Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,562 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Now I Believe In Connection - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Now I Believe In Connection (28061 Views)

How Can One Get Federal Job Without Connection? / I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by michaelfriday44(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Here is the everlasting wealth formula: Solve other people’s problems and you would become an automated cash machine! o Identify one problem in your area next week and work out what you could do to solve that problem for people o If your solution is practical, people would drop money on your lap to buy your solution. That is the trick

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by FrankLampard: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Donald3d:
You are getting the wrong notion sir ,I am not condemning him ,on the contrary I am inspiring him,all I am saying he can succeed without focusing on looking for a job,regardless of what he studied .There are a lot of problems around the world today that need solutions ,it might take a while .Even if he studied agriculture,I am saying he can succeed without depending on a job,he just has to focus on solving problems and finding unique ways to solve them(since he cant get a job-and he would even attain more success and money with time) ., maybe i put it wrongly ,but I am sure you get what I mean.

If this was in another world or country that is not ours I will rightly get what you are saying, but in the present country of ours your notion is delusional, because you know the kind of country we are in.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by anonimi: 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:
After stayed at home for almost a year jobless I now believed that connection is the only way to get a good job in Nigeria because all those graduated with 2.2 and pass but well connected are all gainfully employed. Me with my strong 2.1math/comp.sci still here jobless, if na to pray i don turn to prayer warrior all to no avail but I still blv God can do it, I've attended some interviews only to meet like 50 applicants (some with experience) on one/two positions hmmm also no even 20k to start any business

Thought that I should mention that your VOLUNTEERING in not-for-profit organisations will also give you the connection you so badly crave based on your PROVEN competence and DEMONSTRATED trust level just in case you could not figure that out.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855943_fbimg1441954343278_jpegb9ba8c23f4f4d3716a9f5a1365fc8b16

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by kaboninc(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
anonimi:

After Time spent online: 9 days & 15 hours with posts (254), what money have you been using
Have you thought of VOLUNTEERING for a school, religious group, charitable association such as an orphanage to set up a simple system for them and maintain for them until they find you indispensable and realise how much VALUE you have added to their organisation they start OFFERING to pay you out of their own volition and you start climbing from there.
Otherwise keep waiting and doing prayer warrior there.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68

Anonimi... .

You sef.. .but I completely agree with you..

The number of hours spent online by our youths for very unproductive activities amazes me. I just wonder if they know how powerful the internet is, the enormous resources on the internet and how opportuned our generation is to have this massive knowledge for which can be harness at a very small or negligible fee.

It is well

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by Nuahall2k14(m): 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Fool! U think say capital dey fall from sky.
dingbang:
Why are u waiting for what is not available? Must u be an employee?
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by 2017IMUSTWORK: 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
shamecurls:

OMG! He should continue doing what has not helped him in the last one year?

I would advise he visits a shrine and seek spiritual consultation. That would be a different thing that could turn the game around for him.....

Critical times demand critical measures
you know any shrine i am intrested..
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by Mobsync(m): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:
After stayed at home for almost a year jobless I now believed that connection is the only way to get a good job in Nigeria because all those graduated with 2.2 and pass but well connected are all gainfully employed. Me with my strong 2.1math/comp.sci still here jobless, if na to pray i don turn to prayer warrior all to no avail but I still blv God can do it, I've attended some interviews only to meet like 50 applicants (some with experience) on one/two positions hmmm also no even 20k to start any business

You are only frustrated and you seriously need to start thinking outside the box. I'm also in your shoes but mine is "just" four months but I'm already working on a lot of things.

In case you're interested in being a programmer, you can register at Switch.ng. You'll answer some questions once your approved and would be invited for an interview.

If you pass, they'll train you for three months before interning you at an IT firm for another three months. Thereafter, they'll get you a job at an IT firm in exchange for a part of your salary for one year. Don't take my word for it though, I cannot remember some of the details properly and I'll advise you to read through the site.

There is also CodeLagos. Go to codelagos.org and click on the "become a facilitator" button. You'll be taught programming and would be contracted to teach others. It'll pay 15-25k per month and you don't need programming experience to apply.

