Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,841 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here (8410 Views)

Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian / How Much Do Entry Level Lab Technologist In Fed Unis Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by femmy123(m): 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
Please share your experience as a food technologist or a student.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Deeypeey(m): 7:26am On Feb 20, 2017
wait...m coming
lemme download one story on the net
These mods shud be modifying comments sef...FTC and FrontPagers like us wey no get anything to say...shud be pushed to the last page..and reasonable contributions to the front grin grin grin #IrepSpaceBookers
Meanwhile...check the pic below...then turn ur fone upside down...now tell me which one is d real version...and which is d reflection

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by ngwababe(f): 7:27am On Feb 20, 2017
Let me call my sister..
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by EFGH: 7:28am On Feb 20, 2017
On my way
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by passyhansome(m): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2017
I dey come

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by zoneboy: 7:29am On Feb 20, 2017
Aw dis post reach fp

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by bacilus(m): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2017
Food Engineers nko

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by captainprogress(m): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2017
A mare imitation of nutritional Biochemistry.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by princemillla(m): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
starmehigh:
Oya.. make una come and teach us how to cook... things

Mr man ,food technology is not about cooking but food processing . Many preserved food you eat in cans and nylon passes thru food technologist thru some medium designed by food food engineering.

@op what do you wish to know about food technology

10 Likes

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2017
lipsrsealedu mean those who genetically alter God's hand work playing with the structure of our foods introduced us to such wonders as artificial cheese
GMO corn full of toxic insecticide
http://responsibletechnology.org/10-Reasons-to-Avoid-GMOs/

Let us hold in esteem the working farmer who feeds us with REAL food instead
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2017
I wish Stella is on nairaland...
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by princemillla(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2017
bacilus:
Food Engineers nko

Are you one... I am thinking of fabricating something..might need your input. If you are food engineer
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Buraimohjoseph(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2017
So what's the topic here
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by lionlamb020(m): 7:51am On Feb 20, 2017
Hi food scientists, technologists and engineers. I'm working on a project on malt beverage from finger millet. I need all the advice I can get. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 20, 2017
Still surprised why this made FP...
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Lollipop247(f): 8:00am On Feb 20, 2017
Nice one!
Food scientist be preventing famine & hunger since 1800BC
I'm very sure Joseph was a food scientist in his time, for helping to preserve food 4 the 7yrs of famine the Egyptians were gonna experience cheesy smiley

6 Likes

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Samanza89: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2017
If I wasn't a food scientist and technologist I wonder what I would have been...

There is no professional course whatsoever than food science and technology... Quote me anywhere...

Have known only two courses food science and technology and others...

Ps: To the gullible and ignorant food Science and technology is not about cooking, it far way beyond that. It encompasses a whole lot....

6 Likes

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Food Science and Technogy is a multidisciplinary field that applies physical, chemical, biological, and engineering principles to food processing, preservation, storage, and product development.

It is still relatively unknown in Nigeria, and some of those who know it relate it with catering or cooking profession.... Far from it.... As a food scientist and technologist..... We are as good as those who study Medicine......Medicine study on health, FST study agriculture, the processing, preservation, storage, nutrition composition and it effect and digestibility in man.
Under food science and technology
We have food chemistry
Food microbiology
Food analysis
Food biochemistry
Food toxicology
Food machinery
Food rheology
Food engineering
Quality control and assurance
Product development and research
Post harvest practice
To mention a few.

Food Science and Technology field is the largest employer of labour in the world

Think about Guiness, Nigerian Breweries, Coca cola, Pespi, FrieslandCampina, Cowbell company, Noodles companies, Sugar companies, Nestle, UAC, Cadbury, Flourmills, Vegetable oil companies, Bakeries, Water factories to mention but a few.

If you want to study this profession, you need a strong science background.....Biology Chemistry and Mathematics and very important....you must like to read wide...because it haß many borrowed courses since it is an applied science.

Thanks...

12 Likes

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Berbierklaus(f): 8:30am On Feb 20, 2017
I didn't see this on time,OP we are here,What branch of this course do you need to know about,we have so many as listed by the person up there,I majored in food technology and currently studying for food science,its a broad subject.

And I forever thank the daddy that listed it as a course I should study when I went for diploma grin
I thought we were going there to cook,until lectures started,looked simple at first then the real lectures started and I realize I had to put in more work than I ever did with my academics.
Now I see food differently, I see producers differently,I appreciate nature more and I'm happy i can do something for myself in this type of economy as long as I am willing and hardworking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Berbierklaus(f): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
lipsrsealedu mean those who genetically alter God's hand work playing with the structure of our foods introduced us to such wonders as artificial cheese
GMO corn full of toxic insecticide
http://responsibletechnology.org/10-Reasons-to-Avoid-GMOs/

Let us hold in esteem the working farmer who feeds us with REAL food instead
Hope you realise that this bountiful handwork of God will go to waste if there no people like us to preserve it for you and bring various varieties of it that the cheese you so much desire.

Valerie,appreciate us in anyway you can,we make the world go round okay grin
Without us,your so called farmers would have been working in vain girl wink

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by zeyney(f): 8:40am On Feb 20, 2017
I rep food tech.proud food technologist from oau univ
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 20, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Hope you realise that this bountiful handwork of God will go to waste if there no people like us to preserve it for you and bring various varieties of it that the cheese you so much desire.

Valerie,appreciate us in anyway you can,we make the world go round okay grin
Without us,your so called farmers would have been working in vain girl wink
noooo : cry they inducted u!??
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Berbierklaus(f): 8:45am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
I am a food scientist and technologist by birth grin
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by segola7(m): 8:46am On Feb 20, 2017
op thanks for this. the major constrain we have is the economic situation of the country and the capital intense of having a medium processing plant( millions of naira). and if u decide to start a project with small change, the big guys with lot of bars not even in the field will hijack ur ideal and formular.
experience as a student has been so tedious, u have to take courses from different faculties such as science, engineering, medicine, agric. and do some social science courses. na small remain make we go dey borrow from art self( asewo cus lol). sincerely,for u to cope it tedious. infact we hardly have 1st class nd 2nd upper.
it a big misconception that food technology is about cooking. infact u will be so much disapointd that it is not.that why u see majorly admitted student to be more of female than male.
i so much believe that the 1st major nid of man is food even before shelter.
as a food technologist our major aim is to avoid postharvest loss. as a fod technologist you can be independent unlike some oda cus ( lol).
i wanna use this medium to inform the government to give funds to young food processors.
thank you op for putting us on front page.
course duration: 5 years( so no b beans o)
#foodtechnologistforlife#
proudly food technologist , university of ibadan
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 20, 2017
Berbierklaus:

I am a food scientist and technologist by birth grin
lipsrsealed
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by LePrezident(m): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:

Valérie... smh
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by wasiudvd(m): 8:51am On Feb 20, 2017
I am a graduate of food science and technology.
But now, I am into ATM (installation & repair, hardware & software). The only food industry experience I have was during my IT @ Nigeria Flour Mill. Though I wish I work in a food company, I must say that food scientists/technologist/engineers are not taken serious in this country.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 20, 2017
LePrezident:

Valérie... smh
cheesyhello again.u just everywhere.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Adventurist(m): 9:02am On Feb 20, 2017
interesting
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by LePrezident(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
cheesyhello again.u just everywhere.

Lol yh and you have just tagged me an NL stalker so you refused me the privilege of a pm undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long To Get Letter Confirmation From Government (Lagos state) / Lagos BRT Drivers: We Can’t Drive On Empty Stomachs / Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.