Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ (25564 Views)

Dollar Scarcity Looming As Naira Trades At N375 To A Dollar, Nigerians React / Naira Gains Against Dollar To N375/$ / CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mykelmeezy: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
mildflame:

What is good about it? This tells how bereft, myopic and hopeless they are Policies somersaults left, right, front and backward very useless

it's horrible good news

see the thing is it's better to get it at 375 than 530 at black market

if you are here or have anyone who's here ask them how they are coping

2 Likes

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by jose556(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
Another exchange rate joins the ranks of exchange rates... Naija I hail ooo. One country 100 exchange rates

4 Likes

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Thisis2raw(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
mildflame:

What is good about it? This tells how bereft, myopic and hopeless they are
Policies somersaults left, right, front and backward very useless
my dear what do you want me to say?

1 Like

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Miles300: 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Adesiji77:
Another exchange rate is here. How long will CBN continue with its knee-jerk reactions? angry
crazy country , isn't funny to see different xchange rate in nigeria , it shows govt has lost control of the economy , soon ashawao go get there own exhange rate , airline exhange rate is @323 ... Every sector will be Avin there own xchange rates

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Bamz(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

bros its not a good thing oo

you have to apply for dollars weeks in advance

untop that they charge heavily

form A isnt going

the government really affected we students here

Hi, how do you mean that form A isn't going through?
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by martineverest(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Cmoyor:
can someone pls explain in clear terms d tax clearance stuff for dose schooling abroad?
those paying tuition fees abroad normally source for dollars demselves during dis recession,unlike before.they usually get dollars at black market rate of 500 naira per dollar.....but it has been reduced to 375 when using PTA
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
mildflame:

What is good about it? This tells how bereft, myopic and hopeless they are
Policies somersaults left, right, front and backward very useless

What do u understand about what they wrote up there.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mildflame: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

it's horrible good news

see the thing is it's better to get it at 375 than 530 at black market

if you are here or have anyone who's here ask them how they are coping

Ask the MANUFACTURERS how are they getting theirs despite government announcing a separate rate for them

1 Like

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mildflame: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
PUSH1:

What do u understand about what they wrote up there.
Ask me again if you run a bizness or ST4U...ZOMBIE Irritant
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by umuna(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
Islie:

[b]Moves to tighten noose against FX round tripping

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/02/18/cbn-pegs-dollar-rate-for-school-fees-pta-at-n375/

different exchange rates by CBN. Me tire o!
westafricaherbs.com
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
mildflame:

Ask me again if you run a bizness or ST4U...ZOMBIE Irritant

I don't. My kids schools abroad.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by strenghtt: 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Thisis2raw:
my dear what do you want me to say?

Don't mind them, let Buhari cut down his head for them they will still complain of not satisfied. Those schooling abroad will appreciate this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mykelmeezy: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
Bamz:

Hi, how do you mean that form A isn't going through?

since like august sef

banks like unity bank since forever

most times black market is our best option

see my school here once you miss a deadline date on sch fees ...there is $88 extra charge

so you have no choice than to apply days in advance or buy BLACKMARKET
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mildflame: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
PUSH1:

I don't. My kids schools abroad.

I ran a factory with the two most VITAL component being imported...why didn't /can't the BANKS or BOI help me in the payment of these items instead of allowing our factory to close operation
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by petrov10: 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
They should allow the sales of dollars in banks jor
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mildflame: 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

since like august sef

banks like unity bank since forever

most times black market is our best option

see my school here once you miss a deadline date on sch fees ...there is $88 extra charge

so you have no choice than to apply days in advance or buy BLACKMARKET

Bro. You know their game
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mykelmeezy: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
mildflame:

Ask the MANUFACTURERS how are they getting theirs despite government announcing a separate rate for them

personally idgaf abt manufacturers coz I'm not into that

gej didnt let buhari sell his cows b4 he got dollars for his miserable family to school abroad

see i dey vex hence the insult is me venting

don't you understand that

banks runs outta dollars but black market abokis doesn't

that is the biggest scam and corruption in this government
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mykelmeezy: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
mildflame:

Bro. You know their game

most times when people like us here complain or wish people like bubu dead they dont know our pain

n b4 they come with can't we school here

they dont look at lautech or futo n co

or the fact that the people advising them to school here all their children all schooled abroad

1 Like

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
mildflame:

I ran a factory with the two most VITAL component being imported...why didn't /can't the BANKS or BOI help me in the payment of these items instead of allowing our factory to close operation

What kind of factory?
Send info.
msantos1903@hotmail.com
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mildflame: 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

personally idgaf abt manufacturers coz I'm not into that

gej didnt let buhari sell his cows b4 he got dollars for his miserable family to school abroad

see i dey vex hence the insult is me venting

don't you understand that

banks runs outta dollars but black market abokis doesn't

that is the biggest scam and corruption in this government

Your GENERATION generations will always SHINE
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by penuelway(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
Government should shut down abokifx.com and see if the parallel market price increase will stop or not.how can an unathorised site continue to move the price of our currency and government see no evil in that rather they are running after saharareporter.
I bet you if abokifx put the price of dollar at 1,000 tomorrow,we will all buy and sell dollar at that rate for the day.
Even if government should flood the market with a tralier full of dollar and abokifx.com is still manipulating the price,ko le work ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by piagetskinner(m): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Confused govt...form A has been crawling at snail speed for over five months now

Im just tired...I wish the whole system can be formatted ad rebooted again
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by ip2121918021(m): 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
bureau de change sells dollars at that same rate. does this mean that CBN is now competiting with bdc for the same buyer?

coz this move may make bdc owners to increase the rate at which they sell

which BDC dey sell for N375 abeg give me their address o undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Clone2020(m): 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
If you are in the US or have relatives in the US trying to send money to naija, I will exchange the funds at 420/$, simply deposit into my US bank account and receive instant funding into your Nigerian account. Don't bother with western Union and co, they exchange at 375/$ with fees and the exchange rate drops to around 345/$.

See my contact below...
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by 989900: 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
Emefiele and the President are both clueless and complicit at the same time.

Why and how this 2 dolts continue to ruin lives unchecked is beyond me.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by AleAirHub(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oh you believe this trash right. Don't be surprise of the reviews you will hear from Monday from our banks angry angry angry
AntiWailer:
Good move for those schooling abroad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by precious1967(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
kai, emefiele is a disaster to nigeria economy by being d cbn governor. PMB come home and remove ds cbn calamity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by lorhema(f): 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
My prayer now is that I get access to this rate.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by abham: 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
bureau de change sells dollars at that same rate. does this mean that CBN is now competiting with bdc for the same buyer?

coz this move may make bdc owners to increase the rate at which they sell
if u kno Any Bdc shop kindly let me know. I hope dis news will be legit.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by tobiasbeecher: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
martineverest:
those paying tuition fees abroad normally source for dollars demselves during dis recession,unlike before.they usually get dollars at black market rate of 500 naira per dollar.....but it has been reduced to 375 when using PTA
Look at the answer you're giving to somebody, so out of point! Do you even understand his question. Read it again

2 Likes

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by goldedprince: 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
please leave the dollar as e dey
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by AntiWailer: 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
AleAirHub:
Oh you believe this trash right. Don't be surprise of the reviews you will hear from Monday from our banks angry angry angry

Then report to CBN. Is that difficult to do ?

Instead of assuming every policy and everything they say is a lie.

Write petition against any bank that deny you your right.

Such bank wold be sanctioned heavily by CBN.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / Businessman's Wooden Safe Caught Fire In Lagos / Ethiopia, Nigeria Swap $100M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.