Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police (35531 Views)

Audu Maikori Sues Governor El-rufai For N10billion Following His Arrest / Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday / Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by chiedu7: 5:58am On Feb 18, 2017
funny when muslims say anything nothing happens to them.

they have not arrested any Fulani herdman yet oh

3 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by saintdennis(m): 6:08am On Feb 18, 2017
justjify:
Fvck Nigeria Police. This is so unprofessional of them. What did they do when Vanguard Erroneously published a story about Pastor Oyedepo? After the management og Vanguard newspaper apologised, did the police round up the management of Vanguard newspaper?

https://www.nairaland.com/3576319/vanguard-newspaper-apologises-bishop-oyedepo

Did winners chapel press charges?? That's a seperate issue, a civil issue... this on the other hand is very very serious.

Infact audu is very lucky it didn't spark a crisis, else he could even be tried at ICC

To me that vanguard building should be locked up and the firm liquidated.

Then the owners arrested, almost everything they reel out is fake news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by martineverest(m): 6:18am On Feb 18, 2017
Danzazzausambo:
These dudes voted for Buhari o.
and so?
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by efilefun(m): 6:28am On Feb 18, 2017
ehie:
The next thing that will happen like under the military regime,critics of the govt will start going on exile.never again will I vote for a Muslim in my life
Smh, try reasoning before posting poo, at first he twitted some graphics pictures claiming it's some students and his driver's brother, do you know what that could cause especially where there's still conflicts. This is a lawyer not just a random nairaland dude who just post poo everywhere. Retracting his words after it's been reported by several newspapers?? Lol. As an educated dude and a public figure he needs to be careful with the shii he post online

3 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by uvalued(m): 6:36am On Feb 18, 2017
BruzMoney:
Bring back our president

#BBOP is trending? lol who kidnap am... #fulani or #bokoharam in the uk angry يففففلبكلااتت
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by ganye1: 6:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Audu Maikori concocted a story, got fake pictures of mutilated dead people and posted them online just to incite violence and some people are calling for the release of the criminal. It is the activities of people like Maikori that are responsible for most of the communal violence in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by nobsalis: 6:56am On Feb 18, 2017
chiedu7:
funny when muslims say anything nothing happens to them.

they have not arrested any Fulani herdman yet oh

and who tells u fulani are muslims? Dem no send any religion Ooo... Its cow over everything for dem. So pls play ur religious card elsewhere

3 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by nobsalis: 7:01am On Feb 18, 2017
saintdennis:

Did winners chapel press charges?? That's a seperate issue, a civil issue... this on the other hand is very very serious.

Infact audu is very lucky it didn't spark a crisis, else he could even be tried at ICC

To me that vanguard building should be locked up and the firm liquidated.

Then the owners arrested, almost everything they reel out is fake news

your head is there.... U can't try shii like dis in d land of Putin.

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by signz: 7:02am On Feb 18, 2017
I believe Nigerians have learnt their lessons. Nigeria is about to reset and there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Those that told worst lies against GEJ, Igbos and Christians without retracting the lies and apologising are now nodding their heads in approval of this Audu's arrest. Hypocrites of the highest order who have either sold their souls to Satan himself or are just too gullible.

This administration have done worst things than GEJs admin ever did or imagined.Twitter, FACEBOOK would've been on meltdown had it been that GEJ arrested any of them for the lies they told against him so effortlessly. Infact this thread would've gotten to page 50 before MOD moves it to front page.

However, I'm glad this is happening now and hopefully majority of us have learnt our lessons and very soon there'll be shouts of NEVER AGAIN.

I'm glad because there's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm glad because this too shall pass.

4 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by EazyMoh(m): 7:13am On Feb 18, 2017
RosaConsidine:
Well, he has retracted the story and told us what happened. Have the police conducted a proper investigation to confirm he was trying to "incite the public" or is someone just using this to score cheap popularity (and probably political) points?
Actually I follwed the story. His so called driver has been arrested since like two weeks ago. I believe he must have been incriminated NY the driver to warrant his arrest weeks after Arresting the driver whom he claimed as his source.
It's possible they found where he embellish the lie he was told himself to make it more graphic, which is what keeps inciting people. When next they see an innocent Fulani herdsman they'd feel justified to attack him and the cycle continues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by Osama10(m): 7:14am On Feb 18, 2017
This is the change you guys voted for. cool cool cool
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 18, 2017
nely:
Freedom of speech I assure you,Freedom after speech I can't assure you...why didn't they arrest that guy that said on fb that they would kill all southerners if buhari dies..nonsense

if he were any popular hw would be arrested

2 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by signz: 7:19am On Feb 18, 2017
Less we forget

El eufai claimed that he's number 5 in GEJ's hit list.

