn down the evidence and now telling us suicide.

u cannot fool everybody all the time.

Where you were not present and was not a witness to what happened, you don't jump into your kind of conclusion. While one may not rule out murder and thus police need to do investigation and rule out murder, it will equally not fair based on the story given to comclude that the man did not have basis to commit suicide. A man isolated for five years without family visit is proned to depression and suicide. The storyline as far as I can read indicates the man commited suicide. No sane person will see fire and not run while raising alarm for people to help him put out the fire. If the man indeed didn't raise alarm and run while the fire started; and if after forcing his door open to get him, he chose to ran back? He indeed committed suicide until a different storyline is given. I was not there, you were not there, we only rely on story given and should make our judgement based on that in the interim while we await further investigation.
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
Joshkid:
Hmmm... I pity you... There's more afterlife than now
says?
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by irenmwinfo(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
Caustics:
Title clearly states ''Man Commits Suicide By Setting Himself On Fire In Abuja Hotel'' But from the write up and witness reports, there is no evidence that he set himself on fire, started the fire, or committed suicide.

who knows if there was something so important to him in his hotel room that made him to run back?
Foolish journalism
It's so clear that there was something so important to have warrant the deceased refusing to let go. May God forgive him his sins and may his soul rest in peace
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by babsodity(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
I donbilivit story don't add up..
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Tisham20(m): 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
I pray he make heaven if not hian burnt on earth burnt in heaven.
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Joshkid(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
says?
I no get una time
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Joshkid:
I no get una time
gbenusoun
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nairaboi(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2017
what really caught my attention is this ", however, said, two ladies who just finished serving the NYSC and searching for jobs, were not that lucky, as they could not pick anything from their rooms, save for theirnight gowns. “They could not pick anything from their rooms”.
what the furk are these girls doing in a hotel room. chai! 9ja which way. . .
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Joshkid(m): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
gbenusoun
Lol... Make una no vex
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by ilevic(m): 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by ilevic(m): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
acada111:
Why didn't he kill himself in his house?

See question o. are u asking me or the "suicidee"? Issorai, let's go to London and ask the owner of za oza room
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
Caustics:

Foolish journalism
Sensible and thoughtful comments. This deviates from the usual NL comments!
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by KINGS100(m): 8:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
it is quite unfortunate, no one has the right to take his own life as you didn't create your life but nevertheless God have Mercy on his soul and to the people who lost their belongings to the fire especially my Lecturer and projects Supervisor; Associate Professor S.M. ITODO. may God replenish your lost a thousands fold Sir.
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by airminem(f): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2017
Decease Staying In Hotel Apartment For 5years, Next Room Occupant, Wife And Son Staying In The Hotel Since 2013... Hmmm Their Is God Oo
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
Billyonaire:
A soul who couldnt figure out his purpose in life, just a coward. Taking the easy way out.
No sir,it might be more than that. Research has shown that only severe depression can lead to suicide,sometimes it is when depression has transformed into mental illness that such an act is exhibited. Anytime you hear suicide,think mental illness too. There is a condition too known as pyromania(a desire to start fires)... all are linked to mental illness secondary to severe depression.
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by tillaman(m): 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Self immolation? I thought this was peculiar to only monks, well u chose a hard way to die sir, suicide isn't the answer, I hope you find rest still
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
Joshkid:
Lol... Make una no vex
lol. Bro you're funny cheesy cheesy
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by bizzibodi(m): 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
What does most of them do 4 a living 2 lodge in hotel for 5yrs?
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by ndusam17(m): 11:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
That's the height
Re: Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) by blacq2009(m): 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
eeyah! rest in peace man
Which kind peace?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Husband Breaks Wife’s Head With An Iron Rod In Enugu - Pictures / Boyfriend Detained As Lover Dies Of Stomach Ache In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.