You can run both together. the Switch.ng training is on weekdays (9-4) and they'll give you transport allowance and free lunch during your training while CodeLagos is a weekend job.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by anonimi: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
FrankLampard:
If this was in another world or country that is not ours I will rightly get what you are saying, but in the present country of ours your notion is delusional, because you know the kind of country we are in.

Those other countries were just as rough and wild as ours CURRENTLY is until dedicated INDIVIDUALS started making small incremental changes to their society.
Read up their history and do not perish for lack of knowledge.
Alternatively, please tell me how our own country will move forward
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by dingbang(m): 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nuahall2k14:
Fool! U think say capital dey fall from sky.
you are no better than an ant who hustles for bread

1 Like

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by icedbreez(m): 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:

Sorry brother no capital to start any business or can you provide? i can send you my business proposal

(icedbreez@gmail.com) send me too, lets see.
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by anonimi: 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
kaboninc:
Anonimi... .

You sef.. .but I completely agree with you..

The number of hours spent online by our youths for very unproductive activities amazes me. I just wonder if they know how powerful the internet is, the enormous resources on the internet and how opportuned our generation is to have this massive knowledge for which can be harness at a very small or negligible fee.

It is well

The thing tire me so tey I vex small o jare.

1 Like

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by vickertony(m): 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ikigia:

Exclude a laptop, most of the needed tools are free. If you can't use some MB to download them, you can get them from friends in same field.
which skill cqn you offer on freelance, fiverr etc with a smartphone? i don't have a laptop this moment.
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by proffemi: 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:

You seem to assume that a 2.1. is a ticket to the good life. Companies pay for what you have to offer them, not your degree class. So I want you to ask yourself: what have you got to offer any company, that hundreds of thousands of other applicants can't match? NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY who can answer that question confidently can stay jobless for long.

Lots of empty barrels with connections get good jobs, but I daresay even more talented individuals without connections get good jobs too. Connection or unique skillset: you've got to have one or the other (or both) or you're screwed in today's Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by FrankLampard: 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
anonimi:

Those other countries were just as rough and wild as ours CURRENTLY is until dedicated INDIVIDUALS started making small incremental changes to their society.
Read up their history and do not perish for lack of knowledge.
Alternatively, please tell me how our own country will move forward
Thanks.

Talk is indeed cheap. Tell me how many people you have used your ideas to employ. Even if it is 5k per month.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by ocheu(f): 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
Why are u waiting for what is not available? Must u be an employee?
everyone must not work and everyone must not do business. Some ppl may already have a career to build, but the need to work to gather experience and also make some cash. So don't talk him into selling akara, everyone must not sell akara.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by dingbang(m): 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
ocheu:
everyone must not work and everyone must not do business. Some ppl may already have a career to build, but the need to work to gather experience and also make some cash. So don't talk him into selling akara, everyone must not sell akara.
if u take this sort of mentality and inculcate it to ur kids, they will never be independent...

2 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by Donald3d(m): 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
FrankLampard:

That I understand as well, but since we are already in this kind of country , we can't keep whining and remain in one position we just have to Keep Moving Forward and survive ! .

3 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by ocheu(f): 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2017

Keep your hopes alive. Don't give up.
well said, some people are already advising him to start up a business; must everyone do business? That's why our country is not moving forward, everyone is after money. Once after graduation, they won't thing of how to help develop the country, the next thing is to gather money and get married

3 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by kogs(m): 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
learn how to have a positive mindset it will help you to be creative. most of us have been waiting for the so call Abuja connection for almost 10years later those same pple promising you will still tell you if only ur 24yrs what will you do. I advice you now to think fast or it might be too late, ur destiny is in ur hands no in ur connection hand. God will locate u if you dream to wakeup n work

4 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by jefy(m): 1:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Danyl:

