Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here (8436 Views)

Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian / How Much Do Entry Level Lab Technologist In Fed Unis Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Samanza89: 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
Slimpotter:

We suffer a lot trying to explain to people that food science is not about cooking

And we shouldn't stop in creating that awareness...
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by africanusvu(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
Samanza89:

That's true my broda... We just have to sensitize people of what the course is all about!... Product of University of Uyo...
.Email Africanusuzoma@yahoo.com.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by femmy123(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
africanusvu:
.Email Africanusuzoma@yahoo.com.
What about we create a free whatsapp group
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Holuwathoby(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
There is an existing Whatsapp Group that Food Science and Technology Graduate and Students can join. It comprises of Renown Food professionals...
I invite u to a group called food science talk and business. News about food, employment are discussed and some important information that are only RELEVANT. https:///B8lHL8X4chc5encRa2ELqk
or you simply contact one of the Admins on 08038976827 for further enquiry
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Slimpotter(m): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Samanza89:

And we shouldn't stop in creating that awareness...
True
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by jbaby265(f): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
Great processors.. Pls am working on a project tittled EFFECT OF MOISTURE CONTENT ON SELECTED PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF SHEA KERNEL OF RANGING SLICE THICKNESS

We all know shea butter is gotten from the kernel but when I search online about Shea kernel all I see is the butter.. Nothing about the kernel
Now pls if anyone has any info on how to help me achieve this project pls share with me thanks
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by missjemmy(f): 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Its nice to be amongst my seniors.
A 300l food scientist in unilorin.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Baldg: 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
FST is probably the most branched course with so many applications in almost all fields.
It's a pity that it's not respected in Nigeria, because of the myopic sense of people.
But to be truthful, It needs more exposure than its been given.
Food Scientist have ideas that can generate multiple streams of income but the issue of capital is the bane of its execution.
I'm a proud Food Technologist. The time may not be ripe now, but the next 10-15 years will experience a huge surge for Food scientists.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Amakyzuu: 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
I am also a proud alumni of LAUTECH... Food Science is the best course anyone can think of...

invictusManeo:
I was specifically warned about the course before getting admitted into Lautech. They treat the course as if it's medicine. So voluminous, lecturers will give u five outlines in class and expect 10 in exam.
Food science and engineering is an hybrid and an applied science course.

To those of you calling it catering.... well, u are myopic. So many beautiful chicks I'm my school thought it's a simple course, hence they rushed in picking it as a first choice. They later took to their heels to "Agricultures" when they couldnt bear the heat of the Faculty of Engineering courses and the departmental "straw licking CGPA FSE" courses...Lolz

Your mistake as a Food/Chemical analyst/Quality control/Assurance Personnel etc could lead to loss of lives and closure of food companies. Hence, good schools are always cautious about graduating half baked students.

I'm a proud food scientist graduate from Lautech. Ask anything u care to know. It's one of d most beautiful courses ever.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Kencus(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2022
Our company is in need of a food scientist/food product developer with some relevant working experience. You can send your CV to jeffreyaminugo@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long To Get Letter Confirmation From Government (Lagos state) / Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO / Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.