El rufai said that Igbos and Christians were behind Boko haram. This would've sparked mass killings of Igbos in the north and retaliation against Northerners in Igboland. His plan was anarchy to make the nation ungovernable for GEJ.

Amongst many other things he said on twitter. As far as I know, Elrufai has not come out to deny his twitter handle neither has he come out to claim that his twitter handle has been hacked.

Audu has apologised and retracted his statements using the same platform he used to spread the information. Elrufai is yet to do same for all the lies he's spread over the years.

But I'm glad because Elrufai is being demystified not just before Nigerians but before his foreign friends diplomatic circle. He just wants to disgrace Audu and use his court case to launder his image before the international community.

3 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by saintdennis(m): 7:19am On Feb 18, 2017
nobsalis:

your head is there.... U can't try shii like dis in d land of Putin.

Lol I love that putin guy shaaa (no Homo) , straight to the point man, firm and decisive no dilly dallying.

Checked out your profile and i'm like...

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by Laredojohn(m): 7:19am On Feb 18, 2017
Audu is popular, everyone fighting for him, may his driver not rot in jail for this single action of his, hope they also secure his release too, since his boss who heard the narrated story from him and took it up online has apologized, hope the same apology suffices for the driver too....or else the poor man will just be jailed for jam talking
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by seangy4konji: 7:32am On Feb 18, 2017
no be small thing for nigeria now ooo
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by repogirl(f): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2017
Mynd44:

This is false but then lying and misinformation is the new cool so break a leg
What is false? Who are the people they arrested and charged with murder of the southern Kaduna people? What are their names? Can you Pls supply a link so I can be informed?

The only people we hear they arrest or invite for questioning are the ones who they claim 'incite', not the ones who actually killed.

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by rawtruth(m): 8:36am On Feb 18, 2017
morscino:

Finally out instituitions are working,Audu claimed his driver misled him,did d driver also give him those pictures he was posting online?
This is suppposed to be a lawyer who should know better, by confirming information before making it public.
Audu incited violence by misleading d public,he realised he goofed some days later and apologised,but d deed had been done
I'm sure he would be released soon,he was probably invited to prove/deny his claims in d past and would probably be made to sign one or two documents.
I hope he learns from this.

Let those Fulani leaders who took responsibility for the death of hundreds of persons in Benue, Nasarawa, and elsewhere be arrested then, only then, would those who lead Nigeria today be taken seriously. That lawyer aplogised and the driver who gave him the information is in detention for the same matter. The wise thing to do would have been to report the lawyer to the NBA to caution him for his indiscretion. El-Rufai' s unforgiving nature, which himself had proudly announced as innate to Fulanis, looks set to redefine our relationships with people of his kind for the worse ... Elsewhere, El-Rufai would have been forced to leave office to defend himself for conspiring with and paying foreigners to kill the people of southern Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by murtalaa(m): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2017
ehie:
The next thing that will happen like under the military regime,critics of the govt will start going on exile.never again will I vote for a Muslim in my life
do you realize if all Nigerians were as bigoted as you are, non muslim will never rule Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by DrOkoroafor(m): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2017
ganye1:
Audu Maikori concocted a story, got fake pictures of mutilated dead people and posted them online just to incite violence and some people are calling for the release of the criminal. It is the activities of people like Maikori that are responsible for most of the communal violence in the country.
Chill, man. We all know he didn't intentionally post fake pictures. He was fed fake stories by his ex driver in a bid to extort money from him. He was only being compassionate.
Though, I blame him for not investigating the case thoroughly before running to Social media. But we all know Audu Maikori is a good man. A man of his people. He even campaigned for Buhari back in 2015. So why would he try to put down his Government by any means?

He has already apologized and I don't think he should be punished any further.
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by Princefrankie1(m): 8:39am On Feb 18, 2017
goodnews777:
Ridiculous. Who is running nigeria please? It's time for the people of this country to rise up again this administration . There are killings everywhere . Nobody is held responsible . Nobody is arrested but people are arrested left right and centre for voicing their opinions. El rufai and his FULANI fanatics are destroying nigeria. All the inciting statements they were making during previous administration , who arrested them? They have to remember that they won't be there for ever. They will also one day go to jail for minor offences.