@OP, the solution to your problem is on the inside of you if you had those credentials you mentioned. I graduated with 2.2 in botany but I got a job in a redundant federal commission that reduces salaries without circular to why it happened. I had to start working on fiverr to keep my family together despite the 70+ I collect every month it doesn't solve my problem it only pay my monthly bills and food but I earn *2 of that from the little computing I learned myself. I can boast in God today that am better of than last year when I never started fiverr full time. I have USA clients that give me works on a rolling basis but no one would believe I studied botany- PLANT SCIENCE. If you can only think outside the box you will never look for a job again. I have a friend who studied the same course but a react.js professional, he just got a job of 125k today with no connection but just dexterity and a bit of passion to see outside what's outside the computer science curriculum. So THINK THINK AND THINK, That 20k for business may not come o walahi, been there before and I know what am saying, but you have a laptop (am sure of that), you have battery? you have small gen? what are you waiting for?
@Dan,been battling to take a firm decision on fiverr,but just couldnt get on with it..A brother needs a hand,please mentor me on this,show me the blue print on how to succeed on fiverr. Thanks,as i hope to hear from you. jflair777 at gmail dot com..you can email me your contact so i can add u up on whatsapp. Gracias
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by anonimi: 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
FrankLampard:
Talk is indeed cheap. Tell me how many people you have used your ideas to employ. Even if it is 5k per month.

Plenty.
Satisfied

1 Like

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by Vokians(m): 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:
sometimes Human Connection could be your God sent helper. Since you now believe in connection, your prayer point should be "Lord connect me to my connectors (helpers)".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by proffemi: 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
anonimi:
...VOLUNTEERING for a school, religious group, charitable association such as an orphanage to set up a simple system for them and maintain for them until they find you indispensable and realise how much VALUE you have added to their organisation they start OFFERING to pay you out of their own volition and you start climbing from there...

Mr. OP, find this guy and buy him a drink. More importantly, do as he says.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by 4dor: 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
KealDrogo:
I have a laptop and data isn't a problem for now. All I need is directions and guidance. If only people are willing to help with the source materials smiley

What exactly do you want to do/learn?
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by Originalsly: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
You are your problem...excuses excuses excuses.... you are good at that. God?...prayer warrior and God didn't help you.... why? God helps those who help themselves.. Jobs...by connections only...every working person you know got job by connection? ... so why take the negative route? Starting a business..... N1k can start a business... even half of that... starting a business from scratch....but you can never see that .....your mind is closed to such... not possible. You have no will so there would be no way.Where there is a will there is a way....should I offer to give you N5M cash.... not a loan... a gift.... if you have to collect it in Abuja tomorrow before 2 pm..... are you going to tell me you can't make it because you don't have fare nor don't know how to get there?...again....Where there is a will there is a way

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by willibounce1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:

Thanks, had it been I have a Laptop I won't come online to lament. All I need is to work for at least a year then set up my own business from the saved capital

How did you study computer science without having a laptop?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by FrankLampard: 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
anonimi:

Plenty.
Satisfied

Proof
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:

While connection is supreme, you can still get something without knowing anyone, just that it's not going to come easy, so brace up. If there's one thing I've learned out here, good grades doesn't guarantee good jobs, many factors come into play.

Stay on course bro, if you like bank jobs so many banks are currently Recruiting, check out access bank, fidelity bank, and others, also depending on ur location, do not neglect local businesses where your expertise might be needed, you can even work outside your area of study,

as a computer guy, do you know your basic software? What can you do with a computer? If you don't you might want to start thinking of ways to improve your competency without costing you much. hopefully something must click. Cheers bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by 4dbeta: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
My brother, don't expect anyone to give you money or laptop or any other capital before you move forward in life. Start from just where you are and whatever you have. Remove shyness and pride and look around you will see something.

4 Likes

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by PURITYAUTOZ: 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
No so true bro...presently working in a good organization where I didn't know any body and wasn't recommended by anybody. Make sure you have a good resume and cover letter and consistency is the key also. To cap it all prayer....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Believe In Connection by iretex1(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: Now I Believe In Connection by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
4dor:

If you have a Computer Science degree and you are unemployed not underemployed then you are the source of your problem. The fact that you also think a "strong 2.1" will open the door for you in any IT related role (Maths might be an exception) is another pointer to the fact that you're not ready to change your status.

Sorry if I'm a bit harsh but someone needs to tell you in a straightforward way.
Sorry brother, what exactly are you saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. / How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine / Total Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.