This is the problem! Imagine what this one is saying on a public forum. "Inciting citizens to rise up against the government." You people just come here and spew trash.

So to you this is injustice? There are killings everywhere and you believe the government supports the killings? No one is held responsible for the killings? How do you know this?

Do not be so confident about your incognito in this forum, and type unlawful texts. Be careful what you type in a public forum. You can keep your deluded opinions and thoughts to yourself, do not come here to indoctrinate some shallow minds.

Remember, ignorance is never an excuse.
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by bigtt76(f): 8:46am On Feb 18, 2017
Ok but I hardly access my mail box

cyber5:

Can i pm u. It has to do with your signature
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by Mynd44: 8:46am On Feb 18, 2017
repogirl:
What is false? Who are the people they arrested and charged with murder of the southern Kaduna people? What are their names? Can you Pls supply a link so I can be informed?

The only people we hear they arrest or invite for questioning are the ones who they claim 'incite', not the ones who actually killed.

http://linkis.com/www.vanguardngr.com/v5Unc

Happy now?
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by delishpot: 8:50am On Feb 18, 2017
nely:
Freedom of speech I assure you,Freedom after speech I can't assure you...why didn't they arrest that guy that said on fb that they would kill all southerners if buhari dies..nonsense

You are asking for too much sir.
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by HeGeMon(m): 8:56am On Feb 18, 2017
How I wish u know the situation of things in that area, u don't know when, how & where these attackers will come, see u can't blame him for been proactive. It was unintended, but how else can u defend itself in this silent war[Quote author=morscino post=53813239]
Finally out instituitions are working,Audu claimed his driver misled him,did d driver also give him those pictures he was posting online?
This is suppposed to be a lawyer who should know better, by confirming information before making it public.
Audu incited violence by misleading d public,he realised he goofed some days later and apologised,but d deed had been done
I'm sure he would be released soon,he was probably invited to prove/deny his claims in d past and would probably be made to sign one or two documents.
I hope he learns from this.[/quote]
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by morpheus24: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2017
ganye1:

Please re- read your accusation above and don't just use big grammar for its sake. To concoct a story would require the one "cooking up" the story to understand the effects of the "ingredients" he is using to concoct the story. In other words if the preconceived intent is to cause malice, disseminate erroneous information and incite to violence then he is guilty. However if the "ingredients" used to concoct the story are sourced from a third party who knowingly supplied incorrect facts to the "cooker" of the concocted story, the most the cooker would be guilty of is negligence to vet or cross check the "ingredients" he was given to cook up the food....Ehem.... I mean story.

This is just an intimidation and fear tactic by government. The case will not stand up in court and if it does the most he will be liable for is passing on false or incorrect information to the public. As far as incitement well, they have to prove "intent" and what kind of incitement is he intending, incite to emotion, incite to violence, incite to demonstrate which will be difficult to prove
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by Taiwx(m): 9:53am On Feb 18, 2017
lastmaster:
abeg, who get Nokia pin mouth charger?

MEgrin
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by DonJupo(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2017
He was arrested for inciting the public with wrong news/information.
In an unstable and security dwarfed society as ours, one should thread softly with things one says.
Yes we have freedom of speech but he wasn't arrested for expressing himself.
His maligned Southern Kaduna killing story on social media heightened an already worried people.
Luckily, he realised his error, took down the posts and apologised to the government of Kaduna state but as we all know, ignorance is no excuse.
I'm not completely in support of his arrest yet I see nothing wrong in being called in for questioning.
It's not like he is been intimidated or denied his lawyer.
And to so called celebrities, there are a lot of ills been done to the common man in the street and only but 10% of you lend your voice to it.
Now we no go hear word cos Na una colleague.
Abegiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sad
Make him answer questions and him go go him house soonest.

Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by cyber5(m): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2017
bigtt76:
Ok but I hardly access my mail box
ok I'll tell u when i send it
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by lastmaster(m): 10:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Taiwx:

MEgrin
borrow me abeg
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by bigtt76(f): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2017
Ok - email me on bokkos@yopmail.com I will respond back to you. smiley

cyber5:

ok I'll tell u when i send it
Re: Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police by Taiwx(m): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2017
lastmaster:
borrow me abeg

lastmaster:
borrow me abeg

LOL.....gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage And Omarion Collaborate In Her SugerCane EP Last Video (Photo) / Tuface Idibia's Joint Turned Into A Strippers Club? / Tonto Dikeh Attends Owambe In See-Through Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.